Portland at Night

What up Portland NTers. I'm going to a design conference at the Portland Art Institute which will be briskly followed by alcohol consumption Friday +Saturday night. What is there to do at night?

I suggest drinking heavily, and then going to Khav Kalash's house and singing "Rock you like a hurricane"on the front porch until his mom callsthe police (takes maybe 25 minutes for the record)

there's plenty of bars down around burnside and 2-4th. and of course portland is known for having the most strip clubs per capita in the US, with fullnudity. depends on what you're into tho.. rawkus meathead bar scene (mcfaddens), low key pool shuffleboard smokey bars (black cat), hipster.. .wellwhatever it is they do. I know you said you were going to be out on FRI/SAT but if you happen to be here on THURS, then the fix at someday lounge is dope. revshines from lifesavers and some other talent do it up free every thurs. anyhow hope you have fun!
PEAS

too bad you are not going there like say 40 years ago. I heard an awesome story about burnside. My boss used to live in seaside and they would take trips to POand when they did his dads favorite thing to do wa to make a run to burnside. Apparently back then it was really down and out, skid row like and most of thepeople were badly crippled (remember this was before drugs like meth and crack changed the homeless population from the lgit down and out to junkies) anyway hesaid there were a lot of cripples, and amputees etc. Tey would pull up and throw change at them an watch them fight for it. He said hewatched a guy with nolegs whip a dude with no arms over like a buck in small change.

Awesome.

If you're a shirt guy check out low Burnside and places like Kels/Barbattis/Thirsty Lion/McFaddens. Plenty douchey indeed. BarXV isn't bad ifyou're feelin low-key and want to just get a table/i've never made it over to their dance area (hate dancing...). Blitz on 10th/Couch kinda has a Brofactor but isn't a bad sports bar either w/ pool/etc.

We always check out Someday Lounge on 5th/Couch too right next to Compound...cool spot on 1st Thursdays if you'll be out then. The girls are cute and notsorority types like at the Burnside/3rd spots. I like the NW Belmont/Burnside spots too like Belmont Inn...but those are less clean and places to just gettrashed.

Are you staying on the East or West side of the river?

I remember I was supposed to meet a friend at XV once...i walked past it a good 4 times before I realized the name was in roman numerals...I was actuallylooking for "15" instead of "XV"
smh

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For months my friends have been telling me we're gonna go there....we...just haven't gotten around to it. I've heard stories though.

Alphanumeric party tonight FTW.

pimp.gif

the copper penny is full of wangstas, hood rats, fat chicks, and late 20 to 30 year old people

I hate that dump

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I remember I was supposed to meet a friend at XV once...i walked past it a good 4 times before I realized the name was in roman numerals...I was actually looking for "15" instead of "XV"
smh

it is terrible to mistake that mistake if you are a jordan kind of guy E.

good looks guys. I remember hitting some dive bar on Ash x 3rd one night and the other rolling like 25 deep to Cassidy's. I also went to Upper Playgroundand the girl and guy working there were pushing the strip clubs on me like they worked there at night.

Is it true there is a club there were you can pretend to ball it up and buy $6 champagne bottles?

Compound/Just Be is the piff.

B1LLY HOYLE - Sam was telling me how you were caking up like a bakery, ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom