Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

- How and why are HBCUs needed?

- Tyler Perry is the only black person to own a major studio. What serious white actor wants to be in a Tyler Perry film? :rofl:

- Wonder why? (But I've never seen this btw, black families are usually the most accepting and the other side white, asian, latino, etc are the first to disown)

That's it? :lol:

What are you even saying. W

You gonna glaze over the poor white hillbilly gets to be racist but the black man with executive power can't be? The point is anybody can be racist. Italians, Jews, Arabs, Irish, Asians we quick to give other minorities that title why is it we act like oh we can't be because we don't have any "power".

Every human has some power to make his own decisions. And if your decisions are racially guided you're a racist. Like somebody said someone came up with the black people can't be racist notion and we clinged to it

What are you even saying. W

You gonna glaze over the poor white hillbilly gets to be racist but the black man with executive power can't be? The point is anybody can be racist. Italians, Jews, Arabs, Irish, Asians we quick to give other minorities that title why is it we act like oh we can't be because we don't have any "power".

Every human has some power to make his own decisions. And if your decisions are racially guided you're a racist. Like somebody said someone came up with the black people can't be racist notion and we clinged to it

My point is all of those examples you gave are outliers

The poor white hillbilly still benefits from white privilege and the system that is in place still protects him, a black man with executive power does not have that privilege and works against the system, and his superiors are more than likely white.
Black people can be prejudice, not racist. My grandfather who escaped his lynching will call someone honky/cracker, etc, but he's not racist because the system, (i.e. government, education, healthcare, the list goes on...) does not give a damn about him. No one who looks like him or caters to his interests is truly in control at any level.

Ferguson Police Officer Justin Cosma Hog-Tied And Injured A Young Child, Lawsuit Alleges

WASHINGTON -- A Ferguson police officer who helped detain a journalist in a McDonald's earlier this month is in the midst of a civil rights lawsuit because he allegedly hog-tied a 12-year-old boy who was checking the mail at the end of his driveway.

According to a lawsuit filed in 2012 in Missouri federal court, Justin Cosma and another officer, Richard Carter, approached a 12-year-old boy who was checking the mailbox at the end of his driveway in June 2010. Cosma was an officer with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office at the time, the lawsuit states. The pair asked the boy if he'd been playing on a nearby highway, and he replied no, according to the lawsuit.

Then, the officers "became confrontational" and intimidated the child, the lawsuit claims. "Unprovoked and without cause, the deputies grabbed [the boy], choked him around the neck and threw him to the ground," it says. The boy was shirtless at the time, and allegedly "suffered bruising, choke marks, scrapes and cuts across his body."

The 12-year-old was transferred to a medical facility for treatment, but the lawsuit says Cosma and the other officer reported the incident as "assault of a law enforcement officer third degree” and “resisting/interfering with arrest, detention or stop."

Jefferson County prosecutors "refused to issue a juvenile case" against the young child, the suit says.

The allegations against Cosma were made in September 2012, shortly after he was introduced as a new officer at a Ferguson City Council meeting. Jefferson County is south of Ferguson.

Captain Ron Arnhart of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, who is a candidate for sheriff, did not respond to The Huffington Post's request for comment on the circumstances of Cosma's departure. Neither Ferguson police spokesman Tom Zoll nor Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson responded to requests for comment.

A dispatcher at the Ferguson Police Department said she would relay a message to Cosma, who was out in the field on Sunday afternoon.

Richard R. Lozano, the lawyer representing the young man in the lawsuit, declined to be interviewed due to the pending claims against Cosma and the other officer. He said he anticipates a trial date early next year. However, Lozano did provide a statement.

"The lawsuit alleges that Justin Cosma and Richard Carter, two deputies with the Jefferson County, Missouri sheriff's department in 2010, assaulted my client during an encounter on my client's driveway while his mother was inside their house. My client was 12 years old at the time, shirtless and was not suspected of any criminal behavior. He was checking the mail. The deputies approached my client and the encounter quickly escalated. My client was restrained, choked, thrown to the ground and hogtied by the two deputies. He suffered scrapes and choke marks to his neck. No charges were ever brought against my client. It is my understanding that Justin Cosma is currently an officer with the City of Ferguson," Lozano wrote.

Cosma was also one of the officers who detained journalists from HuffPost and The Washington Post earlier this month in a local McDonald's. He declined to give his name or badge number at the time, and has subsequently refused to identify himself to the press. A reader tip allowed HuffPost to match his name and face after the altercation.

While still at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, Cosma received an award for dealing with a person in psychiatric crisis, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Cosma isn't the only officer whose past has received new attention in the wake of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown and the subsequent protests in Ferguson. Eddie Boyd III, an officer who faced allegations of hitting children while serving under the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department, quietly resigned and sought employment with the Ferguson Police Department. Boyd faced three complaints of physical abuse against children between 2004 and 2006, two of which were dropped. Internal affairs sustained the third complaint against Boyd, saying there was sufficient evidence to support the allegation that he struck a 12-year-old girl in the head with a pistol, and recommended Boyd be fired. The St. Louis police chose to demote him.

Less than a year later, a teenage boy alleged that Boyd hit him in the nose with a gun, and the officer quietly resigned from his role at the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department. His license was not revoked in the ensuing lawsuit. Boyd was hired by the Ferguson Police Department sometime between July 2009 and December 2010.

St. Louis County officer Dan Page, who has been on the force for 35 years, was suspended from duty for inflammatory comments made while addressing the Oath Keepers of St. Louis and St. Charles. Page made racist and sexist remarks, called President Obama an “illegal alien,” denounced hate crime laws and spoke flippantly about violence and killings. The video, uploaded to YouTube in April, was uncovered by CNN after Page pushed anchor Don Lemon on Aug. 18 during demonstrations in Ferguson.

St. Ann Lt. Ray Albers was also suspended from duty after he threatened civilians in Ferguson, pointing his gun at them and shouting, “I will ******* kill you.” Reporter Joe Biggs was among the group being threatened.

“I can’t believe that that happened in America,” Biggs told HuffPost of the confrontation. “That’s something I’ve seen in Iraq and Afghanistan. In our country? Mind-blowing.”

Darren Wilson, the officer who shot Michael Brown, joined the Ferguson police after the city council in nearby Jennings disbanded the police department and brought in new officers over three years ago because of the poor relationship between cops and residents, the Washington Post reported.

These are the type of people Ferguson PD hire :smh:

My point is all of those examples you gave are outliers

The poor white hillbilly still benefits from white privilege and the system that is in place still protects him, a black man with executive power does not have that privilege and works against the system, and his superiors are more than likely white.

Black people can be prejudice, not racist. My grandfather who escaped his lynching will call someone honky/cracker, etc, but he's not racist because the system, (i.e. government, education, healthcare, the list goes on...) does not give a damn about him. No one who looks like him or caters to his interests is truly in control at any level.

You're conflating being racist with the practical effects of one's racism. Because a racist's beliefs and resulting actions don't result in the intended effect of the person harboring those feelings doesn't mean the person is not racist. Anyone can be a racist.

Whether or not that person's racism actually affects achieves or influences anything is unrelated.

You're conflating being racist with the practical effects of one's racism. Because a racist's beliefs and resulting actions don't result in the intended effect of the person harboring those feelings doesn't mean the person is not racist. Anyone can be a racist.

Whether or not that person's racism actually affects achieves or influences anything is unrelated.

I disagree, but OK

I see I'm on the "SWS" list...yet, I'm not even white :lol:

There can only be one side to the story yall! anything else and you will be made into a white supremacist :rofl:

I see I'm on the "SWS" list...yet, I'm not even white :lol:

There can only be one side to the story yall! anything else and you will be made into a white supremacist :rofl:
:lol: @ you thinking you have to be white to be a white supremacist...

Some of the most prejudiced and bigoted people I know are not white... They just put on extras so white people can accept them.

Not saying this is you... Just letting you know...

Marrying a white dude in certain cultures is a literal "come up" while marrying a black dude is a "step down"

My boy is dealing with this...

Its sad, man. :smh:

:lol: @ you thinking you have to be white to be a white supremacist...

Some of the most prejudiced and bigoted people I know are not white... They just put on extras so white people can accept them.

Not saying this is you... Just letting you know...

Marrying a white dude in certain cultures is a literal "come up" while marrying a black dude is a "step down"

My boy is dealing with this...

Its sad, man. :smh:

My Asian homegirl told me something like that. Wants to be white so bad :lol:

Her mom was basically about to disown her cuz she was fw a black dude

The white male is the Asian womans holy grail.
smh though white people are literally treated like royalty over in china

My godsister who's black went there and they treated her exactly the same way.

Random people running up to her in the streets and touching her hair and wanting to take pictures.

I knew a black guy who moved to Japan for a while who got a similar treatment.

He was pulling chicks left and right simply off the power of being black and/or being from america.

And they don't treat all white people like that. They treat white blondes like that.

White girl I know travels all over and when people stop her in foreign countries it's almost always cuz of her hair.

She's a natural platinum blonde and more than once she's had an entire crowd just standing around her taking photos.

It's simply cuz they don't see foreigners every day in those countries with features that aren't natural to that region.

^^^^^Weird that you say that. My girlfriend's friend just came back from Africa and a bunch of African's there did the same thing with touching her hair. She told me that they would like pet her hair as if she was an animal or something.

The white male is the Asian womans holy grail.

It's not all of the women. I mean there are so many asian women here in SF that I wouldn't even say it's the majority of them. Granted there are a lot of asian women dating white men but to lump them in one whole category would be a false statement. Give it time it time and I bet the stats could be different.

minorities can be racist....it's kinda crazy to think otherwise. the thing is, some of the examples people have used are off the wall. me being racist against white cops doesn't mean much, but when i was pulled over by a white cop for reckless driving his racist views (i assume) can cause 5 more cop cars to come within 5 minutes and me being tested sobriety tested for 20+ minutes on the side of the road which is exactly what happened. 

To get back on topic:

The officer should be tried and convicted. There's is absolutely no reason Michael Brown had to die that day. 

Unless you can explain how we got Black people. I mean if you feel like white people are the original race then explain to me how in the world we got Black people? I have no problem explaining how we got white people from Black people though...along with any other color under the sun. I don't care if you are the palest of white, dominican, chinese, irish,persian, peruvian, you are descendants of Black people, period. The deeper you go into that rabbit hole, the easier this will all make sense but you gotta set aside that distorted school history you were taught as a child especially if you grew up in america.

The color analogy is simple coloring basics. You will never get a black color from a white base nor can two whites make a Black child but two Blacks can make a white (albino).

You don't go to these great lengths to try to destroy a group of people (who have just the right melanin in their system to tend to crops in triple digit weather while others have to stay in the shade on the porch reaping the benefits of this labor) for no reason. You don't go to great lengths to kill and demean a certain group of people for no reason at all. Cowards do this for absolute reasons. To try to fool the masses into thinking otherwise while their lil 9% recessive traits are in grave danger and they know it.

I would go back in forth in great detail with all this but I'm going to leave it alone and let those who choose to seek the correct information do so or not.

And for all those racist white folks out there who think they are keeping their race "pure" by not interbreeding with Blacks need to be killing the white women who have our babies and leave Blacks alone because they are sure adding to the Black population count by having our babies who are NOT mulatto or mixed but in fact Blacks who possess every phenotype you see and yes those slanted eyes in asians, we have Africans (Ban people from Botswana) with that phenotype too.

/G\

Last edited:
The fact that it's been 2 weeks and the police haven't released any information, lets me know that Wilson is guilty. Every time they've had any thing that discredits MB character, they released it. But anything relevant can't be released because it's "part of the investigation."

Where can I donate money to Mike Brown's Family or the Freedom Fighters in Freguson.??? please post a link
All this talking is cool guys…but we have to put our money where our mouth is. White Supremacist have already raised a quarter of a million dollars for Wilson in a matter of days. This is the best time we can practice group economics
We chose to support the Equal Justice Initiative:  http://niketalk.com/t/604883/thank-...ribute-10-000-to-the-equal-justice-initiative

Amnesty International is a great choice, too, and they've opposed police brutality for ages.  We just wanted to choose something that was more focused on the US under the circumstances. 

Children's Defense Fund also has a program dedicated to countering the prison pipeline.  They were the beneficiary of our fitted cap sales and we look forward to supporting them in the future as well. 

I'm not going to lie: the money raised for Wilson makes me feel like garbage when compared to our $10,000 contribution.  However, it's better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

I've always been fond of the old Ethiopian proverb, "When spiderwebs unite, they can tie up a lion."  

Bottom line: if you're here, you're privileged.  And it's our responsibility to marshal that privilege to oppose injustice and inequality.  I'm grateful that our community gives us a platform to do so.
I posted this in the "Black Culture" Thread. here are my thoughts about America and Ferguson:

At the root of every black pathology are American History and white malice. I am tired of this idea that black people's poverty is the result of some singular lack of virtue. For the sake of argument, let's forget about slavery, American History from 1865 to 1980 has been a concerted effort to give white folks land, houses, affordable education, public sector jobs, infrastructure and pensions.

Germans Americans got 160 acre gifts from the Homestead Act. Irish Americans got subsidized Levitt Towns and people like Bill O'Reilly cite that as proof of underdog status. Italian Americans GI's got subsidies for higher education for themselves and their kids. The Irish got steady jobs as cops and firemen and civil service jobs. Polish Americans in Detroit and Chicago and Baltimore, were able to carry out white flight on the back of the Inter State System. The thriftless Scots-Irish throughout the South got Social Security while black folks were, de facto, shut out from that system.

It is also telling that in 1950 and 1960, a majority of whites, a majority of white Republicans, were fine with taxes, infrastructure spending, educational subsidies, Keynesian jobs programs and full employment monetary policies. By 1980. when black folks now had a much stronger legal claim on the treasury, white Americans, even white Democrats, became libertarians. When Government worked for whites only, Government was the solution. When it looked like black folks would be able to share in the benefits of state largess, Government became the problem.

Naturally, we didn't really become libertarian. We cut taxes for rich folks and gutted public investments but when it came to civil liberties for black people, government got bigger. White Americans could hide out in the 'burbs and watch as the police and the courts and the prison-industrial complex, in the name of the drug war, re enslaved large swaths of the black community.

If dates like 1865 or 1950 or 1985 seem like distant Antiquity to you, let us go back to the bygone days of 2005. Bank executives held minority financial education classes by day and by night, boasted about making "ghetto loans" to "mud people." That is a microcosm of the history of black-white relations in this country. get rich by stabbing black folks in the back and simultaneously, maintain the fiction that black folks are doing just fine and all they really need is more education, more thrift, more virtue. Ignore the knife in your back and just be more Victorian, black people. Just tip your hat and curtsy and hold doors for ladies and that will offset being gutted.

Here we are, nine years later and an eighteen year old young man is dead, riddled with six bullets and all white Americans can say is that the young man's real problem was a lack of discipline, thrift, sobriety and virtue. White conservatives demand that black folks ignore the bullets and wear more form fitting pants. As his mother and father grieve, white conservatives lecture blacks about the importance of fathers. It is truly a privilege when you can make large swaths of reality totally optional.

Every community can get better but the fact that black people fail to be perfect should not be a free pass for white Americans to humiliate, subjugate, plunder and abuse black Americans.
Those who've been around NT for awhile should appreciate the stark and dramatic change in perspective this represents compared to what Rex used to post to our forums years ago.  

I applaud his efforts to become a better informed citizen and I think his progress really showcases the transformative power of education.  

This is something we can all learn from.  People aren't static and cannot be reduced to their ideological positions.  Those you're arguing with today see the world as they do for a reason.   Rather than push them into an echo chamber, which would only reinforce their existing biases, we can make use of our diversity to share alternative perspectives, promote mutual understanding, and help to broaden the worldviews of those who might otherwise have limited contact with those outside their own narrow social sphere.  In so doing, we're working to realize the promise and potential of shared online spaces.  That's what forums like ours should be all about. 

Even though some positions are inherently disrespectful, we try our best to foster an environment where people can express themselves and discuss their differences in a respectful way.  It's a challenge, to be sure, but it's well worth the attempt.

I haven't always been patient on these issues myself, to put it kindly, so I truly appreciate just how patient many of you have been in this and similar threads despite the agonizing frustration.  You're doing a tremendous service to the community and to the values you represent. 

minorities can be racist....it's kinda crazy to think otherwise. the thing is, some of the examples people have used are off the wall. me being racist against white cops doesn't mean much, but when i was pulled over by a white cop for reckless driving his racist views (i assume) can cause 5 more cop cars to come within 5 minutes and me being tested sobriety tested for 20+ minutes on the side of the road which is exactly what happened. 

To get back on topic:

The officer should be tried and convicted. There's is absolutely no reason Michael Brown had to die that day. 

Black people cannot disenfranchise white people systematically.

Racism is a system of the white male power structure.

Last edited:
smh though white people are literally treated like royalty over in china

:lol: because they know that whites are the main reason they look like that. Check their recent ancestry. Europeans were all up in that area mixing with chinese and is also why chinese and japanese don't look exactly alike...well not from a phenotype standpoint with those wide noses and bigger lips. Europeans were not tryna go all the way to Japan.

I truly feel a lot of the asian women cling to Blacks like that because they either consciously or subconsciously are privy to Li Min :wink:

Back
Top Bottom