Possible Bad News Concerning FL Employee Appreciation And Employee Discount

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by eciaccord

I've always hated this 50 off anyway. I've been at the mall during the 50 and I see employees from footlocker (in uniform) at a footaction store hooking their buddies up with the discount and get tipped. Then the employee ringing them up allows this crap to happen! You can say that I'm bitter that I don't benefit from the sale an I'll tell you you're right.

Crap, I can't even walk in and make an exchange with a receipt without getting 20 questions and a 30 minute inspection of the shoe I'm returning with the box. I try to avoid all footlockers and footactions.

The whole process sucks. Sorry to vent.
this is a big pet peeve of mine, too many company puppet employees who wanna get patted on the back and be told "good boy" by their district managers.    i won't lie i know footlockers return exchange policy and i abuse it to the fullest extent but i find it funny how employees will be extra nice and polite when they think your buying something but when they see you walk back in the store with a footlocker bag regardless if you have a receipt or not, a good chunk of them treat you like you spit in their face which is silly because the shoes your returning/exchanging don't belong to them and their not losing money so what's the big deal.

i've had employees and managers at stores i don't have connects at try and make their own rules up regarding returns and exchanges and only for them to backstep when i either threaten to call corporate right in front of them or ask them to print a receipt because it has the companys return exchange policy on it, not the employees made up policy.

regarding 50%'s i have connects, i take care of my connects, it is what it is and it's part of the game to me,  however i'm very discrete when it comes to getting my stuff, i don't wanna risk getting my connects in trouble so i try to be as considerate to them.  you have dudes hooking their friends up and making it beyond obvious in front of regular customers and if i was a regular customer knowing the guy in front of me is getting the same shoes for half off while im paying full price i'd be pissed too, that's on the employees and the friends their hooking up though, they need to be much more discrete when they do it because if their making it obvious for the world to see that certain people got the hookup while most don't, it's going to be alot of people that will get upset about it.
Actually someone is. Whoever sold that to you loses out on the commission for that sale. Granted it's not a lot of money, but that's still a loss on someones personal as well as the stores sales goal. An $150 loss is a big deal for a low volume store especially if you have a few of those during the day. Everything at footlocker is performance based and you have DM's breathing down managers necks if their store isn't hitting their goals and it all trickles down from there. An employee having a bunch of returns in the week can be the difference between them and someone else getting more hours and better shifts and so on. I understand people have to return things sometimes, but please don't do it right when the store is getting ready to close. That is seriously the most annoying thing ever.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by eciaccord

I've always hated this 50 off anyway. I've been at the mall during the 50 and I see employees from footlocker (in uniform) at a footaction store hooking their buddies up with the discount and get tipped. Then the employee ringing them up allows this crap to happen! You can say that I'm bitter that I don't benefit from the sale an I'll tell you you're right.

Crap, I can't even walk in and make an exchange with a receipt without getting 20 questions and a 30 minute inspection of the shoe I'm returning with the box. I try to avoid all footlockers and footactions.

The whole process sucks. Sorry to vent.
this is a big pet peeve of mine, too many company puppet employees who wanna get patted on the back and be told "good boy" by their district managers.    i won't lie i know footlockers return exchange policy and i abuse it to the fullest extent but i find it funny how employees will be extra nice and polite when they think your buying something but when they see you walk back in the store with a footlocker bag regardless if you have a receipt or not, a good chunk of them treat you like you spit in their face which is silly because the shoes your returning/exchanging don't belong to them and their not losing money so what's the big deal.

i've had employees and managers at stores i don't have connects at try and make their own rules up regarding returns and exchanges and only for them to backstep when i either threaten to call corporate right in front of them or ask them to print a receipt because it has the companys return exchange policy on it, not the employees made up policy.

regarding 50%'s i have connects, i take care of my connects, it is what it is and it's part of the game to me,  however i'm very discrete when it comes to getting my stuff, i don't wanna risk getting my connects in trouble so i try to be as considerate to them.  you have dudes hooking their friends up and making it beyond obvious in front of regular customers and if i was a regular customer knowing the guy in front of me is getting the same shoes for half off while im paying full price i'd be pissed too, that's on the employees and the friends their hooking up though, they need to be much more discrete when they do it because if their making it obvious for the world to see that certain people got the hookup while most don't, it's going to be alot of people that will get upset about it.
Actually someone is. Whoever sold that to you loses out on the commission for that sale. Granted it's not a lot of money, but that's still a loss on someones personal as well as the stores sales goal. An $150 loss is a big deal for a low volume store especially if you have a few of those during the day. Everything at footlocker is performance based and you have DM's breathing down managers necks if their store isn't hitting their goals and it all trickles down from there. An employee having a bunch of returns in the week can be the difference between them and someone else getting more hours and better shifts and so on. I understand people have to return things sometimes, but please don't do it right when the store is getting ready to close. That is seriously the most annoying thing ever.

^

i feel you but most of my exchanges are without receipt so no employee is losing commision because there is no employee number to type in with no receipt. i dunno i just take it the wrong way when some manager lies to my face and says "we don't do exchanges without receipts" yet they backpedal and do it the minute i threaten to call corporate on them because i know the policy that the company wants them to follow says otherwise. the policy is the policy, those are the policies their superiors made and expect them to honor and most of the time they do otherwise.

with legit returns with receipt, i've even seen employees deny those and make up their own rules to people they feel look vunerable. i was in a footaction one day looking at shoes and some middle aged lady with her 2 kids tried to return an unworn pair of shoes with her receipt, i overheard the employee tell her that they couldn't return those shoes. i went up to the lady when she was talking to the employee and told her in front of the employees face, "ma'm the store has their return policy printed on the back of the receipt, read that because their trying to give you the run around" she got her money back, and i got a dirty look from some sales hungry assistant manager. returns should be honored when the customer has receipt at anytime (only exception would be if the store just opened and the customer wanted to do a big cash return since the store would be left with hardly any money in the register after that return), yeah it's a hassle to do a return around closing time but who knows what that customers schedule is, perhaps they work 6 days a week and have other plans throughout the day, and that's the only time they have to make it to the mall

when it comes to reaching days, i know how that is, i was a manager for a retail store. if someone wanted to do a return and it could affect our day, i would use the buisness sense in me to try to work something out with them, i would tell them the situation about trying to make the day and offer them some sort of discount on a future purchase if they could come back the next day to do the return.

at the end of the day the whole retail system is screwed up which is why i would never work retail again. dm's have unrealstic sales goals and don't understand that even when you nag a customer over and over again a good chunk of the time there still going to say no about getting those insoles or cleaners.

^

i feel you but most of my exchanges are without receipt so no employee is losing commision because there is no employee number to type in with no receipt. i dunno i just take it the wrong way when some manager lies to my face and says "we don't do exchanges without receipts" yet they backpedal and do it the minute i threaten to call corporate on them because i know the policy that the company wants them to follow says otherwise. the policy is the policy, those are the policies their superiors made and expect them to honor and most of the time they do otherwise.

with legit returns with receipt, i've even seen employees deny those and make up their own rules to people they feel look vunerable. i was in a footaction one day looking at shoes and some middle aged lady with her 2 kids tried to return an unworn pair of shoes with her receipt, i overheard the employee tell her that they couldn't return those shoes. i went up to the lady when she was talking to the employee and told her in front of the employees face, "ma'm the store has their return policy printed on the back of the receipt, read that because their trying to give you the run around" she got her money back, and i got a dirty look from some sales hungry assistant manager. returns should be honored when the customer has receipt at anytime (only exception would be if the store just opened and the customer wanted to do a big cash return since the store would be left with hardly any money in the register after that return), yeah it's a hassle to do a return around closing time but who knows what that customers schedule is, perhaps they work 6 days a week and have other plans throughout the day, and that's the only time they have to make it to the mall

when it comes to reaching days, i know how that is, i was a manager for a retail store. if someone wanted to do a return and it could affect our day, i would use the buisness sense in me to try to work something out with them, i would tell them the situation about trying to make the day and offer them some sort of discount on a future purchase if they could come back the next day to do the return.

at the end of the day the whole retail system is screwed up which is why i would never work retail again. dm's have unrealstic sales goals and don't understand that even when you nag a customer over and over again a good chunk of the time there still going to say no about getting those insoles or cleaners.

Yeah the system is pretty screwed up. There are a lot of outside factors that can effect the sales for the day, but that never gets taken into consideration. All they see is the final number and assume people are not doing their jobs. Just yesterday I lost out on a pair of Lebrons, some true flights, and 2 packs of socks because there was some network problems and our register couldn't do credit card purchases or stock locates. Honestly I would never want to be a manager at these places. You work crazy long weeks for mediocre pay and have stress from these unrealistic goals that are set for you.

Yeah the system is pretty screwed up. There are a lot of outside factors that can effect the sales for the day, but that never gets taken into consideration. All they see is the final number and assume people are not doing their jobs. Just yesterday I lost out on a pair of Lebrons, some true flights, and 2 packs of socks because there was some network problems and our register couldn't do credit card purchases or stock locates. Honestly I would never want to be a manager at these places. You work crazy long weeks for mediocre pay and have stress from these unrealistic goals that are set for you.

Back
Top Bottom