Pastor Jermaine Simmons apologizes to his church after getting caught sleeping with a church members

Random question:

I'm a Muslim from the Caribbean of Indian/Chinese descent. My ancestors were brought there as slaves/indentured servants but at a much later time period and subject to much less oppression than Caribbean blacks. Most non black Caribbean people still have some ties to wherever they came from via names, religions, ethnic foods, etc. Since I was a child I always wondered how the black people around me (those in Guyana and then later on America) could go to church when they knew that black people were forceibly converted using the worst of techniques to Christianity.

See this:
http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/04...took-to-convert-black-people-to-christianity/

I just don't get how you can get salvation from the religion of the people who stole everything from you and told you the only way to save yourself was to accept what they believe. Is this something ever addressed at black churches?
I was raised black and Catholic. it is NEVER addressed in churches, households, or anywhere else outside the most intimate forums.

no one will be able to give you a satisfactory answer to this question other than "everybody says you sposta." 

sorry bruddah.

Last edited:
Random question:

I'm a Muslim from the Caribbean of Indian/Chinese descent. My ancestors were brought there as slaves/indentured servants but at a much later time period and subject to much less oppression than Caribbean blacks. Most non black Caribbean people still have some ties to wherever they came from via names, religions, ethnic foods, etc. Since I was a child I always wondered how the black people around me (those in Guyana and then later on America) could go to church when they knew that black people were forceibly converted using the worst of techniques to Christianity.

See this:
http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/04...took-to-convert-black-people-to-christianity/

I just don't get how you can get salvation from the religion of the people who stole everything from you and told you the only way to save yourself was to accept what they believe. Is this something ever addressed at black churches?

Good point. The short answer is, black churches have never questioned this part of Christianity. Most young children would probably believe that Christianity was always a part of our culture from Day 1.
And pretty much, you're shunned if you question any part of religion.

Random question:

See this:

I feel you. I was a christian until a couple of years ago until when I was forced to question everything. Now I don't believe in any religion.

Nope. Every single Black church I've been to still has the white Jesus and white angels. :smh:

Just watched the video:

He is not fit to lead and should step down. Those in his congregation are following man, not the word of God. Just by
the way they are hanging off of his every word with cheer and support. Yes we forgive but we are not called to coddle
the sinner, especially without any real fruit of repentance. His "apology" didnt sound sincere, it sounded like a regular
weak sermon where he seemingly tried to make himself the focus while throwing in unrelated tid bits about his brother
and other matters, while talking about sin in the general sense. He's got those folks hypnotized and a snake like that
aint gonna wanna give that up. The main issue I have with some churches is the preachers twist, distort, and pervert Gods
word til its a song that sounds good to the audience. And the preachers mix in their charisma and whatever seemingly
positive attributes they have and allow the congregants to fall in love and be mesmerized by them instead of God.
Comes to a point where they wont know, trust or understand what it says in the Bible unless it comes out of preachers mouth
(or he provide an "accurate" interpretation). :smh:

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. -Matt 7:15

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves
teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. -2Tim 4:3-4

Scandals like this common in church.
I grew up in church. Pastors married son banging lot of the young girls. He was the youth pastor and was having special prayer time with young girls.

One of the pastors wife got caught banging the teenage church guitar guy . they kicked guitar guy out of church [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].
That's why I don't mess with church anymore. Church People more messed up.

Last edited:
People will use anything as a hustle for money and yambs.
Destroying souls and confusing people in the process :smh: :smh:
Maximum security hell awaits.

:lol:

Random question:

See this:

Some of my people are so resistant to change or questioning their beliefs that it's almost embarrassing. My brother and I were raised Catholic and right after high school were "spiritual but not religious" which pissed my pops off. Now we're both thinking religion as we know it is Ducktales until proven wrong.

Good point. The short answer is, black churches have never questioned this part of Christianity. Most young children would probably believe that Christianity was always a part of our culture from Day 1.
And pretty much, you're shunned if you question any part of religion.

I was interested in the female a couple of months ago, but that Jesus talk and lack of a desire to know more about history turned me off.

Last edited:
I feel you. I was a christian until a couple of years ago until when I was forced to question everything. Now I don't believe in any religion.
I think I'm slowly starting to move towards this. I often sit back and feel like religion is the main reason, along with money, why my black brothers & sisters can't come together and do what's necessary to make us a dominant/respectable force in America. Just look at all these so called "woke" blacks on social media fighting over crazy stuff. They have a big following, but I don't see them doing anything to help lead our people to better lives.

Can honestly say I haven't stepped foot inside a church since I was a kid & will never step inside one again. What could a pastor possibly teach me about the bible that I can't teach myself? I don't even think most of the people that go to church care about learning stuff from the bible. Women go because they think they will find a good man. Men go because they know it will give them some play with the ladies. Older women go so they can show off their new clothes/hats. 

This particular pastor would have got his *** kicked if I caught him messing with my wife.

Here's another crazy story for everybody in the thread.

They really applauding and cheering this fool.

Not to mention giving him a standing ovation. 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

I refuse to look at the video, but just reading some of he responses in here is making me tight. I swear I cant stand that dumb **** with black people and the church. First off, I find it hard to stomach how faithful we as black people are to a GOD that was forced on us and wasn't ours to begin with. Secondly, if you are going to follow this religion please do it correctly. This man shouldn't be allowed to continue to preach. He should step down on his own knowing what he did, if not the congregation should request that he does. It's not like he came forward on his own and confessed his transgressions. You can't trust somebody that apologizes only because they got caught.

Time and time again I say this religion **** is a big ******* scam. This Christianity thing is disgraceful, everyone has an agenda. They pick and choose what they want to follow from the bible as long as it helps their bottom line and allows them to continue doing whatever it is they are doing. Then when they are called on it they say God knows my heart :smh:, you can't judge me. Making someone aware of their sinful lifestyle isn't a judgement. You can't claim to be christian yet your lifestyle speaks otherwise.

Also people seem to think one sin is worse than the other. You can't condemn homosexuality, yet you condone fornication. How many people in the church are living in sin. Got a whole damn family yet they aren't married? How many of these christians and pastors are speaking about that? Sin is sin, and there is too much hypocrisy in this thing. Disgusted that our people blindly follow this thing, at least hold the men responsible for your spiritual growth to a higher standard. Stop letting them run wild and take all your money just because they have a silver tongue and allow you to freestyle dance twice on Sundays.

I refuse to look at the video, but just reading some of he responses in here is making me tight. I swear I cant stand that dumb **** with black people and the church. First off, I find it hard to stomach how faithful we as black people are to a GOD that was forced on us and wasn't ours to begin with. Secondly, if you are going to follow this religion please do it correctly. This man shouldn't be allowed to continue to preach. He should step down on his own knowing what he did, if not the congregation should request that he does. It's not like he came forward on his own and confessed his transgressions. You can't trust somebody that apologizes only because they got caught.

Time and time again I say this religion **** is a big ******* scam. This Christianity thing is disgraceful, everyone has an agenda. They pick and choose what they want to follow from the bible as long as it helps their bottom line and allows them to continue doing whatever it is they are doing. Then when they are called on it they say God knows my heart :smh:, you can't judge me. Making someone aware of their sinful lifestyle isn't a judgement. You can't claim to be christian yet your lifestyle speaks otherwise.

Also people seem to think one sin is worse than the other. You can't condemn homosexuality, yet you condone fornication. How many people in the church are living in sin. Got a whole damn family yet they aren't married? How many of these christians and pastors are speaking about that? Sin is sin, and there is too much hypocrisy in this thing. Disgusted that our people blindly follow this thing, at least hold the men responsible for your spiritual growth to a higher standard. Stop letting them run wild and take all your money just because they have a silver tongue and allow you to freestyle dance twice on Sundays.

Preach...
no pun intended.

Scandals like this common in church.
I grew up in church. Pastors married son banging lot of the young girls. He was the youth pastor and was having special prayer time with young girls.

One of the pastors wife got caught banging the teenage church guitar guy . they kicked guitar guy out of church [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].
That's why I don't mess with church anymore. Church People more messed up.
Are you sur you were in church or not some sex cult ?

Couldn't watch too much, got disgusted by the applause and hootin and hollerin.

When I was a kid, we went to church every Sunday. Even as a youngin I could see through the BS. People paying tithes for building funds etc like the church can't go to the bank and get a loan. Man please. I haven't been back to church since and me and my family are doing just fine. I believe in god, not religion. I wish more people would wake up and realize these pastors are nothing more than motivational speakers that are basically selling you hope. No disrespect to the pastors who do things the right way, but me and my family won't be apart of the church life. Instead of giving money to the church I'd rather help somebody that's less fortunate.

I remember the last time I went with my family to church as an adult the pastor was telling the inspirational story of how he finally bought that Bentley he always wanted. Folks were applauding just the same while this is in a poor city, Norfolk with not much opportunity and none of the congregation sniffing a Bentley but gladly handing over tithes.

Couldn't watch too much, got disgusted by the applause and hootin and hollerin.

When I was a kid, we went to church every Sunday. Even as a youngin I could see through the BS. People paying tithes for building funds etc like the church can't go to the bank and get a loan. Man please. I haven't been back to church since and me and my family are doing just fine. I believe in god, not religion. I wish more people would wake up and realize these pastors are nothing more than motivational speakers that are basically selling you hope. No disrespect to the pastors who do things the right way, but me and my family won't be apart of the church life. Instead of giving money to the church I'd rather help somebody that's less fortunate.

LOL

Scroll to 12:08

Yo i went to a church one time and they passed around the collection plate. Counted the money and announced they didnt get enough money and proceeded to past it around again. I was done with church after that.

Back
Top Bottom