phillyOstarr collection. thanks NT!

It's been a few years for me out of college (actually a lot more than just a few) but I think I'm done with sneakers.  Occasionally there's something that pulls me back in... penny's are my weakness. 

I started getting into sneakers towards end of high school.  My friend told me about NT and started lurking and by my 2nd year of college was a full fledged sneaker head.  Ah those were the best times.  I had different phases of sneakers that I was into.  First was Jordan's, then came SB's, next were 90's B-Ball shoes, and finally Air Max's.  I don't really have a favorite, I guess it was whatever my latest purchase was.  Looking back I would say a tie with concord's, cement 3's and infrared's.  Now the toll of a career doesn't leave much time for me to wear sneakers and with that so has the passion.  I'll always be into shoes so now it's more dress shoes and dressier sneakers.

NT has been such a great community. People here have definitely had an influence on my purchases.  Thanks y'all.

My first collection pics posted back in '03.

And then it slowly started to accumulate...

Now nothing is left except this for my rotation...

Damn man. Had a lot of good stuff. Growing up sucks
frown.gif

I always look through other people collection post and if I see nothing but a bunch Jordan bullcrap i hit the IGNORE key. But you passed the test with the great variety
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

frown.gif
Actually, growing up is wonderful. It's when you decide how deep your passion runs. Sure, I can't wear my stuff most of the week, but that's of minor concern for me. Having a real income that allows you to buy a place to live, a car, contribute to savings and still buy ostensibly whatever you want whenever you want - I'm quite happy to have traded my freedom to wear sneakers Mon - Fri for that.

They say youth is wasted on the young. Well, that's kind of true in the sneaker world too in its own way. If you ask me, people should be deciding to get into collecting at the age that most people are deciding to get out of collecting.

But, to the OP, whatever makes you happy! Nice stuff.

I appreciate all the comments guys!

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

frown.gif
Actually, growing up is wonderful. It's when you decide how deep your passion runs. Sure, I can't wear my stuff most of the week, but that's of minor concern for me. Having a real income that allows you to buy a place to live, a car, contribute to savings and still buy ostensibly whatever you want whenever you want - I'm quite happy to have traded my freedom to wear sneakers Mon - Fri for that.

They say youth is wasted on the young. Well, that's kind of true in the sneaker world too in its own way. If you ask me, people should be deciding to get into collecting at the age that most people are deciding to get out of collecting.

But, to the OP, whatever makes you happy! Nice stuff.

I agree growing up definitely doesn't suck.  If you still have the passion and the means to support it then that's awesome and more power to you.

Originally Posted by T21D

I always look through other people collection post and if I see nothing but a bunch Jordan bullcrap i hit the IGNORE key. But you passed the test with the great variety
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Thanks means a lot.  I just liked whatever looked good to me.  I was inspired by people posting here.  Like I'd browse thru an ijapino AJ 3 appreciation post and then immediately be on the hunt for 3s on eBay or somebody would post something hot on WDYWT and I'd go to the store and buy it.  So who knows even though my collection is gone maybe in a few months or years I'll stumble upon an air max thread or your PE collection post and be back on the hunt.

Back when I first started lurking I never imagined I'd be spending thousands on sneakers in the end.  I guess that's the life of an NTer.

Back
Top Bottom