Our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ: The Teenage Years

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

The words/passages in the bible were carefully chosen. How doesn't this bother people?smiley: nerd
and thus not making it the Word of God?

And CRC, yes I would possibly feel more likely to believe if the story were more complete. Ignoring the &#*$ton of holes already present in Christianity and my inherent problem with it as a black dude, stemming obviously from the way it was forced/sold upon "us," but that's a huge omittance. He's the main character, of the book and the religion! It's not like I'm asking for more information on somebody insignificant to the story and belief system.

I see where the disbelief from personal experience comes from.  Actually, Jesus and Paul spoke a lot about slavery a lot since it was a common practice that most people in the Mediterranean region could relate to during that period.  If you want a "Readers Digest" look into it, read John & Romans as the cliff notes.  They should give you a pretty good idea of the basics.  You should also realize that Jesus did a lot of traveling and considering that Israel is almost the size of California would take a significant portion of his 3 year ministry traveling by foot.  He also sent the disciples off in pairs to without him many times so they may not have had complete information as to his whereabouts and dealings during those periods as well.

I meant slavery from the aspect of taking the God of the same people who are enslaving you and committing such atrocities against you. I just can't understand it one bit. I'm not so pro black as to be upset like about the name thing but there's a built in irony in taking the God of the same people who are oppressing you, while it is happening. Like how can you worship him? He is letting this happen to you. He has no favor for you, in fact he is favoring your oppressors.

I thought this was for a tv series
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DevilinaNewDress

The words/passages in the bible were carefully chosen. How doesn't this bother people?
nerd.gif

This question I asked in my class....the answer: "One can still find and read these omitted books. Just because they are omitted doesn't mean they are hidden." 
my face at this response-------
tired.gif

Actually did go and read the "missing books of the bible"....some gave me more questions than answers. Talked to my Old Testament professor (another class one is FORCED ti take) about and he tried to instruct me to learn Hebrew because one can get the full CONTEXT off what the writers were saying 
sick.gif

Taking Christian Theology and Tradition this summer (the last of the Christianity classes I have to take to get my degree from this college) hoping to raise alot more questions to this professor.

Think I'm just a lil salty about having to take 9 hours of Christianity in order to finish my BioChem degree....

laugh.gif
you keep saying "forced to take this" "have to take that"... did anyone put a gun to your head and force you to enroll in this particular school? just curious..

Enoch 5:7
But to the ELECT there shall be light, joy, and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. To you, wicked ones, on the contrary, there will be a curse.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by DevilinaNewDress

AntonLaVey wrote:
The words/passages in the bible were carefully chosen. How doesn't this bother people?
nerd.gif

This question I asked in my class....the answer: "One can still find and read these omitted books. Just because they are omitted doesn't mean they are hidden." 
my face at this response-------
tired.gif

Actually did go and read the "missing books of the bible"....some gave me more questions than answers. Talked to my Old Testament professor (another class one is FORCED ti take) about and he tried to instruct me to learn Hebrew because one can get the full CONTEXT off what the writers were saying 
sick.gif

Taking Christian Theology and Tradition this summer (the last of the Christianity classes I have to take to get my degree from this college) hoping to raise alot more questions to this professor.

Think I'm just a lil salty about having to take 9 hours of Christianity in order to finish my BioChem degree....
laugh.gif
you keep saying "forced to take this" "have to take that"... did anyone put a gun to your head and force you to enroll in this particular school? just curious..

roll.gif
There was no gun...lol. But for my particular field of study this is one of the higher ranking schools. Due to it being a private school they can tweek their curriculum. If it helps any, I'm trying to find other schools to transfer to. Their are some guidelines at that school that are a little extreme. So to answer your question there was no gun, but with my grades and the scholarships they gave me it seemed like a good choice. I actually went in thinking I could choose my own Christianity electives (like the World Religions courses) they. Little did I know certain classes were mandatory.....I should have researched more
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom