Pirates of the Carribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales

I liked number 2 as well. I was about 15 when it came out. Watching it was so awesome. When they are fighting on the wheel :wow:

But as I grew and started looking at movies in a different light. You can see the bad writing.

Seems like these movie are way more expensive.

Stranger tides is the most expensive movie ever :lol: :x

Last edited:
as was pointed out by the double toasted guys, the movie literally contains a jumping shark

indifferent.gif

Pirates loot $55.5M on Monday, global take up to $326M

Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales grossed a further $55.5 million yesterday ($15.6 million domestically and $39.9 million overseas) to take the global total to $326 million already. The results were boosted by Dragon Boat Holiday in China (which continues today) as well as a Bank Holiday in the UK. The domestic total is now at $78.2 million in North America and at $247.8 million internationally.

The $326 million earned by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales means that The Walt Disney Studios has now crossed $3 billion globally in 2017 to date, with international grosses at $1.903 billion and domestic grosses at $1.102 billion.

Wow. They still have Star Wars and two marvel films to go.

Also whatever other Disney films they have coming out.

Just saw it last night. Personally, I really enjoyed it. Thought it was definitely better than 3 and 4. The only annoying part was it being hard to understand what Salazar was saying half the time.

Also, the scene at the end of the credits. 6 is coming.

Last edited:
i actually enjoyed 4. 3 was the weakest imo. not terrible, but not great. 4 was just a cool historical fiction story, and i really had fun. 1 and 2 were dope. especially seeing it as kids.

Rumors were he was cash poor so Idk if this is him leaving or Disney trying to divorce themselves from him

Rumors were he was cash poor so Idk if this is him leaving or Disney trying to divorce themselves from him

The reboot itself is unnecessary. The franchise has been stale for a few years now and Depp's got a few more years of Sparrow left in him.

More like the latter, but he's keeping quiet lately
He has the Fantastic Beasts franchise to keep him afloat

Mans should go back to his roots, do more indie stuff, keep his expenses low

I was thinking about this franchise just yrsterday.

Whole theater was wild hype when ole girl showed up at the end.

Depp has Fantastic Beasts 2 and another cop movie coming out. I think he's fine.

Don't understand the reason for a reboot for this series.

I prefer Disney to continue to build of Tron: Legacy.

Depp has Fantastic Beasts 2 and another cop movie coming out. I think he's fine.

Don't understand the reason for a reboot for this series.

I prefer Disney to continue to build of Tron: Legacy.

The last tron disappointed me so much. Was boring and barely explored the cool city they were in. Someone in the theater fell asleep and started snoring.

The last tron disappointed me so much. Was boring and barely explored the cool city they were in. Someone in the theater fell asleep and started snoring.

The story could have been written better. But the idea was really good. After Tron: Legacy, watching Tron:Uprising was a really good supplement as to what occurred between the two movies.

Tron 3 would have been great. I doubt Disney finishes it off though.

I'm fine if they want to start over but create a new main character. Dont think they'll succeed in recasting Jack Sparrow.

Makes sense not to since the franchise is called Pirates of the Caribbean and not the Adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Would've been smart to introduce that character in the next PotC movie as a sort of passing of the baton.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom