Pharrell New Album "Girl" coming Out March 3

Tryna figure out if that's a synth or some type of talkbox edited to say Girl on marilyn monroe.

The second half of Lost Queen 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is beautiful music right here.  Way more musical than Illmatic.  
laugh.gif

Will purchase a hard copy for the archives.  

Alright.....listened to the album.....and

FIRE. I was wrong. He delivered. Ya I was a hater 
roll.gif

Honestly surprised how good it is. Especially after how bad In My Mind was, this was a great sophomore effort. The second half of Lost Queen 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
This is going to be a classic album because of how good it makes you feel. It just makes you feel happy and good

Def didn't expect the second part to "Lost Queen" either. So dope. Its called "Freq" featuring Jojo laying down additional vocals.

I'm just finishing up my first listen, I enjoyed it 8)

Last edited:
This joint is already recycle bin status. I haven't enjoyed much if anything from Pharrell since '08 and the streak continues. I really wanted to enjoy this music but it just didn't connect. This is some bad disco with an even worse singer. I honestly think if this was attached to another artist this would be critically panned or even ignored but it'll probably go the opposite way due to his track record.

so in closing

Last edited:

Like I said earlier I am a Neptunes fan. Loved there stuff in the late 90's and into the early 2000's.

I've always hated Pharrell ever since the Neptunes won the Grammy award for Producer of the year, and during Pharrells acceptance speech, where Chad wasn't present, he didn't mention or thank Chad, 1/2 of the duo, and took all credit for BOTH of their brilliant work. Ever since then dude has been a fraud to me, and he got exposed at how horrible he is without Chad with In My Mind. Till this day people act like Chad doesnt exist and assume Pharrell composed all of those brilliant bridges and chorus in the late 90's (which he can't do cause he sucks at music theory and playing)  and Pharrell continues to take all the credit for their work. Don't even let me get started on how the Neptunes got started as a band, where Pharrell was just a vocalist and Chad handled the production......that's how Teddy Riley will tell you they were discovered. 
you just dropped knowledge. as an aspiring music producer i know everything u said is 100% true, HOWEVER, thats the business. the deeper you dive, the more you find out a large percentage if not MOST of the greats did some variation of this. i agree chad hugo is the MAN behind the man. but since we dont really have chad's side of the story we can only speculate. chad may very well be happy being behind the scenes letting pharrell be the face and take the shine. itd make sense if u consider chad's obvious love for music itself and not the industry that he just wants to create, not the glamor that comes with it. at least, thats what it seems to me.

theres plenty of examples of this. timbo and danja (before danja ventured out), polow and his zone 4 label, right now mike will and the eardrummers... etc etc

Last edited:

you just dropped knowledge. as an aspiring music producer i know everything u said is 100% true, HOWEVER, thats the business. the deep you dive, the more you find out a large percentage if not MOST of the greats did some variation of this. i agree chad hugo is the MAN behind the man. but since we dont really have chad's side of the story we can only speculate. chad may very well be happy being behind the scenes letting pharrell be the face and take the shine. itd make sense if u consider chad's obvious love for music itself and not the industry that he just wants to create, not the glamor that comes with it. at least, thats what it seems to me.

theres plenty of examples of this. timbo and danja (before danja ventured out), polow and his zone 4 label, right now mike will and the eardrummers... etc etc
'preciate it. MAAAAAAAAN danja saved Timbo in '04! Danja came through with that new sound. I thought Timbo was a monster when I heard "I'm so Fly" the first time. Come to find out Danja "co-produced" it along with all of Timbo's other noteworthy stuff thereafter.

I miss the old Neptunes sound with buzzes and blips. They used to have some of the best transitions and synth work. I want trucker hat Pharrell not Smokey the Bear hat Pharrell. I know things can't stay the same but do they have to get worse?

First listen, and I'm like....meh. I'll give another chance.

I always thought Pharrell is the face of the neptunes and Chad is the brains behind it all. Kenna's New sacred cow proved to me that Chad is really that dude.

'preciate it. MAAAAAAAAN danja saved Timbo in '04! Danja came through with that new sound. I thought Timbo was a monster when I heard "I'm so Fly" the first time. Come to find out Danja "co-produced" it along with all of Timbo's other noteworthy stuff thereafter.

I miss the old Neptunes sound with buzzes and blips. They used to have some of the best transitions and synth work. I want trucker hat Pharrell not Smokey the Bear hat Pharrell. I know things can't stay the same but do they have to get worse?

I have to agree.. Danja did save timbo.

Heres a vid from Rhea when she was with NERD at the time. Chad at it on Game's song "When My ***** Come Home"
Something about RHEA man..Shes sexy :wow:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom