Out of work rappers vol. back to da block

If ur rapping & holdin down a job, there is nothing to be ashamed of. "Delorean" is on MTV Jams at this exact moment, and he lays tile by day.
Managing money is very important in ANY career... I see Steve Francis in the clubs REGULARLY, and he looks like a crackhead Rafer Alston. Dude is always arguing about his bill, and its easy to tell he is hurting in ALL walks of life

Wyclef is loaded ain't he?

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-rappers/wyclef-jean-net-worth/

And Capodonna was a taxi driver back in 03.........is he still doing it?

Cappadonna addressed the cab thing on Juan Epstein not too long ago.

He was hacking with his own Range Rover/Cadillac truck. Independent cabby in Baltimore. I remember someone putting his number out on hiphopsite/UGHH/hiphopinfinity. One of those music boards WAY back.

He didn't mention if he was still doing it though.

Last edited:
Just cause he fell out the mainstream public limelight since 08 or so. Oh well, he's still made some good stuff during that time

There's still plenty avenues to make money in the rap game when you're not on, signed to a label or even hot.

Aint nothing wrong with a day job, aint much to wonder about, end of the day they just like you and me. Look at the Cappa thing, being a cabbie is probably one of the better jobs for a rapper getting by. How many cabbie's have you seen and can still remember their faces? Aint no rappers recognizable from the back of their heads :lol:

There's still plenty avenues to make money in the rap game when you're not on, signed to a label or even hot.

Aint nothing wrong with a day job, aint much to wonder about, end of the day they just like you and me. Look at the Cappa thing, being a cabbie is probably one of the better jobs for a rapper getting by. How many cabbie's have you seen and can still remember their faces? Aint no rappers recognizable from the back of their heads
laugh.gif
but as stupid and ill informed as fans are...it seem as it could be dangerous...ala someone thinks because u a rapper u still got money and try to play stick up kid on u.

Personally, I think if you're just a rapper and that's all you do, it's necessary to keep a steady job. Until you are really hot and are smart enough to parlay it into acting or any other entertainment avenue. Especially now, ain't no money in JUST rapping, you have to have other personal revenue streams. It's so weird to see Shyheim and see 35 next to his name. He's older than me but not by much. Damn I remember when he was a kid 
laugh.gif

Personally, I think if you're just a rapper and that's all you do, it's necessary to keep a steady job. Until you are really hot and are smart enough to parlay it into acting or any other entertainment avenue. Especially now, ain't no money in JUST rapping, you have to have other personal revenue streams. It's so weird to see Shyheim and see 35 next to his name. He's older than me but not by much. Damn I remember when he was a kid 
laugh.gif

Hard to be rapping about popping bottles and smashing models when people see you working at Kinkos...

laugh.gif
Hard to be rapping about popping bottles and smashing models when people see you working at Kinkos...
If you're smart, you know rappers lie all the time. I mean people accept it now. If Rick Ross rapped in the 90's, he'd be banned for life 
laugh.gif

I believe Phife lives in or around the Antioch, CA area. (most likely Brentwood, CA)

My boys girl works at the Champs and he told me he came in there a couple times after the documentary release.

She said he was looking healthy.
Really? What a surprise. 
laugh.gif

Most rappers are for life event ho they are not ballin. Most rappers take jobs to stay out of trouble and because they get bored.

All rappers have jobs. Some do beats behind the scenes. Some ghost write, some head labels etc. I never seen a rapper do a normal 9-5 low paying job, and it probably will not happen.

Most rappers have access to money. They can do 5 shows a year for 10k a show and that is 50k right there. They also get income from the cd sales maybe another10-20k a year. They can do private bday shows all kind of things. Then you got reunion tours, tv deals, all kind of ventures.

Most rappers arent broke they just dont have major money and live a moderate lifestyle like they are suppose to be doiong then you all think they are broke because they arent out ballin throwing out $100 bills and driving lambos but as soon as they do this you guys say they are dumb and wasting money

Most rappers have more money then most people on this forum

Like young buck, young buck was doing 2 shows a week or so at around 7-8k a show so he was easily getting over 150k a month even tho most of you think he broke. In nashville he was doing shows in the club every weekend at different spots

Last edited:
Most rappers are for life event ho they are not ballin. Most rappers take jobs to stay out of trouble and because they get bored.

All rappers have jobs. Some do beats behind the scenes. Some ghost write, some head labels etc. I never seen a rapper do a normal 9-5 low paying job, and it probably will not happen.

Most rappers have access to money. They can do 5 shows a year for 10k a show and that is 50k right there. They also get income from the cd sales maybe another10-20k a year. They can do private bday shows all kind of things. Then you got reunion tours, tv deals, all kind of ventures.

Most rappers arent broke they just dont have major money and live a moderate lifestyle like they are suppose to be doiong then you all think they are broke because they arent out ballin throwing out $100 bills and driving lambos but as soon as they do this you guys say they are dumb and wasting money

Most rappers have more money then most people on this forum

Like young buck, young buck was doing 2 shows a week or so at around 7-8k a show so he was easily getting over 150k a month even tho most of you think he broke. In nashville he was doing shows in the club every weekend at different spots

In 2010, Buck was forced into Chapter 16 bankruptcy after an IRS raid on his Tennessee home. Soon he was auctioning off his possessions in one of the most dramatic public shamings in hip-hop history (made even more by Buck's claims that he bought back much of what was auctioned).

He fell from grace too.

It's funny, cats hate on rappers that take that crossover dollar. That's the smartest thing to do, if you get offered that, you better take it.
Pitbull had Born n Raised, he got that cross over buck quick. Nelly jumped on that Garth Brooks track and now he's got a new album coming, honey nut cheerios deal, and real husbands of hollywood.

Literally one of my favorite albums and rap duos is Group Home. If they did a concert and only did their whole original album in its entirety, I'd buy a ticket in a heartbeat. Also INI was dope to with Pete Rock on the tracks. Wonder what those guys are doing.

Back
Top Bottom