Please lock.

Idk man, would it even be great for boxing at this point for mayweather vs pac?

I wish i had sho, i have hbo, and id rather see the khan vs alexander instead of bradley vs chavez

I'll be watching both Showtime and HBO tonight.

And I don't believe anything about a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight until they're both in the ring actually fighting.

I will like to see the fight. But it's a lose lose situation for Floyd. He wins, Pac was "too old," even though Floyd is older. He lose, well, the obvious will be said.

They keep toying with us. I believe dude up there, they just want to steal hype from cotto/canelo. It seemed like too much talking and stuttering from Money like always. If it was really going to happen he could just simply say....."I'm going to make the fight happen. Its a done deal , May 2nd." He's going around it too much like always.

I'll be watching both Showtime and HBO tonight.

And I don't believe anything about a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight until they're both in the ring actually fighting.

Yup, I don't either. Also by saying that the fight has to be on Showtime knowing Pacquiao has an HBO contract basically negates the chance of the fight happening anyway, so it was pretty much just posing and posturing for his public image.

I don't want to harp on it too much bc I've heard some of the dumbest things in my life from Mayweather and Pacquiao fans (whenever someone says "TBE" i automatically know they dont like or care about boxing as a sport), but I don't think the fight will ever happen. It's a shame we all never got to see both of them in their primes 5 years ago tho

Bradley aint a real draw ...

Watching ShoBox FTW ....

Dont care to much for Khan - Rooting for Alexander, but can careless who wins ...

One time in the other hand ... thats my fav up and coming along side Garcia ...

I will like to see the fight. But it's a lose lose situation for Floyd. He wins, Pac was "too old," even though Floyd is older. He lose, well, the obvious will be said.
He can't win. Whatever happens, there will be an excuse.

He made some good points. I've always said Mayweather deserves a significantly higher purse. He sells the ppv's. He can fight Joe the bum and still sell 800k ppv's. Yall can say his ppv's are down, but he still sold 600k more ppv's than Manny's fight

That's a bit of b.s. 

Don't see how the "too old" thing makes any sense. They both old

Last edited:
That's a bit of b.s. 

yeah but manny lost twice .. So people are going to say he was on a decline ...

I don't think Manny ever made 40 mil in a fight and why not agree to random test? Floyd was subject to them as well.

Now Manny probably will be offer 20 and I don't blame Floyd. He is the one bringing in the peeps.

Can't avoid that because again, they're both getting older

However, to say Floyd is in a no win situation is where I call b.s. 

yeah but manny lost twice .. So people are going to say he was on a decline ...

I don't think Manny ever made 40 mil in a fight and why not agree to random test? Floyd was subject to them as well.

Now Manny probably will be offer 20 and I don't blame Floyd. He is the one bringing in the peeps.

Manny was robbed once out of the losses, and Marquez will not give a rematch. And Pacquiao today agrees to random blood test. If you're referring to the past, well it's because at the time both were the A-side since Pacquiao was already getting 1 million PPV buys, was upcoming star, had a huge fan base, belts, etc while Floyd at the time was on retirement, dropped from PPV, so it would only be fair that no one gets to pick or choose or demand this or that. So no need for testing, and Pacquiao wasn't even a KO artist to begin with, Floyd never asked for testing for his prior opponents before 2009 but all of a sudden brings up testing in the middle of the negotiations? $40 million was subjected to be out of $250-300 million in potential revenue which at the time was not reasonable and he was offered with no PPV buys, not to mention that $40 million would lead to a lawsuit on Pacquiao for violating his contract terms. $20 million is super low. Pacquiao only got 300k PPV buys because the fights were held in China, that's actually good fighting outside the states, not even Canelo or Cotto could reach more than 300k and they fought in the states their recent fights with popular opponents. Pacquiao got 800k PPV buys vs Bradley 2. So no, $20 million is lousy.

Manny was robbed once out of the losses, and Marquez will not give a rematch. And Pacquiao today agrees to random blood test. If you're referring to the past, well it's because at the time both were the A-side since Pacquiao was already getting 1 million PPV buys, was upcoming star, had a huge fan base, belts, etc while Floyd at the time was on retirement, dropped from PPV, so it would only be fair that no one gets to pick or choose or demand this or that. So no need for testing, and Pacquiao wasn't even a KO artist to begin with, Floyd never asked for testing for his prior opponents before 2009 but all of a sudden brings up testing in the middle of the negotiations? $40 million was subjected to be out of $250-300 million in potential revenue which at the time was not reasonable and he was offered with no PPV buys, not to mention that $40 million would lead to a lawsuit on Pacquiao for violating his contract terms. $20 million is super low. Pacquiao only got 300k PPV buys because the fights were held in China, that's actually good fighting outside the states, not even Canelo or Cotto could reach more than 300k and they fought in the states their recent fights with popular opponents. Pacquiao got 800k PPV buys vs Bradley 2. So no, $20 million is lousy.
lol I'm not about to argue .. i can clearly see which side you on. 40 million is lousy when u compare it to Floyds purse, but when has he made 40 mil or when will he? Lmao .. This is the bs argument people make to say Floyd is ducking ... Its fact that floy will clear 100+ mil with whoever he fights with a name Manny is not. I'm regards to testing .. Why would it matter if its going to make the fight? Maybe he had something to hide .. Doubt it but hey someone shouldn't let something like that get between negotiations.

Manny was robbed but its still and L and he walked straight into a punch so that's to L's or are you going to argue that .. So if he loose ******* are going to make every excuses to take away from Floyd.

Bottom line 20 mil is good stop comparing to what Floyd will make he is not Floyd never was never will be ... Call it lousy but that's the best he will ever do ....

Hmm we've heard this talk of the fight happening before. But let's see some of the obstacles involved:

drug testing

purse split

venue

HBO vs. Showtime

Bob Arum

Yeeeaahhh....
Yup, I don't either. Also by saying that the fight has to be on Showtime knowing Pacquiao has an HBO contract basically negates the chance of the fight happening anyway, so it was pretty much just posing and posturing for his public image.

I don't want to harp on it too much bc I've heard some of the dumbest things in my life from Mayweather and Pacquiao fans (whenever someone says "TBE" i automatically know they dont like or care about boxing as a sport), but I don't think the fight will ever happen. It's a shame we all never got to see both of them in their primes 5 years ago tho
THIS.

paulie keeps it 100
who the **** is this dude? He doesn't know what he talking about ... Lmao

Basically ... Anybody that know about boxing drew the same conclussion.

Pauli is not saying anything new ...

Lmao buy stands will come in here and plea a bs case. ..

lol I'm not about to argue .. i can clearly see which side you on. 40 million is lousy when u compare it to Floyds purse, but when has he made 40 mil or when will he? Lmao .. This is the bs argument people make to say Floyd is ducking ... Its fact that floy will clear 100+ mil with whoever he fights with a name Manny is not. I'm regards to testing .. Why would it matter if its going to make the fight? Maybe he had something to hide .. Doubt it but hey someone shouldn't let something like that get between negotiations.

Manny was robbed but its still and L and he walked straight into a punch so that's to L's or are you going to argue that .. So if he loose ******* are going to make every excuses to take away from Floyd.

Bottom line 20 mil is good stop comparing to what Floyd will make he is not Floyd never was never will be ... Call it lousy but that's the best he will ever do ....
Hope you are not talking about purse because if you are, you are talking crazy. Floyd is just throwing "money and split talk" out there to entertain the fans with more blocks. Sad thing is the fans actually eat it up and flaunt the excuse as to why the fight can't happen. If I'm not mistaken I read his purse for the canelo fight was $41.5 mil. Oscar is offering him $100 purse for this one which is well above twice as that. Its clear this would be both of the fighters highest payday and the highest purse in history for a boxing match. Don't know why fans are worried about what the split is...only thing we want is for it to happen already before they age even more.

paulie keeps it 100

He believes Manny is a cheater and doesn't deserve a shot at the most lucrative boxing match (even though its not competitive)....but he still think its an important fight for boxing and he wants to see it. lol make up your mind dude

Hope you are not talking about purse because if you are, you are talking crazy. Floyd is just throwing "money and split talk" out there to entertain the fans with more blocks. Sad thing is the fans actually eat it up and flaunt the excuse as to why the fight can't happen. If I'm not mistaken I read his purse for the canelo fight was $41.5 mil. Oscar is offering him $100 purse for this one which is well above twice as that. Its clear this would be both of the fighters highest payday and the highest purse in history for a boxing match. Don't know why fans are worried about what the split is...only thing we want is for it to happen already before they age even more.
I meant the gross of the fights but just to clear things up 41.5 was guarantee money, you still have to take in account everything else. This **** about splits is neither here nor there. If anyone was bringing it up was manny where he wanted a 50/50 and he was and still is not the star ....

He believes Manny is a cheater and doesn't deserve a shot at the most lucrative boxing match (even though its not competitive)....but he still think its an important fight for boxing and he wants to see it. lol make up your mind dude
so people cant have two opinions about a certain topic? What blasphemy ... Smh ... He's not contradicting himself regardless of his personal beliefs he still think is an important fight especially in this era and in the state boxing is currently in.

Last edited:
Floyd will fight the Khan/Alexander winner.
that's plan b but I believe Floyd will handle both with ease. I wish Danny was ready because I believe with more time he has a good chance and I think one time has that power that can probably give Floyd a challenge.

The sad part but more lucrative truth is that more people see the fights in hopes that Floyd losses instead of appreciating one of the best boxers in history. That's an arguable fact but he has dominated his era.

Last edited:
That's a bit of b.s. 

If Floyd wins, everybody will say he waited til manny was on the decline and if they would have fought years ago manny would have destroyed him.

But with all the obstacles, I don't see the fight happening.
Purse split
HBO vs showtime
And Bob Arum is the reason it won't happen

Back
Top Bottom