Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

As each day goes by, I find myself agreeing more and more with Malcolm X's ideology.

Sometimes, violence is necessary. Protesting at this point is doing nothing but repeating the same cycle over and over. How many young black men will have to die?

If Darren ended up dead somewhere maybe that might be drastic enough for a legitimate change to be made.

Srs.

This! Too many Ceasars...

You don't understand that your history as a police officer, one of the most important, powerful and dangerous positions in the US is in no way the same as a citizens juvenile record.

Like completely different on every level imaginable.

you're not able to pick and choose

the PUBLIC wont pick and choose

and neither will the law teams of each side

either its fair game to explore the pasts of BOTH parties
or its foul for BOTH parties

the one that doesnt accept that reality on EITHER side is in for alot of heartache and unnecessary stress with this case

(If you're black), give me 5 ways a black person can disenfranchise a white person in the USA.

Disenfranchise?

The **** are you talking about?

Call it what you want racism, prejudice, stereo typing whatever.

But I know of friends and family who despise white people.

(If you're black), give me 5 ways a black person can disenfranchise a white person in the USA.

Disenfranchise?

The **** are you talking about?

Call it what you want racism, prejudice, stereo typing whatever.

But I know of friends and family who despise white people.

Yeah, no. You just listed 3 unrelated things. Nice try though.

They despise white people you say? Name something TANGIBLE they can do towards those white people they so despise.

Yeah, no. You just listed 3 unrelated things. Nice try though.

They despise white people you say? Name something TANGIBLE they can do towards those white people they so despise.
Kill them, refuse them race based scholarships, etc. I've had this argument before and people still dint want to read the dictionary. Racism has nothing to do with ability to disenfranchise. By many people here's definition the KKK aren't racist because they have no power. Get outof here with the ignorance.

Kill them, refuse them race based scholarships, etc. I've had this argument before and people still dint want to read the dictionary. Racism has nothing to do with ability to disenfranchise. By many people here's definition the KKK aren't racist because they have no power. Get outof here with the ignorance.

That's what I'm saying.

Like dude got me extra confused.

Bully: "I don't have anything else to do plus I perceive you to be weaker than me, therefore I am going to mess with you, take from you, hit you and more."

Bullied: "Ok well I don't like you for that. Matter of fact I cannot stand you and people like you."

Bullied is labeled a "bully' and irrational. :lol:

Yall kill me. Carry on though :smh:

Insert white racist with bully and Blacks with bullied for folks who did not follow

Last edited:
'kill them' and go to jail for the rest of their lives, and it's a rare occurrence. meanwhile white cops kill blacks and get paid vacation, six figures of support money, and the status of hero.

'refuse them race based scholarships'
Notice how he tries to go to the old affirmative action argument. I've had this discussion with SWS in person, they change the subject once you bring up that they have scholarships for Irish, Italian, German, Jewish, Russian etc. meanwhile the couple hundred thousands that some black kids get becomes discrimination.

'etc'
aka nothing else, let me go off with this lie I've just created and make a bigger point on top of it.

Ppl STILL thinking black people can be racist? This is 2014, and I'm almost positive it's been cleared up/debunked in this thread. Even on this page by the bully analogy. Deliberate ignorance/"non-understanding". Period.

Black people benefit from no real form of privilege and are within no system of power to be racist. It's not that hard to understand. Even if you're a white person and think you have no power, be poor, etc. you still benefit from white privilege and a system of power because those who are in control look like you and do not fear you.

By this logic only white people should be banned from NT for being racist right?

You're normally on point so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

There's a difference between racism and being hateful/prejudiced. Racism is a complicated subject that dictionary.com tries to wrap up in one sentence. Racism has more to do with institutional oppression. Prejudice is a more individual thing. Clearly, NT bans people for both types of comments - so no race is excluded from that.

The shooting happened outside Oschelin's Hardware store in Ottawa. Police said they were called to the scene after reports that there was someone there with a gun.

During the encounter with officers, Joseph Jennings was shot. He was taken to a hospital, where he died of his injuries.

The victim's foster father, William Bruton, said Jennings told him he was heading to Walmart Saturday night.

"He was walking back and they said that they had a complaint and stuff on him out here making a scene," Bruton said.

"As I was looking, they kept getting closer. They pulled the guns out. They kept getting closer and closer. You could hear them tell him to, 'Get down, get down,'" said witness Houston Harris.

"By the time I got to my son, he maneuvered away from me," said Bruton. "He went up toward the cop, he done something with his hand and about 15 to 16 cops shot rounds off on him, in his chest, his legs, everything."

Family members said there have been confusing reports about what happened, including conflicting reports about whether Jennings actually had a gun.

Family members said police have made several recent trips to their home. They said the young man had been having suicidal thoughts because of painful seizures and had tried to overdose on Friday.

Jennings aunt Brandy Smith, who was at the scene on Saturday, said police wouldn't let her intervene. She said she could have helped Jennings get the help he needed.

"I never thought it would hit this close to home," she said. "My condolences go out to the victims of the Ferguson incident. I'm living it, too. The overkill and the police department not knowing how to handle those with disabilities."

In an overnight news conference, the county attorney and police chief said the shooting was a traumatic experience for the officers involved. 

"We have to make sure that they have time to decompress, relax and clear their heads so they can be available for both the families and the KBI as witnesses," said Ottawa Police Chief Dennis P. Butler.

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation is now taking over the case, which is standard protocol in a case like this. The officers involved in the shooting have also been placed on administrative leave during the investigation, which is also routine.
Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/injuries-reported-in-ottawa-officerinvolved-shooting/27701484#ixzz3BPEQRAjh

Joseph Jennings (18): killed by police in Ottawa, KS last night

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/24/michael-brown-viewing-funeral/14542525/
ST. LOUIS — On the eve of Michael Brown's funeral Monday, the teen's parents saw their son for the first time since his death and tried to prepare for a burial that will test their strength.

At noon Sunday, about 100 family members and friends gathered for a private viewing of Brown's body at Austin A. Layne Mortuary. They gazed at Brown, who lay with his arms crossed in a gold and black casket. He wore a blue-and-white-checked shirt, a navy blue sweater vest and a neatly tied red-and-blue-striped bow tie. He showed no sign of the gunshots that ended his life Aug. 9.

Brown's parents each spent time alone with his body. Then other people came in.

"They say tomorrow is going to be the hardest day, but I think today was — just seeing my baby laying there, cold," Brown's mother, Lesley McSpadden, 34, told USA TODAY. "It did something to my heart. It's too much. It's too much."

The story of Brown has been unavoidable since the black 18-year-old was shot by a white police officer on Aug. 9. in Ferguson, Mo., but Michael Brown Sr. said seeing his son's dead body made the past two weeks real.

"It was a dream," Brown, 36, told USA TODAY. "It's a reality now. I can't really explain how I feel. I'm torn, hurt, upset and angry. I can't explain."

The shooting happened outside Oschelin's Hardware store in Ottawa. Police said they were called to the scene after reports that there was someone there with a gun.

During the encounter with officers, Joseph Jennings was shot. He was taken to a hospital, where he died of his injuries.

The victim's foster father, William Bruton, said Jennings told him he was heading to Walmart Saturday night.

"He was walking back and they said that they had a complaint and stuff on him out here making a scene," Bruton said.

"As I was looking, they kept getting closer. They pulled the guns out. They kept getting closer and closer. You could hear them tell him to, 'Get down, get down,'" said witness Houston Harris.

"By the time I got to my son, he maneuvered away from me," said Bruton. "He went up toward the cop, he done something with his hand and about 15 to 16 cops shot rounds off on him, in his chest, his legs, everything."

Family members said there have been confusing reports about what happened, including conflicting reports about whether Jennings actually had a gun.

Family members said police have made several recent trips to their home. They said the young man had been having suicidal thoughts because of painful seizures and had tried to overdose on Friday.

Jennings aunt Brandy Smith, who was at the scene on Saturday, said police wouldn't let her intervene. She said she could have helped Jennings get the help he needed.

"I never thought it would hit this close to home," she said. "My condolences go out to the victims of the Ferguson incident. I'm living it, too. The overkill and the police department not knowing how to handle those with disabilities."

In an overnight news conference, the county attorney and police chief said the shooting was a traumatic experience for the officers involved. 

"We have to make sure that they have time to decompress, relax and clear their heads so they can be available for both the families and the KBI as witnesses," said Ottawa Police Chief Dennis P. Butler.

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation is now taking over the case, which is standard protocol in a case like this. The officers involved in the shooting have also been placed on administrative leave during the investigation, which is also routine.
Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/injuries-reported-in-ottawa-officerinvolved-shooting/27701484#ixzz3BPEQRAjh

Joseph Jennings (18): killed by police in Ottawa, KS last night

View media item 1149496

Welcome to last week

Back
Top Bottom