Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

8vp8vm.jpg

nerd.gif

eyes.gif

$$+$ bout to get real tonight if they share these pictures. Even though I'm damn sure all the naysayers in this thread STILL will deny the photos are real

Spoiler [+]
BAD-BOYS.jpg
pimp.gif

$$+$ bout to get real tonight if they share these pictures. Even though I'm damn sure all the naysayers in this thread STILL will deny the photos are real

Spoiler [+]
BAD-BOYS.jpg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LouisVuittonDonKing

Whats ST6?

the seal team which conducted the raid. we wont know the folks for a long time. they do missions all the time, their identies CANT be revealed.

Originally Posted by rashi

Supposedly, this picture is suppose to be "really" graphic and almost blowing off his head. That picture looks like nothing like it was described.
Officials said DNA taken from the brain of Osama bin Laden's sister following her death

laugh.gif

Where did they get his sister from? Were they "saving" her?
roll.gif

His sister lived in America, Boston I believe and at the time of her death the FBI issued a subpoena to collect DNA from her dead body.  Which they then stored away for the capture or death of Osama Bin Laden to cross-reference DNA samples.  

Originally Posted by rashi

Supposedly, this picture is suppose to be "really" graphic and almost blowing off his head. That picture looks like nothing like it was described.
Officials said DNA taken from the brain of Osama bin Laden's sister following her death

laugh.gif

Where did they get his sister from? Were they "saving" her?
roll.gif

His sister lived in America, Boston I believe and at the time of her death the FBI issued a subpoena to collect DNA from her dead body.  Which they then stored away for the capture or death of Osama Bin Laden to cross-reference DNA samples.  

Originally Posted by LouisVuittonDonKing

Whats ST6?

the seal team which conducted the raid. we wont know the folks for a long time. they do missions all the time, their identies CANT be revealed.

8vp8vm.jpg

nerd.gif
Looking like a damn wax figure
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....Government mines well stick to they story....releasing pics or videos won't do anything for me...track record too shady....and I work for these !%$%%%!$#@+%@
tired.gif
...oh well...I still love the Air Force.

8vp8vm.jpg

nerd.gif
Looking like a damn wax figure
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....Government mines well stick to they story....releasing pics or videos won't do anything for me...track record too shady....and I work for these !%$%%%!$#@+%@
tired.gif
...oh well...I still love the Air Force.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

tkthafm wrote:

From link 2 I provided:
According to Ahmed Rashid, a correspondent for the Far Eastern Economic Review, in 1986 CIA chief William Casey committed CIA support to a long-standing ISI proposal to recruit from around the world to join the Afghan jihad. At least 100,000 Islamic militants flocked to Pakistan between 1982 and 1992 (some 60,000 attended fundamentalist schools in Pakistan without necessarily taking part in the fighting).

Another article from Global Research, which took this tidbit from their source from the article in Foreign Policy by Ahmed Rashid entitled "The Taliban: Exporting Extremism", November-December 1999:
With the active encouragement of the CIA and Pakistan's ISI [Inter Services Intelligence], who wanted to turn the Afghan jihad into a global war waged by all Muslim states against the Soviet Union, some 35,000 Muslim radicals from 40 Islamic countries joined Afghanistan's fight between 1982 and 1992. Tens of thousands more came to study in Pakistani madrasahs. Eventually more than 100,000 foreign Muslim radicals were directly influenced by the Afghan jihad.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=3198

How is it that you imply the U.S. did not help support these local and foreign mujahideens when it is right there written in blanket U.S. official documents they approved the funding and aid to mujahideens through the Operation Cyclone, the Reagan Doctrine and the National Directive spearheaded by Carter and Reagan?  

I'm not claiming that. I'm claiming they didn't help the FOREIGN mujahideen. It's not written in any official documents that I'm aware of. The quotes you provided are claims made by Ahmed Rashid, not actual official document. They state that the CIA through the ISI wanted to actively recruit foreign fighters (a claim which I don't believe/haven't seen official evidence for), not that they funded/armed them. 
ohwell.gif

So again, yes operation cyclone armed mujahideen... native mujahideen.The US never directly armed/trained foreign Arab Afghans/al-Qaeda/Bin Laden. Look at the title of the article. Taliban, not al-Qaeda.

Both groups recruited foreign fighters. The United States, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan worked in tandem to recruit the group that would later be called the Afghan Arabs. They also trained them and provided them weapons. We built the base in the mountains of Tora Bora for the. All of this is widely known. It's so widely known that the entire story was laid out in the New York Times article on Bin Ladens life from yesterday. 
Bin Laden began traveling beyond the border into Afghanistan in 1982, bringing with him construction machinery and recruits. In 1984, he and Mr. Azzam began setting up guesthouses in Peshawar, which was the first stop for holy warriors on their way to Afghanistan. With the money they had raised in Saudi Arabia, they established the Office of Services, which branched out across the world to recruit young jihadists.

The recruits were known as the Afghan Arabs, though they came from all over the world, and their numbers were estimated as high as 20,000. By 1986, Bin Laden had begun setting up training camps for them as well, and he was paying roughly $25,000 a month to subsidize them.

The flood of young men following him to Afghanistan prompted the founding of Al Qaeda. The genesis was essentially bureaucratic; Bin Laden wanted a way to track the men so he could tell their families what had happened to them. The documentation that Al Qaeda provided became a primitive database of young jihadists.

Through the looking glass of Sept. 11, it seemed ironic that the Americans and Osama bin Laden had fought on the same side against the Soviets in Afghanistan — as if the Americans had somehow created the Bin Laden monster by providing arms and cash to the Arabs. The complex at Tora Bora where Qaeda members hid had been created with the help of the C.I.A. as a base for the Afghans fighting the Soviets.

Bin Laden himself described the fight in Afghanistan this way: “There I received volunteers who came from the Saudi kingdom and from all over the Arab and Muslim countries. I set up my first camp where these volunteers were trained by Pakistani and American officers. The weapons were supplied by the Americans, the money by the Saudis.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

tkthafm wrote:

From link 2 I provided:
According to Ahmed Rashid, a correspondent for the Far Eastern Economic Review, in 1986 CIA chief William Casey committed CIA support to a long-standing ISI proposal to recruit from around the world to join the Afghan jihad. At least 100,000 Islamic militants flocked to Pakistan between 1982 and 1992 (some 60,000 attended fundamentalist schools in Pakistan without necessarily taking part in the fighting).

Another article from Global Research, which took this tidbit from their source from the article in Foreign Policy by Ahmed Rashid entitled "The Taliban: Exporting Extremism", November-December 1999:
With the active encouragement of the CIA and Pakistan's ISI [Inter Services Intelligence], who wanted to turn the Afghan jihad into a global war waged by all Muslim states against the Soviet Union, some 35,000 Muslim radicals from 40 Islamic countries joined Afghanistan's fight between 1982 and 1992. Tens of thousands more came to study in Pakistani madrasahs. Eventually more than 100,000 foreign Muslim radicals were directly influenced by the Afghan jihad.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=3198

How is it that you imply the U.S. did not help support these local and foreign mujahideens when it is right there written in blanket U.S. official documents they approved the funding and aid to mujahideens through the Operation Cyclone, the Reagan Doctrine and the National Directive spearheaded by Carter and Reagan?  

I'm not claiming that. I'm claiming they didn't help the FOREIGN mujahideen. It's not written in any official documents that I'm aware of. The quotes you provided are claims made by Ahmed Rashid, not actual official document. They state that the CIA through the ISI wanted to actively recruit foreign fighters (a claim which I don't believe/haven't seen official evidence for), not that they funded/armed them. 
ohwell.gif

So again, yes operation cyclone armed mujahideen... native mujahideen.The US never directly armed/trained foreign Arab Afghans/al-Qaeda/Bin Laden. Look at the title of the article. Taliban, not al-Qaeda.

Both groups recruited foreign fighters. The United States, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan worked in tandem to recruit the group that would later be called the Afghan Arabs. They also trained them and provided them weapons. We built the base in the mountains of Tora Bora for the. All of this is widely known. It's so widely known that the entire story was laid out in the New York Times article on Bin Ladens life from yesterday. 
Bin Laden began traveling beyond the border into Afghanistan in 1982, bringing with him construction machinery and recruits. In 1984, he and Mr. Azzam began setting up guesthouses in Peshawar, which was the first stop for holy warriors on their way to Afghanistan. With the money they had raised in Saudi Arabia, they established the Office of Services, which branched out across the world to recruit young jihadists.

The recruits were known as the Afghan Arabs, though they came from all over the world, and their numbers were estimated as high as 20,000. By 1986, Bin Laden had begun setting up training camps for them as well, and he was paying roughly $25,000 a month to subsidize them.

The flood of young men following him to Afghanistan prompted the founding of Al Qaeda. The genesis was essentially bureaucratic; Bin Laden wanted a way to track the men so he could tell their families what had happened to them. The documentation that Al Qaeda provided became a primitive database of young jihadists.

Through the looking glass of Sept. 11, it seemed ironic that the Americans and Osama bin Laden had fought on the same side against the Soviets in Afghanistan — as if the Americans had somehow created the Bin Laden monster by providing arms and cash to the Arabs. The complex at Tora Bora where Qaeda members hid had been created with the help of the C.I.A. as a base for the Afghans fighting the Soviets.

Bin Laden himself described the fight in Afghanistan this way: “There I received volunteers who came from the Saudi kingdom and from all over the Arab and Muslim countries. I set up my first camp where these volunteers were trained by Pakistani and American officers. The weapons were supplied by the Americans, the money by the Saudis.

Back
Top Bottom