Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you found out your favorite fashions houses subjected their workers poorly or realized the insane mark up they truly make on their retail price, would you honestly stop purchasing from them along with push others to do the same?
Not sure, but having watched this movie, has definitely made me think.

We can't play a small game by thinking: "I can't make a difference if I'm the only one to stop buying from these brands"

I'm not asking you (not specifically you) to stop buying anything, but I just want to know people's feelings towards it. 

And hey, I'm not trying to convey a "high-horse" attitude. Hell, I'm a shopping addict!

But, I feel like I've taken a small does of the "red pill" and have began to think about my shopping choices.

If you found out your favorite fashions houses subjected their workers poorly or realized the insane mark up they truly make on their retail price, would you honestly stop purchasing from them along with push others to do the same?
Actually he has a good point.

I stopped eating certain foods after horrible visualizations. 

I'm not arguing against his.

Just posting another talking point.
I see the point for sure.

It seems like some companies (Nike comes to mind) that have such a stronghold on the sportswear industry that it is almost impossible to avoid buying things from them.

But I think the most important thing is awareness and knowledge. And with that, we can start building a foundation.

But that's exactly it. The world knows what Nike has been doing to its workers and if anything, they are stronger than ever lol.

Price hikes left and right (particularly with JB) but cats still out here giving up the dough.

Guys,

Have any of you watched "True Cost"? It's a documentary on fashion and its impact on the earth and the lives of those who are involved in the manufacturing of the clothing. 

I've recently given a lot of thought about where my clothes are made, and under what conditions these workers are subjected to.

Are high end shoes/clothes made in factories where the employees are treated humanely? Or are my Margielas made the same way that my Nikes are made?

What are your thoughts on this subject? 

Sorry for the thread derailment, but it's something to think about.

I don't really care, respectfully. There are so many things going in the world people should care more about but don't let alone my life would be miserable if I did.

Last edited:
one thing that rustles my jimmy is when environmental consciousness is exploited and used as a marketing scheme.

dont give me this better world bull crap and updated tech when its just a gimmick for cheaper and synthetic material.

one thing that rustles my jimmy is when environmental consciousness is exploited and used as a marketing scheme.

dont give me this better world bull crap and updated tech when its just a gimmick for cheaper and synthetic material.
Environmental consciousness? Such as?

In the movie, people mention the pesticides that are being used to help "protect" the cotton plants and how the overspray is being taken by the wind into the adjacent villages. Chemical runoffs are also mentioned, that all of the liquid used in manufacturing plants are being dumped into a reservoir, but where does the reservoir go? Into rivers and streams.

Environmental consciousness is as big a part of the fashion industry as workers rights.

In the movie, people mention the pesticides that are being used to help "protect" the cotton plants and how the overspray is being taken by the wind into the adjacent villages. Chemical runoffs are also mentioned, that all of the liquid used in manufacturing plants are being dumped into a reservoir, but where does the reservoir go? Into rivers and streams.

Environmental consciousness is as big a part of the fashion industry as workers rights.
NO I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PSEUDO MARKETING STRATEGY THAT BUSINESSES USE.

LIKE NIKE BETTER WORLD

RO THAT STUPID TOMBS WE FINNA GIVE SHOES AWAY SCHTICK

NO I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PSEUDO MARKETING STRATEGY THAT BUSINESSES USE.

LIKE NIKE BETTER WORLD

RO THAT STUPID TOMBS WE FINNA GIVE SHOES AWAY SCHTICK
Oh true, I misunderstood you at first famb.

There we go, that's the RobinThicke I remember lol.

Earlier today before the rain

story et falls are real clean

everybody in here bout to have a pair lol

henn what is your total number now? you wear to work a lot?

ooo and shady...................nike...............arent they a terrible company?

jus3 jus3 they are size 40. I think they fit the same as sl10h. Both are slightly roomy on me. I also have dress socks on right now. If I wore thicker socks I think they'd be a nice comfortable fit.

al audi al audi I have these, a beater pair of H&M, Ardoise BV (too big; need to sell), both suede CPs should be here shortly. The khaki pair shipped out today.

I got Visvims a year back, and just recently picked up the CP chelsea boots in khaki--never really used any repellant product on any shoes, but was thinking about trying out Jason Marrk's Repel--anyone on here have input/experience on using that product/if it damages or changes the color at all of the suede?

Last edited:
Henny lemme get that BV for SEF price doe

Last edited:
ShadyKay is True Cost online to watch?

Dr King I watched that movie "Ex Machina" the other day, damn she played him in the end lol

man there was no robot sex though, I was certain he was gonna get some at least

Last edited:
Those story et falls are nice but the heel/sole looks unfinished to me. I would like to see them with some kind of stain on the wood. 

sunny, you can easily put a heel edge dressing to stain it a darker color. this is a common practice during shoe shining to touch up blemishes.

$5 investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom