Pictures of NYC in the 80's

I know some of you remember when that area where Barclays Center is on right now was pretty much just a yard where the MTA would store equipment, and the Atlantic Ave Station was just a metal shack.

I'm blessed to have been born here in 93, but I wish I was born alot earlier to experience this. I know times were much harder and crime was rampant, but it would just be cool to see.

I'm blessed to have been born here in 93, but I wish I was born alot earlier to experience this. I know times were much harder and crime was rampant, but it would just be cool to see.
92 baby here

i want no parts of that era 
laugh.gif

the storys my pops has told me 
sick.gif

"Deaths were common place, because skyscraper workers of the 1920s didn’t use safety harnesses and were often scaling steel frames like trees in a park.

“In those days, it was considered the norm for a building to have one death for every floor above the fifteenth floor," notes author, Vincent Curcio.(7)

The Chrysler Building had 3000 workers. With 77 floors it could have resulted in 62 fatalities.

But it had none."

Crazy

1987 Train Ride to Coney Island

"Jamel Shabazz Street Photographer" Trailer
2013 ‧ Documentary :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:
Most prolific 80's/90’s NY Hip Hop photographer.
Playing on Showtime but sure it's streaming places too.

Boston North End Accent 1985. I watch all 30min of this:lol:. Just some interesting content. Like jumping in a time machine. Feels like an old school vlog of everyday life in 1985 Boston.

"Rubble Kings" Documentary 2015
This used to be on Netflix when it came out but was removed a couple years ago. This doc goes deep into the 1960's-70's birth of the NY street gangs. The Warriors movie made a lot more sense to me after seeing this doc.

Trailer

I wish I was of able mind/body during the 80s to experience it.
It's such a mythical time period for me.

The 90s were cool and all but I feel like I missed out on something not being a teenager/adult during the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom