Please lock.

It's not uncommon for a fighter moving up in weight to take a light touch in his first fight in that division. I don't know what sport you have been watching but this is common for all fighters. Being on HBO has nothing do with anything.  

Bad move by Bradley, and he's only getting a 1 million dollar increase to fight Pac again. How you gonna demand 10 Million then settle for 6 and re-sign with Top Rank? :smh:

I have a feeling Bradley will get more money from HBO and Top rank on his future fights against whatever guys TR has in their stable. Long story short, Tim may only get 6M on the frontend but he may make more on the backend

I have a feeling Bradley will get more money from HBO and Top rank on his future fights against whatever guys TR has in their stable. Long story short, Tim may only get 6M on the frontend but he may make more on the backend

Who else besides Pac is a big draw from the TR stable ?

TR doesn't have many 140-147 figthers for him to fight. that's why everyone thought he was trying to be a FA so he could fight some golden boy fighters or any new bigger names TR came up with.

George Groves believes his decision to turn down a seven-figure offer from Carl Froch has been vindicated by the IBF's call for a mandatory rematch.
The IBF ruled on Friday that the inappropriate conduct of referee Howard Foster contributed to Groves' defeat in November and ordered Froch to schedule a rematch within 90 days or vacate his belt.
Speaking to ESPN's Steve Bunce, Groves revealed that the details of the rejected deal - tabled the day before the IBF hearing - went far beyond a straightforward payday for a single fight.
"I was pretty confident of the result [of the hearing] - I think Matchroom were a bit nervous of it," Groves said. "The offer, in my opinion, was unsatisfactory - it wasn't fair or a reflection of the value I bring to the table.
"It wasn't a one-fight deal - it was for multiple fights where I'd be obliged to fight people or have rematch clauses that I wasn't confident with.
"The fact I turned down a seven-figure offer, there's more to it. It's not black or white as Carl Froch is trying to indicate. I knew that the IBF would force the situation in that I get to box for a world title regardless of whether Carl Froch decides to vacate or not.
"Fighting for a world title was my main priority. I didn't want to surrender my soul for it, and I now have the option of deciding from multiple promoters."
Groves had dominated most of his first world title fight before Foster waved the bout off with Froch finally landing a flurry of telling punches in the ninth round, but the challenger insisted afterwards that the fight had been stopped too soon, an opinion shared by the IBF board.
"Right now we are where we were on Friday," Groves continued. "The IBF feel the fairest thing is to give me an immediate rematch, giving Carl Froch no option but to fight me.
"No one's made the fight, there's been no private deals yet. There is time for that to happen until February 8, then it goes out for purses."
While Groves is itching for another world title shot and the chance to avenge the first professional defeat of his career, he is not yet convinced that the rematch will happen as Froch is rumoured to be pushing for a fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
"If you look at what Carl would be thinking, I think he'll be thinking 'I don't want this fight. I'll take any fight but not this one. The fight will hurt and humiliate me, I can't be that lucky again.'
"Will his pride be enough to keep him in contention? I'm not sure. He's actively aggravating fans by diminish my performance, and also - the biggest sidestep - trying to fight Chavez.
"We all know that it isn't a wise move," Groves added. "With Carl it comes down to money."
In spite of that, Groves is confident a deal can be done.
"There's a lot brewing behind the scenes. My feeling is that this fight can, should and most likely will happen because Carl Froch has no other option. I look forward to getting in there and doing a number on him."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/277585.html#UY30cpjzIw2iAGke.99
Arsenal's Emirates Stadium has emerged as a potential venue for a rematch between Carl Froch and George Groves, with the Times reporting that May 31 has been earmarked for the bout.
The pair still need to agree a share of the purse for the fight, after Froch retained his IBF and WBA super-middleweight titles with a controversial ninth-round stoppage of Groves. Referee Howard Foster was widely criticised for what was seen as a premature intervention, with the IBF eventually coming to the same conclusion two months later and ordering a rematch on Friday following an appeal by Groves.
The decision forces Froch to face Groves for his next fight or be stripped of his IBF title. However the IBF's ruling only guarantees challenger Groves 15 percent of the purse, less than he has already been offered.
Froch's promoter admitted negotiations have been less than smooth due to the animosity between the fighters.
However the 60,000-capacity Emirates Stadium has emerged as a likely venue if an agreement is reached, as well as Nottingham Forest's City Ground, which holds over 30,000. Froch is a lifelong supporter of Championship outfit Forest.
The first fight had sold out the 19,000-capacity Phones4U Arena in Manchester in 11 minutes.
"I believe it probably will happen, but both of them will have to give ground on their demands and neither wants to do that," Hearn said.
"George has his belief of what it is worth and Carl is not in the mood to make concessions."
The IBF had ordered the rematch to take place within 90 days, though it is believed they would not object to a May date if both parties agreed.
Froch had been pursuing a bout against Julio César Chávez Jr, the former WBC middleweight champion. Hearn said Froch could still take that fight even if it meant giving up the IBF title.
Chávez faces Brian Vera on March 1, and if he wins would potentially face Froch in Las Vegas in early July.
"We are being pressured by [American television company] HBO and Top Rank [Chávez's promoter] to give them an answer. Obviously the Groves fight is the one that everyone in the UK wants, but it is not the only option," Hearn said.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/277503.html#YdoVsW1Pl2eo3mYd.99

Last edited:
i think its so stupid that fighters are only able to fight within their promotion company... theres some good fights that cant be made because of that... oh well just waiting for that mayweather in may anway

i think its so stupid that fighters are only able to fight within their promotion company... theres some good fights that cant be made because of that... oh well just waiting for that mayweather in may anway

The blame for that is SOLELY on Manny and DLP. They ****** boxing for the better part of a decade.

Bad move by Bradley, and he's only getting a 1 million dollar increase to fight Pac again. How you gonna demand 10 Million then settle for 6 and re-sign with Top Rank?
mean.gif
Sadly son has sold his soul 
mean.gif

Bad move by Bradley, and he's only getting a 1 million dollar increase to fight Pac again. How you gonna demand 10 Million then settle for 6 and re-sign with Top Rank? :smh:

Sadly son has sold his soul :smh:

Wins over PAC and Provodinkov too, you would think Tim had all the leverage in this situation...

Marquez vs Rios, Alvarado, or Provodinkov .. Those are his only options at this point.
all sound like good fights, I don't think he can take provodnikov though

I don't think so either but I hope that's who he fights next. That way we can get Rios vs Alvarado 3 :smokin

He's the one that said he could stop Pacquiao, so why shouldn't we expect better competition?
This is boxing man they say all sorts of outlandish things. No one and I mean no one is moving up a division and taking on the toughest competition there in their 1st fight. He's merely setting himself up for a feature money fight against Pac because he has probably been advised to do so. Top Rank doesn't have many options as it stands.

His advisors are just setting themselves up for a payday by rushing Mikey Garia to move up. They know he's not ready yet.

mikey know himself he is not ready, he said it will be atleast two years before he hits 140.

Don't worry, 2 more years of fighting bums will roll by and folks will still make excuses

30+ fights and maybe one vs a guy with significant skill & talent is very disturbing

A couple of weeks ago, as part of an appearance on ESPN2's "Friday Night Fights" -- see the video above -- I was asked to give my opinion on the two fights I most hoped would happen in 2014.

My No. 1 pick (in the non-Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao category, of course), which many fight fans told me after the fact that they wholeheartedly agreed with, was a light heavyweight showdown between champion Adonis Stevenson and titleholder Sergey Kovalev. Well, there is an excellent chance that we will get our wish of seeing the crowd-pleasing knockout artists fight this year.

The fighters' camps, working closely with HBO, are in the process of making a deal that would see Stevenson and Kovalev square off for 175-pound supremacy in the fall in Montreal, provided each wins an interim bout, both of which are in the works for HBO dates.

The promoters and network didn't want to go into details, but Main Events CEO Kathy Duva, who promotes Kovalev, gave me one quote when I asked her about the plan on Monday:

"Negotiations are ongoing and I am optimistic," Duva said.

From what I'm told, the sides are already exchanging paperwork on the deal for the Stevenson-Kovalev fight in the fall, but everything is contingent on them taking care of other business first.

Russia's Kovalev (23-0-1, 21 KOs), 30, who lives in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is penciled in to headline a March 29 card at Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. His opponent isn't signed, but it could be Cedric Agnew (26-0, 13 KOs), a 27-year-old from Chicago who has some decent wins on his record, including those against former title challenger Yusaf Mack, Daniel Judah and Otis Griffin.

Stevenson (23-1, 20 KOs), 36, who scored four knockouts in his four 2013 fights, including a one-punch first-round knockout of Chad Dawson to win the world title, will likely have his interim bout May 24 or May 31 in his hometown of Montreal. He will likely face Chicago-based Poland native Andrzej Fonfara (25-2, 15 KOs), 26, who has been featured a few times on FNF. He owns wins against former titlist Gabriel Campillo and former champ Glen Johnson.

Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules, who represents Fonfara, and Stevenson promoter Yvon Michel have exchanged deal points for the fight. Both sides want to make the matchup, and the promoters are meeting this week in South Florida to discuss it in person.

The plan to eventually match Stevenson and Kovalev began to be hatched on Nov. 30, when the fighters appeared on the same HBO card together in Quebec City. Stevenson knocked out mandatory challenger Tony Bellew in the sixth round of a one-sided fight in the main event and Kovalev destroyed Ismayl Sillakh in the second round of the co-feature.

This is boxing man they say all sorts of outlandish things. No one and I mean no one is moving up a division and taking on the toughest competition there in their 1st fight. He's merely setting himself up for a feature money fight against Pac because he has probably been advised to do so. Top Rank doesn't have many options as it stands.

You were asking us what we expect for Garcia's first fight at 130 and I'm telling you we expected a better fight because he said he could KO a premier fighter. No one cares who or what was behind the motivation for his comments, he said it and now the pressure is on him to climb up the ladder and take on Pacquiao. You can't make a comment like that and win a lackluster fight against someone at the bottom of the weight class, it just deters the interest for future fights with top boxers.

Back
Top Bottom