Other than Lakers, should any other team retire Shaq's jersey?

Best player in the history of the Orlando Magic. They should retire his number.

The Miami Heat have numbers retired for Michael Jordan and Dan Marino. They should also retire Shaqs number.

Originally Posted by DMan14

surprised orlando didnt retire penny's. to answer the q, orl and miami should both retire his jersey.

Maybe they will have ceremonies for both he and Shaq?  
But to answer the question, Orlando and L.A. are locks to retire his jersey.  If Miami retired MJ's number, they will retire Shaq's for sure. 

Originally Posted by DMan14

surprised orlando didnt retire penny's. to answer the q, orl and miami should both retire his jersey.

Maybe they will have ceremonies for both he and Shaq?  
But to answer the question, Orlando and L.A. are locks to retire his jersey.  If Miami retired MJ's number, they will retire Shaq's for sure. 

Orlando will not retire his number for leaving that franchise the way he did.  I think the only jersey that will get retired at some point will be Dwight Howard's.  

Orlando will not retire his number for leaving that franchise the way he did.  I think the only jersey that will get retired at some point will be Dwight Howard's.  

Originally Posted by dland24

The Miami Heat have numbers retired for Michael Jordan and Dan Marino. They should also reire Shaqs number.
so how is mike miller still rockin 13?

Originally Posted by dland24

The Miami Heat have numbers retired for Michael Jordan and Dan Marino. They should also reire Shaqs number.
so how is mike miller still rockin 13?

Originally Posted by got shoes

LA, that is all...but Riley might retire him
Yeah, considering that Pat Riley likes to retire the #s of players who never even had anything to do with the heat, I'm sure Shaq will get it.

Originally Posted by got shoes

LA, that is all...but Riley might retire him
Yeah, considering that Pat Riley likes to retire the #s of players who never even had anything to do with the heat, I'm sure Shaq will get it.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by PMatic

Miami considering he helped elevate the team into contenders for a short time when he arrived. I could see why they wouldn't though considering he was only there for 3.5 seasons and burned bridges.

True but he should do to the fact that he helped bring the organization their first championship.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by PMatic

Miami considering he helped elevate the team into contenders for a short time when he arrived. I could see why they wouldn't though considering he was only there for 3.5 seasons and burned bridges.

True but he should do to the fact that he helped bring the organization their first championship.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Considering the age of the franchise, Orlando definitely should. He is still the best player in franchise history.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Considering the age of the franchise, Orlando definitely should. He is still the best player in franchise history.

shaq isn't getting retired in orlando. Bron isn't getting retired in CLE

that's just the way it is

shaq isn't getting retired in orlando. Bron isn't getting retired in CLE

that's just the way it is

Originally Posted by AG 47

Well the Heat retired Jordan's number and he did jack %++* for them. So with that logic, yes.
QFT
laugh.gif

if jordan is up in the Miami rafters, than for 3+ seasons, good numbers, and their 1st ring, throw Shaq up there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Well the Heat retired Jordan's number and he did jack %++* for them. So with that logic, yes.
QFT
laugh.gif

if jordan is up in the Miami rafters, than for 3+ seasons, good numbers, and their 1st ring, throw Shaq up there
laugh.gif

wait why the hell is Jordan retired in Miami? I had no idea
what was the reasoning?

wait why the hell is Jordan retired in Miami? I had no idea
what was the reasoning?

Miami, maybe. But even then, I don't see anyone wearing #32 in Orlando anyway. It just wouldn't look right.

Miami, maybe. But even then, I don't see anyone wearing #32 in Orlando anyway. It just wouldn't look right.

Back
Top Bottom