Pharrell's "Happy" is the greatest song of the past 24 years.

It's by far not one of the greatest songs in the last 24 years but it is one of the most impactful songs.

its the gayest song of the past 24 years....literally
Song wouldnt be doing numbers if it wasnt for the message behind it, pharrell knew what he was doing,

lol wasn't this song made for a kids movie??

I rock with it
CoolDanceEmoticon.gif

Despicable Me 2

Wasn't this song made for the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack last summer? The fact that it's made it this far speaks volumes. Not sure if I can sit here and say "greatest song since 1990" but its definitely a great song.

Took 4 pages before someone who gets it posted. To judge this song you have to put it in context. It was a song made for a kids movie. Of course its simplistic. Yet somehow the message managed to tap into feels so much so that the song took on a life of its own and has become transcendent. That is special. So you can dislike the song, as that's your prerogative, but to deny it's impact is silly. But I wouldn't expect anything less from NT. Some of ya'll still truly believe that Pharrell is nothing without Chad lol.

Oh and side note, a lot of people seem to point to Get Lucky and Lose Yourself To Dance as the best Pharrell/Daft Punk collabo's as if Gust of Wind didn't happen...

I wouldn't say the greatest of the past 24 years but the song is dope to me. It only became annoying b/c of the radio playing it ALLLLLLLLLLLL day long. :lol: When I was riding around in the car the other day with the windows down chillin and Happy was playing it was a nice vibe though. :pimp:

Its good song.

A lot of you oversell it, and the there half undersell it. It is what it is..

It isn't the greatest song ever, and it isn't a bad song.Its just a good, enjoyable, feel good song.
First time I saw it was with the video, so naturally I couldn't help but like it. 

OP has already said that he was totally joking with the thread title to intentionally rustle jimmies.  Don't think any one person on NT right now actually believes Happy to be the best song of the last 2 decades.  So, let's stop answering that question now and just say whether or not you like it, love it or hate it. 

Looks like this song is going over a lot of peoples heads. Its not as simple as you think it is but you're just too stupid to realize it.

Wasn't this song made for the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack last summer? The fact that it's made it this far speaks volumes. Not sure if I can sit here and say "greatest song since 1990" but its definitely a great song.

Took 4 pages before someone who gets it posted. To judge this song you have to put it in context. It was a song made for a kids movie. Of course its simplistic. Yet somehow the message managed to tap into feels so much so that the song took on a life of its own and has become transcendent. That is special. So you can dislike the song, as that's your prerogative, but to deny it's impact is silly. But I wouldn't expect anything less from NT. Some of ya'll still truly believe that Pharrell is nothing without Chad lol.

Oh and side note, a lot of people seem to point to Get Lucky and Lose Yourself To Dance as the best Pharrell/Daft Punk collabo's as if Gust of Wind didn't happen...

super underrated song.. as a matter of fact G I R L is underrated. One of my fave albums this year.

Last edited:
:rofl:

Gotta love what the music forum continues to champion.

Why did you settle on 24 years? :lol: What came out 25 years ago that's better?

Love the song but damn. At least this thread aint 20+ pgs.

Last edited:
Alright I only made this thread to rustle some jimmies. I don't actually believe this.

I do think it's a timeless record.

I just can't see how people can really hate on this song besides the fact that it's everywhere.
Alright I only made this thread to rustle some jimmies. I don't actually believe this.

I do think it's a timeless record.

I just can't see how people can really hate on this song besides the fact that it's everywhere.

its the gayest song of the past 24 years....literally
Song wouldnt be doing numbers if it wasnt for the message behind it, pharrell knew what he was doing,

lol wasn't this song made for a kids movie??

I rock with it
CoolDanceEmoticon.gif

I think thats where a lot of people are going stupid when it comes to their expectations with this song.

It was made for a CHILDREN'S movie...

****** in here talking about it doesn't move them sonically... C'mon bruh. Like the lyrics weren't written for 7 year olds, literally.

Like I said earlier, ya'll over examine everything.

I get that ya'll don't like it, but at least understand where the song is coming from.

Last edited:
I think thats where a lot of people are going stupid when it comes to their expectations with this song.

It was made for a CHILDREN'S movie...

****** in here talking about it doesn't move them sonically... C'mon bruh. Like the lyrics weren't written for 7 year olds, literally.

Like I said earlier, ya'll over examine everything.

I get that ya'll don't like it, but at least understand where the song is coming from.

:lol: Dude has a problem with me saying it doesn't move me sonically i.e. I don't like how it sounds. :rofl:

I don't care what it was made for if I don't like how it sounds I'm not gonna listen to it.

Saying something just doesn't sound good to you is the least analytical thing that can be said about a song yet we're "overanalyzing it."

That literally doesn't even make sense. Why can't dudes just accept someone not liking a song? It's gotta be a research paper about why the way we're listening to it is wrong.

watched the vids for over an hour. my favorites are bucharest and tahiti. i think it resonates with me because i'm at a really happy place in my life. fantastic little son, amazing gf and things are great. i also think it's pretty cool that the song spawned such a positive worldwide phenom. and if someone doesn't like it, it's not even a big deal lol.

people be tripping that i'm playing it over and over at work instead of some sepultura, mastodon or some other abrasive sounds.

:stoneface:

This is why I can't **** with ya'll. Dudes saying that if you don't like this song you're incapable of being happy.

No, just no. **** that whole notion. Ya'll can have this trash I'mma go listen to actual good music that makes me happy and not feel pressured into liking a song because everyone and Oprah is on P's jock right now.

Clap along with that.

:lol: Dude has a problem with me saying it doesn't move me sonically i.e. I don't like how it sounds. :rofl:

I don't care what it was made for if I don't like how it sounds I'm not gonna listen to it.

Saying something just doesn't sound good to you is the least analytical thing that can be said about a song yet we're "overanalyzing it."

That literally doesn't even make sense. Why can't dudes just accept someone not liking a song? It's gotta be a research paper about why the way we're listening to it is wrong.

Period.

Instead of psycho-*******-analyzing us.

Why are you so mad, though...

Cuz man ya'll over here with these condescending pretentious remarks acting like something is wrong with an individual if he doesn't like this track.

****'s insulting.

Back
Top Bottom