Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

Greg pop said himself try got out played, why can't all accept that. Y'all wanna talk flops, then nobody in the NBA wins. Refs were horrible game 1 and 2, manu and Parker were flopping left and right, but y'all were not complaining then. Take your salt to the spurs off season post.

Exactly.  Shut the %*%% up with these excuses and complaints already.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Don't get why people keep saying dynasty...what if they lose in the Finals?

They have to win more than one to be considered a dynasty, let them handle their business first before labels are being thrown around.

Exactly, people are so quick to give lables. Dudes were calling the Heat a future dynasty last year going into the finals. Let them win one first.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Beating the Spurs for 4 straight games ain't no flop son. Yeap you're wrong son
That's the only argument I see that OKC fans keep saying.  HOWEVER, I've seen numerous time and time and time again Harden floppin' like no tomorrow.  He does it, at the very least, 3 times a game.
Yes, the Spurs lost 4 in a row.  A big reason is because Westbrook was put in check and changed his approach to the game jacking up 30 shots per.  His defense was also pretty stellar roaming about like a safety.  I'm not arguing the 4 in a row.  I'm arguing all the flop crap I see and 'I'm not quite there yet but going to get a charge call by sliding under you even though you have already jumped in the air towards the basket' calls the NBA refs have generously given this year.  N. Collison and S. Battier and Mike Miller do this ALL THE TIME.  That 'And 1' takeaway from Manu by refs was crap.  KD clearly wasn't there yet with feet SET by the time the player already was in the air.  Look at the rules ... very disappointing the NBA is allowing all these slide-under charge calls to take place.

And the more than obvious flop calls are just as bad.  It should be if the refs do NOT SEE the actual foul, rather than the flailing of the arms and 'I just got shot' animations, no call is made.  Harden's flop call on that supposed 'charge' on Manu to get Manu's 5th foul and more importantly a 3 pointer taken away was utter crap.  Even more egregious was when Harden flailed his arms against Kawhi in the 3rd quarter and waved both arms in the air and snapped his neck back when the dude didn't even touch him on the Spurs' inbounds play.

Yes, the Spurs had the lead, an 18 pt one at that.  But these blatant and purposeful flop strategies take away any momentum Spurs might have had to fend off a Thunder rally.  And how does the ref miss a clobber to the head on the baseline?  Suspect, I tell you.

Like I said, the NBA is a business, first and foremost, and they want Thunder in the Finals.  There is a reason Mike got every little touch call, just like Kobe in the years after.
The Spurs are known to flop too buddy. You can win a few possessions by flopping but you still got to score to win. You still got to put to the ball in the hoop. I didn't know flopping could erase a 18 point deficit.  You don't win a series by flopping. OKC beat the Spurs 4 games in a row. They played better. Simple as that. Take the L.

And you're one of these cats who think NBA is rigged. lol. Yet you still watch every games
laugh.gif

If the NBA is rigged and want rating they would put Lakers in the Finals right now . Stop with these NBA is rigged conspiracies.
Exactly....it is like Professional Wrestling.  I watched that as a kid in the early 90's when its authenticity was questionable and I was young.  As soon as I found out it was fake and staged...I stopped watching and never looked back.

If you think the NBA has been rigged since Jordan.....and yet you still watch, what does that say about you?  You sound like an opportunist looking for an excuse.  The hardest thing is to look at your team/player and be straight up....."we were not good enough...or we blew it."  Always easier to have a crutch or some lame cop out to justify a loss. 

^^^^^^ JordansRMYcrack= skip bayless????? You sound like an alter boy defending his priest. You know what happened, but now you make every excuses to deny what happened.

Spurs fans as salty as I'd like to be, we have to be honest with ourselves and admit that OKC made the adjustment(s) necessary after game two and from that point on were the better team. The refs didn't carry them to 4 striaght. Granted, the questionable calls including the technical completely annihilated any momentum we had built up to make a come back. However, the refs also had questionable calls that were in our favor in previous games including game 5 which we STILL lost. Believe me, this loss is burning me right now because I was really excited to fly under the radar as we do every year and win 20 in a row quietly. But we were outplayed by the better team.

You have to appreciate what we did this season because everyone counts us out at the very beginning of the year EVERY YEAR and think that this is the "year to rebuild." All we end up doing is being the #1/2 seed every year. Barring that Ginobili injury, we could have possibly made another push in 2010. I know we all thought we were going striaght to the finals but we have a lot to be happy about considering NO ONE and I mean NO ONE stated at the beginning of this year, that the Spurs would make it to the Western Conference finals and be up 2-0.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Derek Fisher been callin Kobe and just breathin on the phone...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

but it should be "Derek Fisher been callin Kobe Jim Buss/Kupchak and just breathin on the phone..."

I dont think Kobe wanted that trade
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I cant front though, I like Westbrook's love for the game
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

That's the only argument I see that OKC fans keep saying.  HOWEVER, I've seen numerous time and time and time again Harden floppin' like no tomorrow.  He does it, at the very least, 3 times a game.
Yes, the Spurs lost 4 in a row.  A big reason is because Westbrook was put in check and changed his approach to the game jacking up 30 shots per.  His defense was also pretty stellar roaming about like a safety.  I'm not arguing the 4 in a row.  I'm arguing all the flop crap I see and 'I'm not quite there yet but going to get a charge call by sliding under you even though you have already jumped in the air towards the basket' calls the NBA refs have generously given this year.  N. Collison and S. Battier and Mike Miller do this ALL THE TIME.  That 'And 1' takeaway from Manu by refs was crap.  KD clearly wasn't there yet with feet SET by the time the player already was in the air.  Look at the rules ... very disappointing the NBA is allowing all these slide-under charge calls to take place.

And the more than obvious flop calls are just as bad.  It should be if the refs do NOT SEE the actual foul, rather than the flailing of the arms and 'I just got shot' animations, no call is made.  Harden's flop call on that supposed 'charge' on Manu to get Manu's 5th foul and more importantly a 3 pointer taken away was utter crap.  Even more egregious was when Harden flailed his arms against Kawhi in the 3rd quarter and waved both arms in the air and snapped his neck back when the dude didn't even touch him on the Spurs' inbounds play.

Yes, the Spurs had the lead, an 18 pt one at that.  But these blatant and purposeful flop strategies take away any momentum Spurs might have had to fend off a Thunder rally.  And how does the ref miss a clobber to the head on the baseline?  Suspect, I tell you.

Like I said, the NBA is a business, first and foremost, and they want Thunder in the Finals.  There is a reason Mike got every little touch call, just like Kobe in the years after.
The Spurs are known to flop too buddy. You can win a few possessions by flopping but you still got to score to win. You still got to put to the ball in the hoop. I didn't know flopping could erase a 18 point deficit.  You don't win a series by flopping. OKC beat the Spurs 4 games in a row. They played better. Simple as that. Take the L.

And you're one of these cats who think NBA is rigged. lol. Yet you still watch every games
laugh.gif

If the NBA is rigged and want rating they would put Lakers in the Finals right now . Stop with these NBA is rigged conspiracies.
Exactly....it is like Professional Wrestling.  I watched that as a kid in the early 90's when its authenticity was questionable and I was young.  As soon as I found out it was fake and staged...I stopped watching and never looked back.

If you think the NBA has been rigged since Jordan.....and yet you still watch, what does that say about you?  You sound like an opportunist looking for an excuse.  The hardest thing is to look at your team/player and be straight up....."we were not good enough...or we blew it."  Always easier to have a crutch or some lame cop out to justify a loss. 

Reading, overrated? ... Here we go ... 4 in a row, 18 pt lead blow ... I agree with all that.  I'm talking 3rd and 4th qtr Game 6 bad calls that KILL momentum.  Manu 'And 1' takeaway, Harden flop = Manu's 5th foul and 3 ptr takeaway (a 2-fer), Kawhi's head slap ... That's 6 pts and a possession in a monumental 4th qtr.  THIS CANNOT BE ARGUED AGAINST since we all know it's true.  
LET's not forget about Perkins' illegal screens throughout all of this--something that was mentioned by the analysts over and over.

Harden's push flop by Steve J. in the 3rd qtr was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in a playoff game--ever.

I review each call with the 5-second rewind button to see if I agree with it.  Most of the time, I do.  But this last Game 6 was a joke when it came to proper officiating.  Someone mentioned it already, but I do believe the Thunder's UNBELIEVABLE crowd (best in NBA in my opinion, 2nd Blazers) had an influence on the game and the way the refs made calls, perhaps being too caught up in the moment.

thunder big three flops more then any other big 3 in the league. look how many times they go to the free throw line

A ton of Lakers fans in this thread... Where are the Lakers? Where have they been for weeks? Just saying. A ton of people acting like they've been riding with OKC since day one all over this thread.
I'm not making excuses either. We lost and thats that. Losing 4 games after being up 2-0 is unacceptable. Thats tantamount to being swept in my mind. That being said I'm proud of the Spurs. They had a GREAT year, like they always do and I'm glad that I'm able to see it live. No other franchise can say they've been as consistent as we have, and more than likely we will be back making noise next year, with more confident Green and Leonard, more time for working on the rotations and the same core that we've always had. 

Do Be Doo has a point though the refs was horrendous, like its been all post season but yesterday was one of those special cases that in my mind rise above the rest, like game 2 of the Boston Miami series. Not an excuse, just an observation, things were too lopsided in one teams favor, but it was the icing on the cake. We got outplayed like Pop said

If I havent said it already congrats to the Thunder, IMO its no surprise that the team modeled after the Spurs, that is run by a SAS product did this.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

laugh.gif

Reading, overrated? ... Here we go ... 4 in a row, 18 pt lead blow ... I agree with all that.  I'm talking 3rd and 4th qtr Game 6 bad calls that KILL momentum.  Manu 'And 1' takeaway, Harden flop = Manu's 5th foul and 3 ptr takeaway (a 2-fer), Kawhi's head slap ... That's 6 pts and a possession in a monumental 4th qtr.  THIS CANNOT BE ARGUED AGAINST since we all know it's true.  
LET's not forget about Perkins' illegal screens throughout all of this--something that was mentioned by the analysts over and over.

Harden's push flop by Steve J. in the 3rd qtr was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in a playoff game--ever.

I review each call with the 5-second rewind button to see if I agree with it.  Most of the time, I do.  But this last Game 6 was a joke when it came to proper officiating.  Someone mentioned it already, but I do believe the Thunder's UNBELIEVABLE crowd (best in NBA in my opinion, 2nd Blazers) had an influence on the game and the way the refs made calls, perhaps being too caught up in the moment.

You've must have just started watching basketball. Take a look at the phoenix series while donaghy was a referee. Worst game in NBA history.

That's your argument to prove NBA isn't rigged?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

thunder big three flops more then any other big 3 in the league. look how many times they go to the free throw line

Numbers or don't post in here again......We'll wait....

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

Greg pop said himself they got out played, why can't all accept that. Y'all wanna talk flops, then nobody in the NBA wins. Refs were horrible game 1 and 2, manu and Parker were flopping left and right, but y'all were not complaining then. Take your salt to the spurs off season post.
Exactly. The great Pop said it. Give credit where credit is due. OKC played a helluva series, especially being down 0-2. If the NBA was rigged, Miami and the Lakers would be a lock every year. 

Originally Posted by Antidope

A ton of Lakers fans in this thread... Where are the Lakers? Where have they been for weeks? Just saying. A ton of people acting like they've been riding with OKC since day one all over this thread.
I'm not making excuses either. We lost and thats that. Losing 4 games after being up 2-0 is unacceptable. Thats tantamount to being swept in my mind. That being said I'm proud of the Spurs. They had a GREAT year, like they always do and I'm glad that I'm able to see it live. No other franchise can say they've been as consistent as we have, and more than likely we will be back making noise next year, with more confident Green and Leonard, more time for working on the rotations and the same core that we've always had. 

Do Be Doo has a point though the refs was horrendous, like its been all post season but yesterday was one of those special cases that in my mind rise above the rest, like game 2 of the Boston Miami series. Not an excuse, just an observation, things were too lopsided in one teams favor, but it was the icing on the cake. We got outplayed like Pop said

If I havent said it already congrats to the Thunder, IMO its no surprise that the team modeled after the Spurs, that is run by a SAS product did this.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at saying anyone flops more than Ginobili.  Son perfected the art of flopping, he is to flopping what Tim Duncan is to the bank shot
roll.gif

Best thing about being is the finals, is hopefully Cheryl Miller comes to OKC. If her AND Lachina from NBATV come, I might have to get a room at the Skirvin and get my Michael David Barrett on (+2 pts if you get the reference w/o having to google it).

I think I'll keep this sig throughout the Finals... 
pimp.gif

Uno mas casualty:

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Everyone was saying the Thunder can't win it all because they don't have the bigs to match up with the Lakers or Spurs...
Wow, nobody said that at all about the Spurs. The Spurs' weakness is their interior. They have no center, and their best interior player is an old Tim Duncan. Brooks crapped the bed the first two games not exploiting that. He finally figured it out by Game 4. But now they're back on the road.

As I said, it's 2-2, with the home team winning every game. The outcomes of Game 3 and 4 were predictable (blow out Game 3, close Game 4). The home team hasn't lost yet. This isn't a series...yet.

Check the Mavs playoff thread. Unless there was sarcasm in those statements. Doubt it.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-the-Mavs#reply-12779988

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Seriously though, who do we see matching up well with OKC?
Um, any team with a halfway decent interior presence? So that leaves SA, LA and Memphis.

LEGGO OKC!
should be a great series.

I think the series depends solely on if Wade shows up or not, for the Thunder sake.. hopefully he stinks it up again.

Back
Top Bottom