Part-Time Job @ Finish Line?

Is it possible to get a part time job at Finish Line(or any other sneaker store) where you only work a few shifts a month? I know someone who only worked 2-3 shifts a month at a local FNL to keep his employee discount, but I wasn't sure if his was a one off situation or if Finish Lines typically had a bunch of employees they kept to work a few shifts a month. I have a 9-5 job and I'm not tryna work an additional 20 hours a week at FNL, just wanted to get the employee discount.

yeah man anything is possible bro' keep checking back with the company and I'm sure they'll hire you. I personally don't work there but Finish Line must be a cool job, right?

yeah man anything is possible bro' keep checking back with the company and I'm sure they'll hire you. I personally don't work there but Finish Line must be a cool job, right?
albundy_medium.png

honestly what retail company hires someone to work 3 shifts a month?

I work one shift a month at my retail job to free myself up for school and internship and keep that discount :pimp:

Granted, I've been there for 3 years but still. Totally possible after you've established some seniority

Last edited:
Yeah I think you have to be a legit part-timeer then probably ask for a reduced schedule...don't think they just hire for 1or 2 shifts a month.

Could be wrong though

OP how old are you? What's your education level?

Why are you striving to work at finish line, fam? **** that, B. That's a petty part time job. What you gonna make? Like $9 an hour or something?

Get an INTERNSHIP in a field that you're interested in...something that can make you money in the future. It can be either paid or unpaid. But trust me when I tell you that you'll reap the benefits in the future. Don't settle and kiss feet for a petty little $9 an hour at some retail spot when you can be building up your resume RIGHT NOW to make you BIG BANK in a couple years, B.

The cats in high school that was thirsting to work at sneaker spots for a little $7 an hour and an employee discount are still in that same position right now. They eating Chinese food every day, B. They only stunt on Instagram. Now the real ******, the cats who were doing **** to boost they resume, those is the cats that's making real big man money right now, driving in new cars, eating real gourmet today. And in a couple years, sneakers don't even matter reason being you gonna be wearing dress shoes 3/4 of ya time. Grow up, fam. Make big man decisions

Last edited:
^agree. theres programs that help kids with 0 experience get good job exp
but then again, if he is young, getting some sales experience and interacting with ppl is good as well. i think a majority of kids worked your typical retail job before

i thinkl i been to one finishline my whole life. dude sprayed one of those sneaker cleaners on one of my shoe and started polishing and wanted me to buy the bottle. i didnt eem care for it, but i left the store with one clean shoe on my left foot.

Last edited:
yeah I get with time or being cool with someone but you can't go for a part time job and tell them you wanna work 3 shifts a month and you also have a 9-5 which will get in the way :lol:

yeah I get with time or being cool with someone but you can't go for a part time job and tell them you wanna work 3 shifts a month and you also have a 9-5 which will get in the way :lol:

Yeah I agree that this is a foolish thread :lol: just saying if OP really bout that life he can put in 3 years of slavery and ask his boss for that hookup :lol:

Last edited:
OP how old are you? What's your education level?

Why are you striving to work at finish line, fam? **** that, B. That's a petty part time job. What you gonna make? Like $9 an hour or something?

Get an INTERNSHIP in a field that you're interested in...something that can make you money in the future. It can be either paid or unpaid. But trust me when I tell you that you'll reap the benefits in the future. Don't settle and kiss feet for a petty little $9 an hour at some retail spot when you can be building up your resume RIGHT NOW to make you BIG BANK in a couple years, B.

The cats in high school that was thirsting to work at sneaker spots for a little $7 an hour and an employee discount are still in that same position right now. They eating Chinese food every day, B. They only stunt on Instagram. Now the real ******, the cats who were doing **** to boost they resume, those is the cats that's making real big man money right now, driving in new cars, eating real gourmet today. And in a couple years, sneakers don't even matter reason being you gonna be wearing dress shoes 3/4 of ya time. Grow up, fam. Make big man decisions
I finished undergrad last year with a triple major in Supply Chain Management, Finance, and Economics. I work full-time at a Fortune 100 company as a project manager. Just looking to see if it was possible to get a sneaker store job with a couple shifts per month so I can get the employee discount.

I finished undergrad last year with a triple major in Supply Chain Management, Finance, and Economics. I work full-time at a Fortune 100 company as a project manager. Just looking to see if it was possible to get a sneaker store job with a couple shifts per month so I can get the employee discount.
laugh.gif
son just buy your sneakers

Last edited:
You can afford the resale prices lol
Lol nah if I can't get at retail than I don't cop at all. But I'm trying to get a sneaker store job more so to get discounts on GRs than get access to limited J's.

Last edited:

Lol nah if I can't get at retail than I don't cop at all. But I'm trying to get a sneaker store job more so to get discounts on GRs than get access to limited J's.
It's not happening bro. No manager is going to hire you so you can work 3 times a month

Why would they hire you over the high school kid who is literally free seven days a week and doesn't have a completed education nor another full time job?
sick.gif

Last edited:

It's not happening bro. No manager is going to hire you so you can work 3 times a month

Why would they hire you over the high school kid who is literally free seven days a week and doesn't have a completed education nor another full time job?
sick.gif

n willing to skip school to do inventory 
laugh.gif

ppl  come to  store make  lace up shoes,  size the stinnky kids  feet , n ask so many questions that m-f will be spent buying shoes off kicks crew after u quit 

Why ya'll hating on him?

I got my dream job working at FootLocker in the stock room.

Follow you're heart b.

It's possible to get a part time job. The people who do part times at my store work more often though...

Back
Top Bottom