Pastor Jermaine Simmons apologizes to his church after getting caught sleeping with a church members

This is why i dont even go to church. Some of the same people preaching to you, and giving you the word... Are some of the most foul people on earth!
Some of the most awful people I know and have encountered are church regulars.  Both male and female, young and old.

This is why i dont even go to church. Some of the same people preaching to you, and giving you the word... Are some of the most foul people on earth!
I know quite a few "saved" folk who are true snakes in the grass. As the saying goes...."some of the biggest devils are all up in the church"

Finessed em :smh:

In the white community, police officers can do no wrong even if they do and in the black community, it's pastors/leaders of churches.

Take this rep,

Don't sleep on white folks and they devotion to God and pastor though :lol: y'all seem to forget the Christian news network is a billion dollar company and all the scandals from the 80s and early 90s from the white mag churches.

White folks have a way of making black peoples think we the only ones to do bad **** :smh:

In the white community, police officers can do no wrong even if they do and in the black community, it's pastors/leaders of churches.

1408.gif

Pretty much my reaction, and it's a damn shame there's a lot of truth to it

On their daughter's bed though? :x

So ******* cold blooded.

How does the husband not put hands on dude?

Pics of this chick? :nerd:

People will use anything as a hustle for money and yambs.
Destroying souls and confusing people in the process :smh: :smh:
Maximum security hell awaits.

Idk I haven't been to church on a consistent basis since a kid but from the outside looking now..IMO church is different than what it used to be growing up..Same with people in general it just seemed like people were more mature back in the day

Last edited:
I'm glad I realized at an early age that churches ain't bout s_

How can you cheer for that?

Take this rep,

Don't sleep on white folks and they devotion to God and pastor though :lol: y'all seem to forget the Christian news network is a billion dollar company and all the scandals from the 80s and early 90s from the white mag churches.

White folks have a way of making black peoples think we the only ones to do bad **** :smh:

Word up. I'm def not sleepin because the Catholic church is a doozy.

Statistics show that from generation to generation black male attendance in the church is on a decline. Maybe you can attribute it to distrust amongst our fellow men in the church. The motives and hidden agendas behind the gospel leave a lot people to question the overall constructs of the modern black church.

Woman and their desire to find or build a family entirely on the strength of Christian values is pretty much what keeps the black church afloat. You step to a sista nowadays you have to go through Jesus first. Nothing wrong with that but unfortunately most of it is derived from blind submission which is ever so evident in the video.

I thought dude was getting a Congressional Medal of Honor Award or something with that standing O. But hey... if his finesse game is on point like that I can't even be mad at him.

Statistics show that from generation to generation black male attendance in the church is on a decline. 

i would like to know the statistics for everyone cause i feel like people period just aren't going to church like they used to

Last edited:
i would like to know the statistics for everyone cause i feel like people period just aren't going to church like they used to

I used this Pew Research article, among some other references, for a report I had to do on this topic for a theology course about 5 years ago. It doesn't speak much in regards to other races but it does show other denominations and total population by comparison. As with anything take it with a grain of salt but I found it difficult to argue these figures and as you mentioned, the current climate of people's worldviews somewhat reflect this... even in our personal dealings with the average person.

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/01/30/a-religious-portrait-of-african-americans/

Last edited:
The folks who can forgive a little adultery make way more sense to me than those who follow that 'prosperity gospel' ****. That's a whole nother level of delusion!

Last edited:
Random question:

I'm a Muslim from the Caribbean of Indian/Chinese descent. My ancestors were brought there as slaves/indentured servants but at a much later time period and subject to much less oppression than Caribbean blacks. Most non black Caribbean people still have some ties to wherever they came from via names, religions, ethnic foods, etc. Since I was a child I always wondered how the black people around me (those in Guyana and then later on America) could go to church when they knew that black people were forceibly converted using the worst of techniques to Christianity.

See this:
http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/04...took-to-convert-black-people-to-christianity/

I just don't get how you can get salvation from the religion of the people who stole everything from you and told you the only way to save yourself was to accept what they believe. Is this something ever addressed at black churches?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom