Pawn shops FTW!!!!!

I went to a few one day nothing worth commentating on. I think I need to go to a higher crime rate community to get some "steals".

Originally Posted by syxth element

Great deal and all, but what happens if that TV/PS3 fails on you?

No warranty FTL
you call the manufacturer and let them know
laugh.gif

They will charge you most likely but even if they do its still a steal
nerd.gif

I don't know anything about the PS3 but
add my PSN DAYTONA-5000

I looked inside and there was an NBA 2K8 just sitting there chilling and I ain't even pay for it
eek.gif

Working for Bestbuy > Pawn Shops

50" Samsung Plasma 720p for $479..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Also got my 40 gb PS3 through our auction site for $229

Originally Posted by CreekShow

Ya that's a real nice pick up. And I agree Pawn Shops are FTW only if you are buying though. I got a Pawn shop right across from my house and they got some nice deals in there every so often. I've never sold anything to them but pawn shops are like crooks for real. They give dead bottom line prices for your things then turn around and sell them for so much higher. I know its a business or whatever but damn. I had a house mate come up short on rent one month so he went to sell his DvD player and his TV. Damn shop only gave him 15 bucks total for both. I woulda just paid his way if I knew that in advance

You gotta realize that you can either pawn stuff.....or "sell" it. if you pawn it, they will charge you maybe $1.50 for every $10 they gave you toget your stuff back. the people dumb enough to give their stuff up for that cheap didnt want it back or never picked it up within the 30 days or so they giveyou.......most of the stuff is being sold now because they are broke and need the money.

yep, sellin to pawn stores is basically suicide.

Too bad there aint a single one within 30 miles of my dam house

How much can get for a flat screen computer monitor? The boxy ones that weighs like 50 pounds.

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

How much can get for a flat screen computer monitor? The boxy ones that weighs like 50 pounds.
They sell the flat screen monitors for $20-30 at that spot

pawn shop ethics...

[h1]DAVE RAMSEY: Ethics not jeopardized by pawn shop buying[/h1]
related_story.gif
More Business Columnists
Dear Dave: Do you see an ethical dilemma involved in buying things like repossessed cars, houses that have been through foreclosure, or even pawn shop items? While these kinds of purchases can be smart and thrifty, I worry sometimes that I'm taking advantage of those who are stuck in a bad financial cycle. - Ryan

Dear Ryan: You've raised an important question. You sound like a fair and caring person, and I appreciate that. However, I don't think there's any kind of ethical issue involved when you buy items where you have nothing to do with their sale, and no control over it. If your intention in any transaction is to harm or take advantage of someone, then what you're doing is wrong. For example, you shouldn't loan someone money at 40 percent in hopes that you can take their stuff because they can't pay. I never make a deal that's not a win-win situation.

I buy lots of things at the pawn shop. If someone pawns something, and later I can get a bargain, you bet I'll buy it. As far as a house is concerned, is it worse for the other person to sell the house to you, or to go through foreclosure? With the latter, they've already been foreclosed on, so you're buying it from the bank. You're not taking advantage of them by doing this.

If someone is in a bad situation, and buying their stuff will help keep things from getting worse, that's a blessing. In some cases you're assisting them in turning their lives around

i wouldn't worry about warranties and whatnot
i've purchased quite a few things from pawn shops (and second hand shops in general) over the years and i've had few problems

Back
Top Bottom