Pick up Basketball....what grinds your gears? vol. Illegal Defense

Question:
3 on 3 halfcourt game, is there such a thing as traveling/double dribble while inbounding the ball after a ball check?

-People who carry the ball every possession

-The other day I had a wide open dunk but dude came and wrapped me up then said, "I don't want you to dunk it" IN A PICK-UP GAME. So the nextplay down the court I checked his!!*% into the bleachers and said, "I don't want you to dribble it". Needless to say he got the point.

-Fat people or skill-less bodybuilders who camp out in the lane all day

-People playing defense with their hands instead of feet.

-People who don't help on defense

-Teammates who need to make a shot quota, never want to feed the hot hand

-People who complain about getting elbowed when they're hacking.

-People who don't know how to play

-Girls who aren't good playing in the game.

-Packed at the rec and nobody has a clue that you have next.

Originally Posted by eemmwhy

Question:
3 on 3 halfcourt game, is there such a thing as traveling/double dribble while inbounding the ball after a ball check?

I dunno, but when we do 3's, the dude checking the ball isn't supposed to move until after he's passed the ball off of the check

Anyone who gets upset in a pickup game period. And thats for any reason whether it's a bad player, calls, or whatever. It's a fun way to pass time andto get upset for stuff like that is just ******ed.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

-The other day I had a wide open dunk but dude came and wrapped me up then said, "I don't want you to dunk it" IN A PICK-UP GAME. So the next play down the court I checked his!!*% into the bleachers and said, "I don't want you to dribble it". Needless to say he got the point.

Last time i played i hittin then my teammate (classmate too
eyes.gif
)started to jack it up like crazy i was
mad.gif

i just hate when peeps lie about a call, they call foul when they just took a bad shot or loss the ball out of bounds.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I remember once we crushed this dude's team and his excuse was that we cursed the basketball because we played with my TF-1000. He was really convinced. So he said gimme that ball and took a 16 foot jumper and missed and said, "See?! I make those all day!"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
those kind of people make me sick

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I remember once we crushed this dude's team and his excuse was that we cursed the basketball because we played with my TF-1000. He was really convinced. So he said gimme that ball and took a 16 foot jumper and missed and said, "See?! I make those all day!"

roll.gif

-The other day I had a wide open dunk but dude came and wrapped me up then said, "I don't want you to dunk it" IN A PICK-UP GAME. So the next play down the court I checked his!!*% into the bleachers and said, "I don't want you to dribble it". Needless to say he got the point.

God i hate that... My boy who is a beast, took off on a fastbreak and was bout to throw down, this guy sprints from half court and wraps him up. And thisis the busiest time of the week, Thursday at 5ish, there was probably 40-50 people in the gym and it got dead silent and everyone gave him a big fat
indifferent.gif
cuz my boy i going to play incollege, and just came off knee surgery, and everyone knew it, the dude just threw him into the wall.
eyes.gif

Personally i hate people the hustle like a crackhead, diving on everything overly aggressively reaching and hacking smh
mad.gif

At the Y you have to be 16 to play on the main court.

I am like *+$% that and i just say i am 16. So i get on the team and dude ballhoggin it taking ridiculous three pointers.
Of course he makes one of them. So he keeps shooting. Then we were down 9-2. Finally decides to hit me. I make two three pointers in a row.

It just pisses me off when guys think they can just keep shooting it and not kick it to the open man.

Plus when guys just HACK HACK HACK

I agree.... Dont get me wrong but there are some girls that can play in a pick up game. Last summer me and my girl played in a few games at my rec andshe was going to work on cats
pimp.gif
Also, I hate when you have cheaters on the other team that call EVERYTHING
Guys that say im gonna lock you up and all they do is hack. Knowing they cant check me LOL

Dirty players really piss me off. The other day, the dude I was guarding just kept elbowing me to the basket and shoving me off for rebounds.
indifferent.gif

so I was playing today, and everytime I shot, the dude guarding me just slightly tapped me on the penis everytime I put the ball up. What the %+** do you sayto that?????

Originally Posted by TheFuture2236

I agree.... Dont get me wrong but there are some girls that can play in a pick up game. Last summer me and my girl played in a few games at my rec and she was going to work on cats
pimp.gif
Also, I hate when you have cheaters on the other team that call EVERYTHING
Guys that say im gonna lock you up and all they do is hack. Knowing they cant check me LOL

Don't get me wrong, I play with some girls on UCSB and they kill dudes. They are really good team players too. I'll take them over most dudes anyday.

Originally Posted by kobefan88

so I was playing today, and everytime I shot, the dude guarding me just slightly tapped me on the penis everytime I put the ball up. What the %+** do you say to that?????

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
DUDE!

^^^^^it was an intramural game too, which really pissed me off. But I figured hey, if he was willing to touch another dudes wang to win then he deserves it

The other day I was balling, shot came off the rim and I got the quick tip in.... it was one of those "right on the front of the rim" rebounds
So this dude calls out "OFFENSIVE BASKET INTERFERENCE" I hit him with the stoneface and was like *****

Same game there were 2 teammates going for a loose ball.
One dude ended up on the ground right behind his teammate. The guy standing grabbed the rebound and fell backwards over his own dude.
So I called "travelling" and the same dude who made the offensive basket int call was like "naw we can't give you that"

laugh.gif

A few things really piss me off...

- Dudes who call a foul EVERY time they drive to the hole
- Cherry Pickers
- Ball Hogs
- And a few times that people have called illegal screens or 3 seconds... ARE YOU FOR REAL??

I hate playing 2's in a pickup game. The ratio is not the same. Playing with what is essentially a "4" pointer completely ruins the game, yet atmy school, that is the official way to play pickup.
Also I hate the cats that dont cut their nails and you get out of the gym looking like you got in a fight with Wolverine.
And the wanna be ref is gay too. I feel like some people just enjoy making ridiculous calls.

people who continue to shoot horrible low % shots with multiple defenders in their face and not feeding it to those who have a better open look!

Originally Posted by atljunkie

people who continue to shoot horrible low % shots with multiple defenders in their face and not feeding it to those who have a better open look!

Yea tell me about it
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom