Out of work rappers vol. back to da block

If these artists were smart they would learn how to do stuff on the production side of the music industry.

They spend all that time in the studio might as well try to learn so you can increase your longevity in the industry.

Personally, I think if you're just a rapper and that's all you do, it's necessary to keep a steady job. Until you are really hot and are smart enough to parlay it into acting or any other entertainment avenue. Especially now, ain't no money in JUST rapping, you have to have other personal revenue streams. It's so weird to see Shyheim and see 35 next to his name. He's older than me but not by much. Damn I remember when he was a kid 
laugh.gif
Hard to be rapping about popping bottles and smashing models when people see you working at Kinkos...
Word lol thats why its weird

I believe Phife lives in or around the Antioch, CA area. (most likely Brentwood, CA)

My boys girl works at the Champs and he told me he came in there a couple times after the documentary release.

She said he was looking healthy.
Really? What a surprise. 
laugh.gif
q-tip lives in a brownstone in alphabet city, i walked by going to work and saw him coming outta da apt building looking like he was going to da gym.

q-tip was spinning at a block party in the heights last weekend. he had an ill set

Q-Tip Djs for a fact and is a dope producer. Didn't really know of his ear for music and range until I saw the doc. One of my fav ever

Went and saw Pete Rock and DJ Premier beat battle in East River Park last week. It was dope they brought out a bunch of golden age and older rappers. Camp Lo, M.O.P, Kool Herc, Brand Nubian and some more I cant remember...

M.O.P. did 'Ante Up' and Camp Lo did 'This is It'

My night was made.

Last edited:
Show money ain't like how yall think it is for the most part with 360 contracts the labels get a cut out of show money. 10 years ago they weren't. If your going on tour you have a nice overhead. A tour bus is going to either cost you 700k to over a mil (if its paid cash or if you put at least 150k down) if you rent a tour bus for half a year its going to cost several hundred thousand, not to mention the big bill you'll receive when they add up all the damage your homeboys and groupies did. Who pays for this tour bus? if the label did that money gets recouped, the label may pay 700k for it but you might end up paying the label 1.2 mil when its all said and done. Or that drug dealer who's been funding all your local **** (mixtapes, vans for you to tour neighboring states, clothes, cars, jewelry, condos, etc...) he can pay for it, your more comfortable with him, but now your in an even bigger hole, but never mind him, once you blow up you'll be connected to these Jewish bigwigs who can get him off of you.

For touring, you have a tour manager, accountants, an over sized entourage, security (they all have it, these rappers talking about no bodyguards are lying, once there's an incident and you don't have proper security there will be lawsuits out the ***, you have dj's to pay, you have hotels on tour, your room might be paid for by the label but they ain't paying for all them cats u got with u. Your catching 10k added on to your room bill left and right, why? because them clumsy dudes keep breaking ****. On tour you have drugs, you have alcohol, food, the artist likes to provide for the crew, if you got 15 dudes and bus driver you might end up spending close to $200 at mcdonalds. Shopping, Clubbing, groupies, and the 2 worst parts, lawsuits and payoffs, these rappers pay gang members for protection when they're doing these club shows unless you're talking about rappers that do the big venues like arenas and stadiums.

The money is great in big venues that the Jay Z's, Dr. Dre's, lil wayne, Eminem, do but the little club venues are too much drama. The money is still decent but health wise its draining and artist talking about 60k a show doing a club that has a capacity of 800 before the fire marshall shuts it down are lying, you do the math, it doesn't add up. Music game sucks to make money right now unless you're that hot artist with the buzz or your 1 of the big names. Most rappers have to do these small shows 10 months outa the year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom