Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames.... Really want the brown joints. $650 my limit on kicks though , can't drop $900

Last edited:

Flames.... Really want the brown joints. $650 my limit on kicks though , can't drop $900

I was just about to post. CL shoulda released them red joints before Xmas. Now I want these instead. A lot cheaper too.

They are regular SLP with fringes......

I'm hypin myself.

Time for a sleeping pill.

Last edited:
So hender scheme just takes other companies' designs and make more expensive, higher quality versions? Do they sell some original designed stuff too?

So hender scheme just takes other companies' designs and make more expensive, higher quality versions? Do they sell some original designed stuff too?
They mostly do dress shoe kinda stuff and various leather goods. Still confused at all the negativity toward Hender Scheme. Celine AF1's, baby leopard SLP skate shoes, Margiela Gat trainers, all the LV/luxury runners, etc., all copies and deviations but they all got the green light in this thread. HS does what any pretty much every luxury brand does, but they always spark a discussion here about brand imitation.   

Last edited:
I don't even know what people here are complaining about? They think Hender Scheme just replicate an EXACT Jordan model with premium leather, selling them for $1k without paying Nike??

Copying AF1s and Vans skate shoes and NB runners aren't as big of a problem because they tend to be standard designs, it's like copying chucks, that design is just simple and somewhat of a neutral (if that makes sense?).

Plus I think you are just mistaking getting the "green light" to no one really caring much. There are barely any interest in them while there are some with HS. Lanvin got blasted here when they made a show that looked like a III and IV hybrid and then it was never mentioned again because the design wasn't as blatant.

Also, Air Jordans has more of a distinct design, just look at the IVs and you can see how much more detail and work is put into the shoe than the Vans Era or even the AF1s. Plus most here grew up and has an attachment to those brands and designs like Cortez, AF1 and IVs for example so some resent when those are so blatantly copied.

It also doesn't help that HS mainstream exposure is all about shoes they copied almost perfectly just with different materials. Like you said, other brands change something and makes their own variation of the shoe. Plus it can easily be argued that LV, Celine and SLP has more "original" shoes (or a variation of their shoes that makes them more distinct?) than just copies while HS is mostly just copies and they do not seem to be stopping anytime soon, they'll just keep cranking out more and more. They literally change nothing from the shoes while if you look at LVs NB rip-off and you'll see they added stuff, Celines AF1 has different lines, etc...

If HS made a lot of other original sneaker designs and just made a copy of one or two pairs then I don't think they'll get as much flack but since most (if not all) their sneaker offerings are just copies of other shoes, then yes there will be people who will dislike them because they are practically stealing the design/style/concept to a tee.

And you can't even put MMM GATs in the discussion, it was an obvious homage and they admit it too. They have a tag that says "replica" and lists the origins of the item they are copying. Plus they were the first to make GATs mainstream and popular. I mean who really made GATs before Margiela? The only way you can get them is to actually go to Germany and buy some cheap, generic pair. It's not like they are taking it from Guccis original design and declaring it as their original concept and even then they do not look exactly the same, maybe MMM is just made of better materials so the shape and silhouette looks better than the original?

I really have no problem with HS, they are a cool concept but not enough to buy. If they pull off a pair of Vandals then I might take a plunge and get a pair.

I don't even know what people here are complaining about? They think Hender Scheme just replicate an EXACT Jordan model with premium leather, selling them for $1k without paying Nike??

To be fair, I don't think they are paying Nike.

I'm sure there's some loophole they've discovered. That's more plausible than them setting up some sort of arrangement with Nike.

Since HS isn't based in the US, there is a good chance that copyright laws are different enough that it might not affect them?

I remember the flyknit lawsuit by Nike to Adidas' primeknit and since the US and Europe(rest of the world?) have different and varying copyright laws (especially on fashion designs) which meant that in the US the primeknits couldn't be sold while in Europe there were no hold in the sale of that particular material. The case was also tried by different courts iirc.

Design just happens to be very difficult to copyright, there's plenty of news and article about this if you guys want to read up on it. There was a "Fashion Bill" that passed a few years ago that protected some designs to an extent but not fully. But that is only in the US so one design might be an infringement in the US while outside of the country it isn't.

In the case fo NB suing LV, I do think LV could have won that if they really threw all their lawyers in the case since proving that they are stealing NBs market and that the design is exact (you can change one thing and declare it to be different) would have been very, very difficult. However I think LV just didn't want the hassle and bad publicity and it was just easier to pull all the shoes since they don't make them in big numbers like Nike does anyways.

I think he might be talking about the existing hi-top design they had that they simply added fringes on them like those SLPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom