Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

Nah, it's certainly not serious to me either.

I own 2 JE dual zip hoodies but have bought and returned 2 villains and a pair of the coast denim before.

I was honestly let down a bit in terms of quality. So much hype and praise but it's nothing special. I prefer the dual zips over the villains but even those are just marginally better than some brands, if at all. The RiRi zippers are nice and the fit is pretty nice but enough to justify the price?? Nope! Both of mine were bought discounted.

I'd consider Reigning Champ, W+H, etc of the same or more quality. JE's minimalist aesthetic and marketing/following is very effective though.

I only posted the H&M because it is a rip jeans alternative just like when a plethora of biker jeans alternative that was posted. You know some likes the styles posted but not everyone could drop $500+ on ripped jeans or aren't comfortable but wants to give it a try and for $17 and to see if they can pull off or try the breezy feeling of ripped jeans, it isn't going to hurt your pockets if it turns out you don't like it.
I can appreciate the posting of alternatives. I bought a pair of the Dark brown/suede Leather Chelsea Boots from H&M using this rationale. I wanted to try the style out first before I spent a few hundred dollars on a nice pair. I've been enjoying wearing them and the quality is better than I expected. However, I'm not sure if I would spend "high-end" money on a pair of Chelsea boots just yet.
I don't think many take it too seriously, just a discussion in an otherwise quiet thread.

I thought JEs quality was pretty good? I don't own any but heard they are made well and feels good and aren't made in some factory in China?

Then again there are JE fanboys just like Kanyes that will swear by the product because they were there first then curse them once they go mainstream.
laugh.gif
I think JE quality is pretty good but I will admit I am a fanboy.

Do you guys consider APC and ACNE to be "high-end"? If not, how would you define them?

I think they are in the gray area of high-end and designer, I think those two classification can be distinguished here? I think it might be easier that way.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably put JE on the designer column than high-end.

I'd put Acne and APC above JE in the designer column a notch closer to high-end because both can go up there in price but not as crazy as SLP, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Margiela, etc...

I feel like high end is a subset of designer and within each (designer and high end), there exist brands along a continuum of prestige/quality/pricepoint and what constitutes high-end isn't particularly definitive, creating that grey area, in which APC and ACNE fall?

Well that comparison is exaggerated a bit. :lol: Obviously a $200 hoody will look paltry next to a $4k coat. But a $15 Champion hoody will also look paltry next to the $200 JE hoody. Again that will vary by perspective. Better comparison to prove JE isn't high-end is to point out the difference between it and a Balmain hoody.

But when it comes to baiscs, the difference in quality becomes much more difficult to justify similar to the t-shirt discussion a while back and why others cost $400 while some cost less than $10. The diminishing returns happens a lot faster when it comes to basics. Like JE Hoody is better than a Champion hoody but is it 13x better? A Balmain hoody is better than a JE hoody but is it 5x-6x better?

Plenty to consider there like where the item is made (obviously something made in Italy will cost more and likely be better in comparison to China), the cut, the stitching, the wash/finish, the style, etc...

I do think it is easier to just define this thread as a DESIGNER thread than simply exclusive to high-end only.

Keep in mind that I didn't start this thread, it branched off from the shoe thread I started.

Last edited:
So is the Theory brand, being that it's a minimalist design, "high-end"?

Are we accounting price? Quality? Design? Couture?

JE is still a mid level brand. But seems like they are trying to get more into the HE line of things

Anyway I still think it will be mid level not matter what moves it makes. Once they drop a 3k coat or something I'll know what's up :lol:

Still my fav brand along with saint Laurent

Not a fan of either really but the right looks much better than the left in my opinion.

Last edited:
Kev, I like the right side jacket but I like the left side fitting.

Dope Camo...I am a huge fan of camo

Last edited:
Between the two...

Right for sure including the fit.

Don't like the fringe on the left.

Marmourjr, yeah the one with the fringes have a much tighter fit (better IMO), that one is sz 50 where the one with gold pipings is size 46.

RFX, yeah I chose the right one at the end, I don't hate the fringes but I think it might go out of style quick. Right one goes better with my other wardrobe.

Not a fan of either really but the right looks much better than the left in my opinion.

That happens a lot with SLP pieces for me too, they grow on me afterward, especially if you try them on. Very strange with this brand, never fell in love with them at the first sight lol.

I hate to be that guy, but I would just go to a surplus store and drop $20 on a camo shirt and maybe another $20 on tailoring.

I can justify $800 jeans and $1,200 boots but $2k for something like just doesn't seem right.

"But it ain't SLP though!"

I hate to be that guy, but I would just go to a surplus store and drop $20 on a camo shirt and maybe another $20 on tailoring.

I can justify $800 jeans and $1,200 boots but $2k for something like just doesn't seem right.

"But it ain't SLP though!"

The boots and jeans thing is whatever even tho Quality jeans on the high end are at about 5-600 and not the 800 most brands who don't focus on denim charge but shoes and jeans prices are cool

That particular camo jacket, especially after seeing it in person is not a 1800 dollar jacket. So yeah I'd rather do like you said and make my own

But it's an endless debate

Its pretty easy to see what is deemed high end in this thread so why post s 30 dollar pair of jeans from H&M?

Yeah we do, this is one thread im frequent in and I can't stand when people talk about brands that aren't HE/ luxury. Take the **** somewhere else this isn't the place for it.
Agreed, take that H&M/Zara stuff to the dressing better thread

I try to ignore you as much as possible because you only really troll this and the DB thread and all you really do is try to rustle jimmies and cause chaos, which you did by pointing out the H&M I posted. You're finally languishing in it after several posts that got no reaction at all, which probably pains you and now you got some riled up. You finally got some to bite.

But if you do not understand why I posted it, which has been done for years here from biker jeans to 3.1 sweats, from Balmain Zara rip-offs to SLP H&M rip-offs, the brands/styles that many ask for a cheaper alternative, then I don't know what to tell you. Hell the first post got RL coats in it. I would say to go and re-read or try and understand the posts but then you wouldn't be trolling if you actually did that so I doubt it'll happen.

You have really contributed absolutely nothing to the thread and try to cause chaos. I mean didn't you suggest Asos a while back?

BTW, you can find that jacket at ASOS for like 150 which ain't bad

Then tried to rustle jimmies by calling out ripped jeans saying AF makes them? I mean if it isn't a high-end brand then why are you mentioning it?

Doesn't AF sell ripped jeans like this?

Then tried to further to rile things up with this?

Its funny yall Lenny been rocking ripped jeans for over 20 years and its just now becoming a high fashion thing

But you know, no one bit and that probably made you sad.

Then you try to make fun of the thread and the clothes in it that no one is even trying to talk about:

Its all about risks.....

1007122000_1_large.jpg

No one got riled up so you post it again 3 days later to try again...

Its all about risks.....

1007122000_1_large.jpg

Further trolling and trying to get to people to response...

Yall in here really buying Michael Jackson pants

But you know, no one was biting.

And just another post of yours about biker jean alternative that you are promoting that isn't high-end that completely negates your complaint about SLP alternatives being posted.

Moto Jeans are amazing though. Waiting for a Ugly Bros sale

I mean that is the majority of your posts in this thread and it's glaringly obvious it is the only thing you do, try and cause friction between members and get them arguing.

This post probably risks you posting further and drag the argument further to get under peoples skin but it ain't going to work, at least not from me.

As I always say with all trolls, go ahead and post to have your last word so we can finally just move on and I can continue to ignore you.

Back
Top Bottom