Other than Lakers, should any other team retire Shaq's jersey?

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

wait why the hell is Jordan retired in Miami? I had no idea
what was the reasoning?

Pat Riley wanted to honor Jordan's career by hanging his jersey for a team he never played for 
laugh.gif

They even have Dan Marino's number retired, but Mike Miller wears the #13, so what the hell 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what was the reasoning?

Pat Riley wanted to honor Jordan's career by hanging his jersey for a team he never played for 
laugh.gif

They even have Dan Marino's number retired, but Mike Miller wears the #13, so what the hell 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Miami, maybe. But even then, I don't see anyone wearing #32 in Orlando anyway. It just wouldn't look right.

same thing with #1. even with McGrady, didnt look right.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Miami, maybe. But even then, I don't see anyone wearing #32 in Orlando anyway. It just wouldn't look right.

same thing with #1. even with McGrady, didnt look right.

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

Orlando will not retire his number for leaving that franchise the way he did.  I think the only jersey that will get retired at some point will be Dwight Howard's.  
He left Orlando a free-agent, it wasn't like he demanded to be traded. Dwight is most likely going to leave the same way so it would be hypocritical to retire Dwight's number, but not Shaq's.

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

Orlando will not retire his number for leaving that franchise the way he did.  I think the only jersey that will get retired at some point will be Dwight Howard's.  
He left Orlando a free-agent, it wasn't like he demanded to be traded. Dwight is most likely going to leave the same way so it would be hypocritical to retire Dwight's number, but not Shaq's.

what was the reasoning?

On April 12, 2003, the Miami Heat retired his jersey, hanging it from the arena's rafters. As the Heat unveiled the half-Chicago Bulls, half-Wizards jersey, Riley said no Heat player will wear the number again. 

"In honor of your greatness and for all you've done for the game of basketball - and not just the NBA, but for all the fans around the world - we want to honor you tonight and hang your jersey, No. 23, from the rafters," Riley said at midcourt. "No one will ever wear No. 23 for the Miami Heat. You're the best." 

His jersey was the first the Heat has retired in their history.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/6310850[/url]

what was the reasoning?

On April 12, 2003, the Miami Heat retired his jersey, hanging it from the arena's rafters. As the Heat unveiled the half-Chicago Bulls, half-Wizards jersey, Riley said no Heat player will wear the number again. 

"In honor of your greatness and for all you've done for the game of basketball - and not just the NBA, but for all the fans around the world - we want to honor you tonight and hang your jersey, No. 23, from the rafters," Riley said at midcourt. "No one will ever wear No. 23 for the Miami Heat. You're the best." 

His jersey was the first the Heat has retired in their history.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/6310850[/url]

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Considering the age of the franchise, Orlando definitely should. He is still the best player in franchise history.
yeah I actually agree

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Considering the age of the franchise, Orlando definitely should. He is still the best player in franchise history.
yeah I actually agree

I bet Miami will
laugh.gif
They retired MJ's jersey just cuz.

I bet Miami will
laugh.gif
They retired MJ's jersey just cuz.

Pat Williams, the senior VP of the Magic just said don't expect Shaq's jersey to be retired anytime soon in an interview. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Pat Williams, the senior VP of the Magic just said don't expect Shaq's jersey to be retired anytime soon in an interview. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Miami retired Jordan's number, you honestly think they won't retire Shaq's? Does anyone not remember when Shaq first came to Miami? How he promised to bring a championship to South Beach and he was already 32 years old. He's def getting his number retired, come on now, he did more for the Heat than Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Mourning did in his short tenure but those bums have there name up there.

Miami retired Jordan's number, you honestly think they won't retire Shaq's? Does anyone not remember when Shaq first came to Miami? How he promised to bring a championship to South Beach and he was already 32 years old. He's def getting his number retired, come on now, he did more for the Heat than Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Mourning did in his short tenure but those bums have there name up there.

Shaq promised to bring them a championship and did. Without Shaq they would have never won a chip... Not only that but he came to the Heat when they needed someone like him most. He complimented Wade perfectly....

Shaq promised to bring them a championship and did. Without Shaq they would have never won a chip... Not only that but he came to the Heat when they needed someone like him most. He complimented Wade perfectly....

Orlando - 4 seasons - 1 Finals
Lakers - 8 seasons - 4 Finals, 3 championships (3 finals MVPs)
Miami - 3.5 seasons - 1 championship
Not sure why it shouldn't be done in all 3 places. JERSEY retired was the question. Not NUMBER.

Orlando - 4 seasons - 1 Finals
Lakers - 8 seasons - 4 Finals, 3 championships (3 finals MVPs)
Miami - 3.5 seasons - 1 championship
Not sure why it shouldn't be done in all 3 places. JERSEY retired was the question. Not NUMBER.

laugh.gif
miami retired jordan's number, why wouldn't they do shaq who actually suited up for them.

Back
Top Bottom