Other than Lakers, should any other team retire Shaq's jersey?

Orlando - 4 seasons - 1 Finals
Lakers - 8 seasons - 4 Finals, 3 championships (3 finals MVPs)
Miami - 3.5 seasons - 1 championship
Phoenix - 1.5 seasons
Cleveland - 1 season
Boston - 1 season

I guess the real question is, should Miami retire Shaq's jersey?
I hope they don't.  He belongs in Staples Center only.  He gave the team and city 8 great years.

Orlando - 4 seasons - 1 Finals
Lakers - 8 seasons - 4 Finals, 3 championships (3 finals MVPs)
Miami - 3.5 seasons - 1 championship
Phoenix - 1.5 seasons
Cleveland - 1 season
Boston - 1 season

I guess the real question is, should Miami retire Shaq's jersey?
I hope they don't.  He belongs in Staples Center only.  He gave the team and city 8 great years.

If anything it'll be Orlando over Miami... But I only see his jersey getting retried in LA.

Who knows though, Miami retires everybody's jersey.
roll.gif

If anything it'll be Orlando over Miami... But I only see his jersey getting retried in LA.

Who knows though, Miami retires everybody's jersey.
roll.gif

knowing the heat, if they retired dan marino and jordans numbers, they'll give shaq who pretty much turned them into title contenders overnight with that trade in 04 a trophy in front of the american airlines arena, and retire his number.

no one in orlando has worn 32 since he left, and he was a top 50 player in nba history strictly off his 4 seasons in orlando and he put them on the map. it's debatable if they ever retire his number offically, but i could see shaq and the magic making up somewhere down the line.

Considering the age of the franchise, Orlando definitely should. He is still the best player in franchise history.

Considering the age of the franchise, Orlando definitely should. He is still the best player in franchise history.

knowing the heat, if they retired dan marino and jordans numbers, they'll give shaq who pretty much turned them into title contenders overnight with that trade in 04 a trophy in front of the american airlines arena, and retire his number.

no one in orlando has worn 32 since he left, and he was a top 50 player in nba history strictly off his 4 seasons in orlando and he put them on the map. it's debatable if they ever retire his number offically, but i could see shaq and the magic making up somewhere down the line.

Miami considering he helped elevate the team into contenders for a short time when he arrived. I could see why they wouldn't though considering he was only there for 3.5 seasons and burned bridges.

Miami considering he helped elevate the team into contenders for a short time when he arrived. I could see why they wouldn't though considering he was only there for 3.5 seasons and burned bridges.

Him getting his jersey put up in Orlando or Miami shouldn't devalue his status in Staples, that's petty stuff.

If Shaq stayed longer in Orlando I'd say with more certainty there, some fans are still upset if he left but they have NO current retired jerseys... so this might be their chance to put something up there.

The Heat could as well, brought them the first title despite only being there a short time.

Him getting his jersey put up in Orlando or Miami shouldn't devalue his status in Staples, that's petty stuff.

If Shaq stayed longer in Orlando I'd say with more certainty there, some fans are still upset if he left but they have NO current retired jerseys... so this might be their chance to put something up there.

The Heat could as well, brought them the first title despite only being there a short time.

Originally Posted by PMatic

True but he should do to the fact that he helped bring the organization their first championship.

Originally Posted by PMatic

True but he should do to the fact that he helped bring the organization their first championship.

Well the Heat retired Jordan's number and he did jack %++* for them. So with that logic, yes.

Well the Heat retired Jordan's number and he did jack %++* for them. So with that logic, yes.

surprised orlando didnt retire penny's. to answer the q, orl and miami should both retire his jersey.

surprised orlando didnt retire penny's. to answer the q, orl and miami should both retire his jersey.

Best player in the history of the Orlando Magic. They should retire his number.

The Miami Heat have numbers retired for Michael Jordan and Dan Marino. They should also retire Shaqs number.

Back
Top Bottom