Plain clothes Ny cop runs up on black dude, gets shot and dies

He shouldn't have been dressed in plain clothes. If he wasn't, the shooter would've never feared for his life.

Amrite?

1. if the police said stop to him... that is an exchange of words (probably didnt just say "stop" but a sentence telling him to stand still, or come over)

2. The cops didn't have visibility of the gun... they probably didnt wanna run with guns out and it ended up being just a random guy adjusting his belt or something.
If they had only ordered him to stop and he had said nothing else, no reply, no "exchange" then no that is not an exchange of words.

That would be an order.

Not an exchange.

Secondly, if that's the case then why approach an individual for simply adjusting his waistband?

Sometimes a dude's shorts are slightly askew. Sometimes I gotta adjust my junk.

That wouldn't and shouldn't be enough to inspire reasonable suspicion in the mind of an officer.

They had a strong suspicion that the individual had a gun and they were correct. If the suspicion was that great you need to be more assertive as a cop.
Moore was driving an unmarked police car when he and partner Erik Jansen, 30, both on-duty but in plainclothes, pulled up behind Blackwell, whom they had spotted “adjusting an object in his waistband,” said Police Commissioner Bill Bratton.

Moore identified himself as a police officer and asked, “Do you have something in your waistband?” a source said.

Blackwell responded: “Yeah, I got something,” pulled his gun and fired two to three shots into the car at the corner of 212th St. and 104th Road, hitting Moore in the face, the source said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...empted-murder-shooting-nypd-article-1.2208681

Moore was driving an unmarked police car when he and partner Erik Jansen, 30, both on-duty but in plainclothes, pulled up behind Blackwell, whom they had spotted “adjusting an object in his waistband,” said Police Commissioner Bill Bratton.

Moore identified himself as a police officer and asked, “Do you have something in your waistband?” a source said.

Blackwell responded: “Yeah, I got something,” pulled his gun and fired two to three shots into the car at the corner of 212th St. and 104th Road, hitting Moore in the face, the source said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...empted-murder-shooting-nypd-article-1.2208681
lol @ you believing that.

i went to the same HS Moore went to & live a few blocks from where the procession happened today. couldn't even leave my house cause almost all of the surrounding roads were closed. anyway...

him being shot & eventually dying is horrible (anyone being murdered is horrible), but it could've been avoided had he handled the situation differently.

So it went from "stop" to that dialogue?

Huh.

That's not fishy, not in the least.

Were there any suspects to corroborate the alleged exchange?

lol @ you believing that.
indifferent.gif

I'm usually cool with the things you post... but the race baiting title and dismissal of any possibility that the cop did not violate then murderers rights is too much.

You are letting the other events cloud your judgement.. like people who see how the NSA is spying on everyone then let that snowball into FEMA Camps and illuminati conspiracies

Huh.

That's not fishy, not in the least.

Were there any suspects to corroborate the alleged exchange?
wait... i thought you were looking for evidence of the "exchange"...

when you get presented with evidence... you say it's contrary to "stop"... which wasn't quoted as direct dialogue...

smh.... police misconduct exists and is prevelent... but this situation doesn't match up with the others...

especially since the officer did not even get out the car.

He died over the weekend
1. I haven't read everyone's response but I, as oh pee, do not delight in the fact that someone died

2. I'm more than certain the exchange that they said what happened... Did not go down word for word.

I'm not saying that the shooters was done innocent dude picking Flowers on the street... Like some people will say

And I'm also not saying the cops werr minding their own business and he rolled up and start gunning... Like some people will say.

I'm fairly certain it lies somewhere in the middle.

You don't become a felon as a civilian OR have a record number of arrests as a officer without being some what hostile.

GWAP

I think you think I'm saying that its okay

I'm not.

Dude should go to jail for being a felon with a gun.

But my thing is, I'm more than certain. certain ol' buddy didn't start dumping because the coppers asked him where 155th and 72nd was..

I said the same with mike Brown...

So now you have to greet criminals or those suspected of being criminals with a smile, candy and a big hug.

Good to know.

#ntextremes are never a good look when you're trying to get a point across.

Hyperbole just makes you look like you're tryig o hard

wait... i thought you were looking for evidence of the "exchange"...

when you get presented with evidence... you say it's contrary to "stop"... which wasn't quoted as direct dialogue...

smh.... police misconduct exists and is prevelent... but this situation doesn't match up with the others...

especially since the officer did not even get out the car.

The bolded is exactly what is so perplexing about the situation.

I've never heard of a cop approaching an individual suspected of carrying a firearm and being so lax in his line of decision making.

It goes against common sense and what is usually typical police behavior in similar instances.

For that reason I am skeptical of the alleged exchange provided by the NYPD.

Im not so naive to where i'll believe every account provided by the police to the media, especially when the circumstances surrounding certain incidents render such accounts as illogical and untypical.

Maybe it's because in my own experiences with police they've been far more aggressive whilst taking care to ensure their own safety.

Or maybe it just plum don't make an ounce of sense.

Last edited:
You can really tell who have actually interacted with police based on the responses in this thread.

No police officer is going up to a guy who may have a gun to ask "Do you have something in your pants?" It goes against their training. And for that guy:

When approaching someone who's either holding a gun or indicating that they have one, police are trained to first take cover at a safe distance and create a barrier between themselves and the other person. This usually means ducking behind the police cruiser or a building.

Next, officers should draw their weapons and command the suspect to drop their gun and get on the ground. The dialogue that happens between an officer and the suspect is what some experts call the most important aspect of police work.

If the suspect complies, one officer should then search the suspect for any additional weapons while the other officer still has his or her gun drawn. If a concealed weapon is found, officers should place cuffs on the suspect.

Loss of life is tragic, but HEATHEN HEATHEN is correct in saying that something is off with the reported series of events.

Last edited:
He died over the weekend
1. I haven't read everyone's response but I, as oh pee, do not delight in the fact that someone died

2. I'm more than certain the exchange that they said what happened... Did not go down word for word.

I'm not saying that the shooters was done innocent dude picking Flowers on the street... Like some people will say

And I'm also not saying the cops werr minding their own business and he rolled up and start gunning... Like some people will say.

I'm fairly certain it lies somewhere in the middle.

You don't become a felon as a civilian OR have a record number of arrests as a officer without being some what hostile.

GWAP

I think you think I'm saying that its okay

I'm not.

Dude should go to jail for being a felon with a gun.

But my thing is, I'm more than certain. certain ol' buddy didn't start dumping because the coppers asked him where 155th and 72nd was..

I said the same with mike Brown...
Dude was in NY with an illegal firearm and multiple felonies including attempted murder which he served 8 years for......

Then he gets approached by undecovers who are suspicious.... He caught them slipping. He would hAve probably got 15+ just for that strap. If he was holding too could be looking at life. that's motive.

Don't compare this to Mike brown. That's an insult to the brown family.

Last edited:
How many of them have interacted with police, while committing illegal acts or being suspicious of said acts would be a different question. If that's what you were implying, with your "you can tell" statement.

Sometimes being suspicious of a crime is as simple as where you live or what you look like.

Its obvious you don't understand that. Until you've been ordered to lay face down in the pavement just for walking down the street, or had guns drawn on you and been insinuated as a gang member for wearing a certain color, you will never understand that aspect of the equation.

Hope the view is nice from atop that horse.

Edit: P.S. You knew exactly what I meant when I said interacted with the cops as well. I'm not talking about calling them to the scene of an accident. I'm talking about living in an urban environment where police presence is CONSTANT and harassment is the norm. Don't play dumb.

Last edited:
Dude was in NY with an illegal firearm and multiple felonies including attempted murder which he served 8 years for......

Then he gets approached by undecovers who are suspicious.... He caught them slipping. He would hAve probably got 15+ just for that strap. If he was holding too could be looking at life. that's motive.

Don't compare this to Mike brown. That's an insult to the brown family.
I'm not comparing the two situation.

In simply saying I'm not siding with either side. I'm pointing that out, just like I did in the MB thread

I'm just saying that the report that they put out may not be the best representation of truth. Is it that hard to fathom?

I find it crazy how deep rooted the insecurities are when it comes to race that ha simply can't look passed the fact the cop was white and the shooter was black, how about we look passed that and see it for what it is, a felon with an illegal firearm executing a plainclothes officer....that's the only fact.

I find it crazy how deep rooted the insecurities are when it comes to race that ha simply can't look passed the fact the cop was white and the shooter was black, how about we look passed that and see it for what it is, a felon with an illegal firearm executing a plainclothes officer....that's the only fact.
nah b, the cop must have provoked him... he wouldn't just shoot an undercover just because he's a felon with a gun....

Sometimes being suspicious of a crime is as simple as where you live or what you look like.

Its obvious you don't understand that. Until you've been ordered to lay face down in the pavement just for walking down the street, or had guns drawn on you and been insinuated as a gang member for wearing a certain color, you will never understand that aspect of the equation.

Hope the view is nice from atop that horse.

Edit: P.S. You knew exactly what I meant when I said interacted with the cops as well. I'm not talking about calling them to the scene of an accident. I'm talking about living in an urban environment where police presence is CONSTANT and harassment is the norm. Don't play dumb.
Taking that clown seriously in any thread related to race is never a good idea

Back
Top Bottom