Pho appreciation thread

my place is legit surrounded by pho spots so i have it about once a week

:smokin

How can I make this at home :nerd:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228443/authentic-pho/

@AdobeCS4

You can also use beef bone marrow, it'll provide that nice fattening taste to the broth which makes all the difference in the world. 

- Beef bone marrows
-Beef Meatballs (cut in two 4 or in half) I would suggest throwing the meatballs in the broth as it simmers. 
-Beef tendons is delicious also. 

Siracha sauce, Hoison sauce are the main sauce to use as condiments but you can also use Beef Paste as the label will show picture of pho noodles. 
It'll take practice to find the perfect mix to make your pho the best way of how you like it and once you do, you won't ever go back. 

The broth is what really make Pho for what it is. If the broth is bad then the soup won't be enjoyable.
The longer you let the broth simmer, the better tasting and more tender the meat would be. 

PS, crushed black pepper. Not ground black pepper. Makes a difference. 
Take my reps :pimp:

what yall know about bun bo hue. BOMB DOT COM. depends on the place though.

Any other recommendations other the reg pho?

Ive heard of bun rieu but never tried it.

:pimp:

bun rieu is cool....check out banh canh, mi quang, hu tieu

if your looking to try other Vietnamese food other than "soup" do a search for me in the Food thread. I pretty much have it all covered lol

Last edited:
I heard pho sucks in NY.
This is true. It's a damn shame, honestly.

I've grown tired of eating pho almost weekly ever since I was a kid; it's the staple dish in my family. I prefer the other noodle dishes like mi quang, bun bo hue, and bun thang.

Last edited:
If the waiter doesn't have his thumb in it, it ain't authentic.

Semi serious

But if you want the secret sauce. Ask for this.

421678_ph_oilspoon1.jpg

Last edited:

if your looking to try other Vietnamese food other than "soup" do a search for me in the Food thread. I pretty much have it all covered lol

bruh....i hate you right now....googled those.....im so goddamn hungry right now lol

If the waiter doesn't have his thumb in it, it ain't authentic.

Semi serious

But if you want the secret sauce. Ask for this.

http://www.chowstatic.com/uploads/8/7/6/421678_ph_oilspoon1.jpg[/quote]

what is this? you drop it in your pho?

It's scallions + oil.

Mix it together and heat it up a bit. Stir it into your noodles. Should actually look like this:

Last edited:
Pho Ga, side of spring rolls, hot tea is my go to when I have a cold. Can't forget the sriracha sauce, lime, bean sprouts, Thai basil.

no thanks on the beef balls. i prefer my erasers to be on pencils.
no thanks to tendon. i prefer my gristle to be in the rubbish can.

dac biet every time. there was a period where I got pho saturday morning after a night of drinking for like 6 weeks straight. wake up at 11 eat pho then sleep until 3

Dat Nuoc Beo for pho :pimp:

bruh....i hate you right now....googled those.....im so goddamn hungry right now lol

Also check out Bo Kho (vietnamese beef stew):evil:...my homegirl cooked this up yesterday

Dac Biet or Duoi Bo (Oxtail) are my to go pho.

pho ga with with undeveloped eggs once in a while. It is my least fav out of these three

many of places around here put nothing but msg in their broth :x...

Best place restaurant wise I've eaten Pho has to be Pho 79 in Socal. I pretty much hit up that place whenever I'm down there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom