Out of work rappers vol. back to da block

phen0m

Banned
Serious questions though.. What do out of work rappers do to make ends meet? These are usually dudes with "street cred", and pride and all of that, so I cant see them linking up with Macys to sell clothese and housewares.

How do these guys survive after the rap dollars dry up, or in some case.. never flow to begin with? Murda Mooks, Serius Jones, Black Robs?

Thoughts?

I wonder the same thing. I think hole in the wall club/bar appearances and shows is how they keep their lights on.

I was just talking about this with my unc.

I wonder the same thing. I think hole in the wall club/bar appearances and shows is how they keep their lights on.

Thats gotta be depressing though.

Then on top of that you got to perform the same songs over & over cuz nobody wants to hear your new struggle music.

Last edited:
no joke.............................I wonder about this ALL the time

l have no freaking clue...........

like my guy hell rell..........

hell lets see how many we can name.....

If they really have the street cred they claim wouldn't they already have other sources of income (drugs) to rely on?

They prolly back to moving pies and selling weight ( selling baked goods n working at burger joints)

NBA Hall of Famer Adrian Dantley became a crossing guard just so he could have health benefits!
Read somewhere he wasn't really struggling for money,he was just doing it for the benefits. also read he was incredibly frugal with his money during his playing days so i believe he still has most of that money.

heard Masta Ace from Wu drives a cab
:lol:

Masta Ace was in the Juice Crew not the Wu Tang and he coaches football at a high school. Capadonna from Wu Tang was driving a cab, not sure if he still does.

As for washed up rappers, some tour on that one hit, some get regular jobs and others get arrested, shot or killed for trying to be about that life.

*see Crunchy Black formerly of Three 6 Mafia

View media item 409549

Last edited:
I see Allen Iverson all the time around the city and every time i do i just
mean.gif
, like at one point this dude was on top of the world, wth happened
alcohol.  

some were about dat before they had a hit record and go back, some buy studios and rent out time, the few i know open bars, restaurants, barbershops, tax offices, and car washes. more than likley most athletes that were marginal as pros usually get on with a coaching staff or local analyst .

Back
Top Bottom