Please lock.

Don't be shocked if Roberto Ortiz pulls the upset.

I admittedly haven't seem much of him other than a few minutes of footage of his fight against Lozada. He was floored in that fight and really didn't look like anything special to be honest as he seemed a bit slow and crude.

If he's to pull the upset, how do you see it happening?

Don't be shocked if Roberto Ortiz pulls the upset.

I admittedly haven't seem much of him other than a few minutes of footage of his fight against Lozada. He was floored in that fight and really didn't look like anything special to be honest as he seemed a bit slow and crude.

If he's to pull the upset, how do you see it happening?

I watched that clip too as well as the other one on youtube. These are my takeaways

• Lozado is taller and has long arms.
  • Ortiz got decked in that fight, but it was a good shot.
  • He took it well and got back up.
  • Ortiz actually got hit flush throughout the fight, and wasn't really fazed.

But going by the eye test, I agree with you that he doesn't look very impressive. But Ortiz does have a distinct advantage, he has seen film on how to beat Matthysse. I have a sneaking suspicion that he studied Matthysse-Garcia and Matthysse-Molina thoroughly. The best tangibles Ortiz has going for him seem to be his chin, power, and awkward Maidana-esque style. In his previous fights, he didn't really fight tall. If he wants to win, he should make the adjustment. If he puts it together, it's not going to be an easy night for Matthysse.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ortiz-garcia-matthysses-level-dropped-slightly--81414

Last edited:
I watched that clip too as well as the other one on youtube. These are my takeaways

• Lozado is taller and has long arms.
  • Ortiz got decked in that fight, but it was a good shot.
  • He took it well and got back up.
  • Ortiz actually got hit flush throughout the fight, and wasn't really fazed.

But going by the eye test, I agree with you that he doesn't look very impressive. But Ortiz does have a distinct advantage, he has seen film on how to beat Matthysse. I have a sneaking suspicion that he studied Matthysse-Garcia and Matthysse-Molina thoroughly. The best tangibles Ortiz has going for him seem to be his chin, power, and awkward Maidana-esque style. In his previous fights, he didn't really fight tall. If he wants to win, he should make the adjustment. If he puts it together, it's not going to be an easy night for Matthysse.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ortiz-garcia-matthysses-level-dropped-slightly--81414

Thanks for your input. Hopefully it's a good fight.

TI went for PBF's jugular on his rendition of Am I Wrong.
The verse would have been dope if the track wasn't so POP. That track was no way Jose

This Floyd fight crept up quick though. Super ready over here

Last edited:
I want Taylor to win, but Broner's speed is too much.
You're quite upset-minded this weekend.

Logically and realistically speaking. I see Frampton-Martinez as 50-50, Broner beating Taylor quite clearly, and Ortiz being vastly overlooked. Taylor is a solid fighter but unfortunately he will resort to a full time gatekeeper after this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom