Original AJ XI November 1995

swingshot wrote:

Steel Xs with the toe cap pop up every now and then. Shadow's with a toe cap... Not so sure.

I've never seen a pair of OG steel Xs without the toecap and I've never seen a pair of shadows with it. If anyone has pics of OG steels without thetoecap, I'd like to see it.

Originally Posted by seinfeld4

Surfing my usual sites today stumbled across a post with some OG XIs
pimp.gif

Thought it was worthy of sharing with fellow NTers
dcbpg4.jpg

Did Tinker Hatfield design those Grant Hills? They kinda resemble the XIIIs

Man, I and I thought I had some old issues! Nice find, now people can stop whining about Jordans just sitting on the shelves since MJ doesn't play anymore.If anything, it looks like they're selling better now/

Originally Posted by Driftracer

classic eastbay!

xi, x, AIR GO, cwebb, shawn kemps, great year for kicks!

i swear they need to just retro these classics, instead of producing garbage fusions etc...
alright its fixed

Gentry said that the Shadow X's with toe cap was rare since they halted production because Jordan did not like them. He said it in an interview about ayear ago I think.

i wish i was a little bit older, then i would have got into jordans more, i started liking jays when the 18s came out and i bought a pair for basketball.

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

Originally Posted by Driftracer

classic eastbay!

xi, x, AIR GO, cwebb, shawn kemps, great year for kicks!

i swear they need to just retro these classics, instead of producing garbage fusions etc...
alright its fixed

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by seinfeld4

wow dont forget the X on DISCOUNT!
eek.gif

fa3knt.jpg

the toe cap on the shadows were probably the cause of the re-call that Tinker was talking about in the Interview for Sole Collector. MJ wanted a clean toe box. That might be why they were on discount.
well i'll be damned

Love those powders

might consider getting a pair

yeah good ol days. i was in jr. high when they dropped we use to pass the eastbay mags to the homies during periods so they can see what the new j's looklike. and whoever was the first one with them was "the man" for the day. everyone would crowd around dude so they can see them. "i'm gettinfor x-mas" "my momma gettin for me this weekend" i had to wait til x-mas. got them at copeland sports (in del amo mall) i opened the box tolook at them. i was so happy in the box was also tha dogg pound cd (dogg food) and coolio (gangster paradise). sorry for the story guys just had to let it out.

never get tired of seeing XIs and all the talk used to be about the steel Xs with the toecap. i wonder who is gonna jump on the shadows now

Those Shadow's were most likely a pair of early samples of the shoes...

Correct me if I'm wrong but MJ hated the cap toe design on the X's and insisted that they be removed...By the time Nike decided to scrap the cap toe onthe X's the Steeles were already released and all following colorway's did not have that feature as per MJ's wishes...

Back
Top Bottom