Police Brutality Discussion & Solutions...

View media item 2176550
"Once she was placed into the police car, Ficker claims she was then pepper-sprayed four times, one time right in her mouth, and not given water. The teen said the spraying had caused her to start choking. Brito said the teen was only sprayed once and that she was able to wash her face with water when she arrived at the station, which he said is protocol.

Police slammed the car door and never put her seat belt on, Ficker said. The video shows police closing the car door after the teen was sprayed.

She was later taken to the hospital by her father, where she was diagnosed with a possible concussion and other injuries, Ficker said.

"What happened Sunday should never happen to anyone's daughter," Ficker said, adding that the girl is an honor student and soccer player.

The teen was charged with disorderly conduct, two counts of second-degree assault, possession of marijuana, and failure to obey a traffic device, police said. The matter was referred to the Department of Juvenile Services. She will not enter a plea, Ficker said, adding that he hopes the Department of Juvenile Services will drop the charges."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/maryland-teen-pepper-sprayed-police-shares-side-story/story?id=42293931

[h1]#AlfredOlango: El Cajon, Calif., Police Aware Unarmed Black Man Was in Mental Distress Before They Fatally Shot Him[/h1]

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/09/el-cajon-police-shooting/

My gf went to high school with dude. :smh:

We had a discussion today about solutions. My opinion is we're looking for quick fixes and marching, protesting and begging for "help" will get us nowhere.

First step is we have to make families a priority again.Two parent households where boys can learn to be men and girls can learn to be women.

Step two,keep money in our community. But that's after we establish families and family businesses.

Step three, buy back our neighborhoods.

Step four, start buying political influence on the small scale and local level.

Step five, police our own neighborhoods. Get the ******** out by any means necessary.

Step six, demand more from businesses that profit from us.

Last edited:
View media item 2181599
I dunno man
You can't go provoking the police with a stance like that
But he was mentally unstable. His sister was the one who made the call for help, not to kill him.

Same goes for Terence Crutcher, and his wife pleaded to not shoot him. That he doesn't have a weapon. They didn't listen and I doubt they ever will.

Neighborhood watch probably does a much better job at policing communities than police does.

That whole video is ****** up, you can tell the cop was just waitin for homie to slip up so he can do what he do.

View media item 2181599
I dunno man
But he was mentally unstable. His sister was the one who made the call for help, not to kill him.

Same goes for Terence Crutcher, and his wife pleaded to not shoot him. That he doesn't have a weapon. They didn't listen and I doubt they ever will.

Neighborhood watch probably does a much better job at policing communities than police does.
At the end of the day, we both know that the police will shoot when we are making a motion like that whether we are mentally ill or not.

The outrage about Tulsa and Charlotte makes sense because the guys getting killed didn't make any motion to threaten a cop. This falls into where it's unfortunate that a mentally ill man provoked enough to get the cops to shoot him. It sucks, but you can't say the police were totally wrong in this case.

Last edited:
View media item 2181599
I dunno man

Mentally stable or not, cop has .00001 seconds to react when somebody does that. What if the guy really had a gun? Cop supposed to wait and see if he fires?

Uh, they knew they were responding to a man having a seizure/mental breakdown yet the team specifically for that purpose wasn't on scene, from what I'm reading it took almost an hour to respond, he was shot within a minute of arrival(meaning they responded to a mentally ill person that they knew about...with hostility), there are 0 eyewitness accounts that support the officer's actions, this is a still, oh and there's the countless times police have been caught fabricating evidence. They're wrong.

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...rl-body-slammed-police-officer-north-carolina

A student who was slammed to the ground by a police officer at a North Carolina high school was trying to break up a fight involving her sister, according to the 15-year-old who posted video of the incident on social media.

Ahunna Akpuda recorded a brief video of an officer surrounded by students at Rolesville high school. The officer lifted and dropped a girl on her left side, then pulled her to her feet and lead her away. Akpuda said two girls had been fighting, including the sister of the girl who was slammed to the floor.

She said the officer arrived a few seconds after the girl arrived to break up the fight. “He drags her farther away from the actual fight after it was broken up,” said Ahunna, who spoke with the Associated Press on the phone Wednesday, along with her mother. “That’s when he proceeds to lift her up and slam her down to the ground.”

The girl who tried to break up the fight seemed “confused about why he was pulling her and restraining her”, Ahunna said. The video doesn’t show what led up to or followed the incident.

Her mother, Pam Akpuda, said she doesn’t think the officer, identified by town officials as Ruben De Los Santos, should be allowed to return to the school. “I don’t feel comfortable with him going back in the school,” she said. “If he’s fired, so be it. At the least, he needs to be reassigned.”

De Los Santos is on paid administrative leave, the Rolesville police chief said. Police chief Bobby Langston told town commissioners Tuesday that he’s reviewing the incident, which he said began as a fight between two female students Tuesday morning.

The officer is Hispanic and the female student in the video is black, Mayor Frank Eagles said. The video has prompted the state’s largest school district to take a fresh look at standards for officers assigned to work in schools. Wake County school officials will review the memorandum of understanding that places an armed police officer in every high school and some middle schools, district spokeswoman Lisa Luten said Wednesday.

The review will include “determining if changes need to be made to the agreement”, she said in an email. Rolesville high school principal Dhedra Lassiter said in a statement posted on the school’s website Tuesday that she is “deeply concerned” about what she saw in the video.

The girl shown in the video told WRAL-TV in Raleigh that she was trying to break up a fight between her sister and another student when the officer came up behind her and slammed her to the ground. The girls’ mother, Desiree Harrison, told WRAL-TV she was called to the high school about her other daughter and had no idea what had happened to the one in the video.

“When I’m looking at this video, I’m like ‘Oh, my God, this cannot be happening to my child’ because I was just up at the school and they didn’t even tell me what happened to her,” Harrison said.

white lives matter...

this story is crazy...

Florida Police Officer Charged With Manslaughter

The police officer, Lee Coel, 28, was charged with felony manslaughter for killing retired librarian Mary Knowlton, 73, last August. Knowlton was randomly selected to participate in a "shoot/don't shoot" role-playing scenario to teach residents how police decide to use deadly force.

"She volunteered to be the victim in this mock shooting. I was standing 10 feet away from her when the guy shot her," Gary Knowlton told CBS News last year. In November, the city of Punta Gorda and Knowlton's family reportedly reached a $2 million settlement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-police-officer-charged-manslaughter-191225147.html

Judge rebukes killer Oklahoma cop for going on national TV before her trial 
C81nMqjXoAICI0n.jpg

https://t.co/P5R3EZ8V7e

white lives matter...

this story is crazy...

Florida Police Officer Charged With Manslaughter

The police officer, Lee Coel, 28, was charged with felony manslaughter for killing retired librarian Mary Knowlton, 73, last August. Knowlton was randomly selected to participate in a "shoot/don't shoot" role-playing scenario to teach residents how police decide to use deadly force.

"She volunteered to be the victim in this mock shooting. I was standing 10 feet away from her when the guy shot her," Gary Knowlton told CBS News last year. In November, the city of Punta Gorda and Knowlton's family reportedly reached a $2 million settlement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-police-officer-charged-manslaughter-191225147.html

This is what happens when you don't want to hold your officers accountable or to a standard.

Terrible 
mean.gif
 Really shows how low the bar is being set for police officers. Fatally shooting someone in a damn educational training demonstration.

Those trigger-happy maniacs shouldn't even pass the entry exam to become a police officer.

Speaking of Florida though, saw this in the Miami Herald earlier this week. It's about changes to the stand your ground laws, for the worse. 
mean.gif

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article142992234.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom