Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

chicago footlockers that still have them got them marked down to 130

Yeah your right i seen them around for $130 at one Footaction at the Brickyard 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe the next 50 i'll cop another pair
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I may not be a rocket scientist, but it seems to me that if certain shoes are selling well, while most arent, and thats why there hasn't been an EA lately, that they would just exclude the shoes selling well, or limit them to one per employee, and let people buy the stuff that isn't selling well on the EA

I may not be a rocket scientist, but it seems to me that if certain shoes are selling well, while most arent, and thats why there hasn't been an EA lately, that they would just exclude the shoes selling well, or limit them to one per employee, and let people buy the stuff that isn't selling well on the EA

Originally Posted by Brum90

I think there's a lot of truth in both sides of this situation. I've got a connect who is a DM right now, and he told me directly from the last meeting he went to that the company is killing right now. At the meeting it was stated that basically something catastrophic would have to happen for the company to not meet Fiscal year goals at this point.

So I'm not really sure where I stand on this. I agree with all the comments about all the product sitting on shelves and collecting dust, but at the same time, FL's making $ somewhere if they are on pace to hit goals for the year.
Accessories my good man Accessories..... I've worked in both a Footlocker and a Footaction within the last year and I can honestly say I've seen an improvement in accessories. Even during the 50s accessories been getting BANGED out and thats like 99% profit for footlocker. Not to mention tees, and basketball shorts which probably cost about $1 to make max but is then sold for 10x that.
laugh.gif

Been watching this thread for a while and been meaning to comment. I don't recall seeing Supa in this joint neither, I know there are a couple other footlocker employee who might be a little more informed (I only work like once a week now because of school) but I can say I've heard the same rumor regarding the Employee Discount Cards, and possibly even the 500.00 limit for each month. I know alot of employees would be a bit disappointed if it happens but there really is nothing we can do. My whole train of thought is rules are made to be broken anyways. All I gotta do is find someone in the store that doesnt buy kicks then I will have at least 900 (they may spend 100 on fam) at my disposal each month.... Heck I'm getting out the game myself so it doesn't really matter...

I hope the 50 continues to thrive. The company didn't comp the last two 50s but I know we will have one pre and post christmas

Originally Posted by Brum90

I think there's a lot of truth in both sides of this situation. I've got a connect who is a DM right now, and he told me directly from the last meeting he went to that the company is killing right now. At the meeting it was stated that basically something catastrophic would have to happen for the company to not meet Fiscal year goals at this point.

So I'm not really sure where I stand on this. I agree with all the comments about all the product sitting on shelves and collecting dust, but at the same time, FL's making $ somewhere if they are on pace to hit goals for the year.
Accessories my good man Accessories..... I've worked in both a Footlocker and a Footaction within the last year and I can honestly say I've seen an improvement in accessories. Even during the 50s accessories been getting BANGED out and thats like 99% profit for footlocker. Not to mention tees, and basketball shorts which probably cost about $1 to make max but is then sold for 10x that.
laugh.gif

Been watching this thread for a while and been meaning to comment. I don't recall seeing Supa in this joint neither, I know there are a couple other footlocker employee who might be a little more informed (I only work like once a week now because of school) but I can say I've heard the same rumor regarding the Employee Discount Cards, and possibly even the 500.00 limit for each month. I know alot of employees would be a bit disappointed if it happens but there really is nothing we can do. My whole train of thought is rules are made to be broken anyways. All I gotta do is find someone in the store that doesnt buy kicks then I will have at least 900 (they may spend 100 on fam) at my disposal each month.... Heck I'm getting out the game myself so it doesn't really matter...

I hope the 50 continues to thrive. The company didn't comp the last two 50s but I know we will have one pre and post christmas

I've always hated this 50 off anyway. I've been at the mall during the 50 and I see employees from footlocker (in uniform) at a footaction store hooking their buddies up with the discount and get tipped. Then the employee ringing them up allows this crap to happen! You can say that I'm bitter that I don't benefit from the sale an I'll tell you you're right.

Crap, I can't even walk in and make an exchange with a receipt without getting 20 questions and a 30 minute inspection of the shoe I'm returning with the box. I try to avoid all footlockers and footactions.

The whole process sucks. Sorry to vent.

I've always hated this 50 off anyway. I've been at the mall during the 50 and I see employees from footlocker (in uniform) at a footaction store hooking their buddies up with the discount and get tipped. Then the employee ringing them up allows this crap to happen! You can say that I'm bitter that I don't benefit from the sale an I'll tell you you're right.

Crap, I can't even walk in and make an exchange with a receipt without getting 20 questions and a 30 minute inspection of the shoe I'm returning with the box. I try to avoid all footlockers and footactions.

Originally Posted by eciaccord

Should have blackmailed them lol

Should have blackmailed them lol

^ you're right. I should have been the "aww hell no! Where's my discount?" person standing in line.

^ you're right. I should have been the "aww hell no! Where's my discount?" person standing in line.

this is a big pet peeve of mine, too many company puppet employees who wanna get patted on the back and be told "good boy" by their district managers.    i won't lie i know footlockers return exchange policy and i abuse it to the fullest extent but i find it funny how employees will be extra nice and polite when they think your buying something but when they see you walk back in the store with a footlocker bag regardless if you have a receipt or not, a good chunk of them treat you like you spit in their face which is silly because the shoes your returning/exchanging don't belong to them and their not losing money so what's the big deal.

i've had employees and managers at stores i don't have connects at try and make their own rules up regarding returns and exchanges and only for them to backstep when i either threaten to call corporate right in front of them or ask them to print a receipt because it has the companys return exchange policy on it, not the employees made up policy.

regarding 50%'s i have connects, i take care of my connects, it is what it is and it's part of the game to me,  however i'm very discrete when it comes to getting my stuff, i don't wanna risk getting my connects in trouble so i try to be as considerate to them.  you have dudes hooking their friends up and making it beyond obvious in front of regular customers and if i was a regular customer knowing the guy in front of me is getting the same shoes for half off while im paying full price i'd be pissed too, that's on the employees and the friends their hooking up though, they need to be much more discrete when they do it because if their making it obvious for the world to see that certain people got the hookup while most don't, it's going to be alot of people that will get upset about it.

this is a big pet peeve of mine, too many company puppet employees who wanna get patted on the back and be told "good boy" by their district managers.    i won't lie i know footlockers return exchange policy and i abuse it to the fullest extent but i find it funny how employees will be extra nice and polite when they think your buying something but when they see you walk back in the store with a footlocker bag regardless if you have a receipt or not, a good chunk of them treat you like you spit in their face which is silly because the shoes your returning/exchanging don't belong to them and their not losing money so what's the big deal.

i've had employees and managers at stores i don't have connects at try and make their own rules up regarding returns and exchanges and only for them to backstep when i either threaten to call corporate right in front of them or ask them to print a receipt because it has the companys return exchange policy on it, not the employees made up policy.

regarding 50%'s i have connects, i take care of my connects, it is what it is and it's part of the game to me,  however i'm very discrete when it comes to getting my stuff, i don't wanna risk getting my connects in trouble so i try to be as considerate to them.  you have dudes hooking their friends up and making it beyond obvious in front of regular customers and if i was a regular customer knowing the guy in front of me is getting the same shoes for half off while im paying full price i'd be pissed too, that's on the employees and the friends their hooking up though, they need to be much more discrete when they do it because if their making it obvious for the world to see that certain people got the hookup while most don't, it's going to be alot of people that will get upset about it.

The only reason why footlockers fiscal numbers or whatever crap is killing is because last year they had terrible numbers, so if they did worse than last year the company would be in big trouble.

The only reason why footlockers fiscal numbers or whatever crap is killing is because last year they had terrible numbers, so if they did worse than last year the company would be in big trouble.

i remember when limits used to be hiigh and u could get as much as u wanted on the 30. and a cpl gs on the 50, miss the old days. used to go to the mall and by everything on release date and get multiples like crazy. all footlocker is doing is messing up there money, they dont understand the more discounts there is. the more they sell. that s y all of these stores cant make the day.

i remember when limits used to be hiigh and u could get as much as u wanted on the 30. and a cpl gs on the 50, miss the old days. used to go to the mall and by everything on release date and get multiples like crazy. all footlocker is doing is messing up there money, they dont understand the more discounts there is. the more they sell. that s y all of these stores cant make the day.

Back
Top Bottom