\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

No ****.

You completely missed my point though. LS engines ROUTINELY make it to 300,000 miles. GM has produced HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of LS's. I'd say there's a very good chance that out of that huge number, at least ONE of them made it to 650,000 miles. It's simple math.

Which brings me back to what I said in the first place. It's really not that unbelievable.
Oh ok so it just happens to be that his Vette is the ONE that made it to 650k?
laugh.gif

Are you a French model?

No ****.

You completely missed my point though. LS engines ROUTINELY make it to 300,000 miles. GM has produced HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of LS's. I'd say there's a very good chance that out of that huge number, at least ONE of them made it to 650,000 miles. It's simple math.

Which brings me back to what I said in the first place. It's really not that unbelievable.

Oh ok so it just happens to be that his Vette is the ONE that made it to 650k? :lol:

Are you a French model?

I'm sure there are plenty of c5 Vettes capable of making it 500k+. His just happens to be the only one that was actually driven that many miles. Most people don't daily drive Corvettes, let alone use them to trek across the country multiple times per week.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are plenty of c5 Vettes capable of making it 500k+. His just happens to be the only one that was actually driven that many miles. Most people don't daily drive Corvettes, let alone use them to trek across the country multiple times per week.
Exactly why I don't believe his story.
laugh.gif
the usuals mad at the v8 I see
I like American muscle brah brah but I don't believe that guys story, sorry not sorry.

ikr ? leave it to the bimmerstans to try and downplay the relentless dependability of the tried and true LS1.
laugh.gif
Right because I don't believe some guys story that he put 650k on his original motor Im a hater?

I would trade my M in right now for a Stingray or Z06 so miss me with that stan ****.

Last edited:
NT, need help on what to cop..

My car is on its last leg. Starting next month I was thinking about taking the train to work 2-3 days a week from my apartment and then driving the other two (Monday and Friday). It's 25 miles round trip (driving)

Most of my driving will be on the weekends, which will only be short, city driving with a few longer trips (50 or less miles roundtrip).

Should I just get a low-mileage lease? Or purchase? Either way, since I won't be driving more than 150 miles total a week I want something inexpensive. ($20K or less if I were to buy) But eventually within 2.5 to 3 years I'll be driving a lot more.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The owner used it for frequent business trips. I don't see whats so hard to believe about that. He put over 300k on his last c4 Vette, which weren't nearly as durable as the c5. It's not crazy to think out of the tens of thousands of c5s produced, one owner used their car in this manner.

I'm going to repeat myself here...

It's a pushrod engine that's very low strung considering its displacement. While pushrods are often talked down upon for being archaic technology, they do last forever and there is good reason GM has stuck to developing them instead of trying to re-invent the wheel. Many of the world's most historically reliable engines are pushrods.

Volvo B18/20? Pushrods.
Volvo B30? Pushrods.
Toyota K series? Pushrods.
Ford 302 ? Pushrods.
Buick 3800 ? Pushrods.
Chevy LS? Pushrods.

It's a time tested and extremely simple design. There simply aren't as many parts to wear out or break. Factor in that the car was used primarily for frequent long highway trips and it's more than believable. We'll estimate 60-75 mph on average cruising in 6th gear. Assuming the car has standard 3.42 gears, for a c5 Vette that would mean the car has spent the majority of it's miles coasting at a measly 1400-1800 rpm. Average RPMs would be even lower if the car is fitted with less aggressive ratios found in the Automatic.

Repped for knowledge.

Anything is possible so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
It's American, not possible.
:lol:

Stereotypes are fun!

300k and 650k is a HUGE difference :lol:

We aint talking Hondas here, no way thats on the original motor.
No ****.

/thread

:rofl:

Don't hate on 'Murica guys :smh:

Picture_3646_1.jpg

im really curious as how this would affect handling i wanna see this in action

Stereotypes are fun!

:lol: I'm sayin...

When I posted a 900k quadcam 1UZ nobody blinked an eye, but when it's a high mileage American car with a notoriously bulletproof engine it's not believable :lol:

It's a pushrod engine that's very low strung considering its displacement. While pushrods are often talked down upon for being archaic technology, they do last forever and there is good reason GM has stuck to developing them instead of trying to re-invent the wheel. Many of the world's most historically reliable engines are pushrods.

Volvo B18/20? Pushrods.
Volvo B30? Pushrods.
Toyota K series? Pushrods.
Ford 302 ? Pushrods.
Buick 3800 ? Pushrods.
Chevy LS? Pushrods.

It's a time tested and extremely simple design. There simply aren't as many parts to wear out or break. Factor in that the car was used primarily for frequent long highway trips and it's more than believable. We'll estimate 60-75 mph on average cruising in 6th gear. Assuming the car has standard 3.42 gears, for a c5 Vette that would mean the car has spent the majority of it's miles coasting at a measly 1400-1800 rpm. Average RPMs would be even lower if the car is fitted with less aggressive ratios found in the Automatic.

Don't hate on 'Murica guys :smh:

Picture_3646_1.jpg

:smokin

dat JDM sweg doe
So tasteful :smokin

Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evo-8-Custom-2003-09ASD552921903AA.jpeg

0707_sccp_02z+mitsubishi_lancer_evolution+front_plane.jpg

mitsubishi-lancer-custom-wallpaper-ddscbch6.jpg

136598658473.jpg

964660_454902701287510_2073548995_o.jpg

lancer_evolution_x_twillight_sparkle_by_iqbalherindra-d6saz9k.png
:lol: Bronies I tell ya...

And just so the JDM stans don't get buttravaged and know it's all jokes....

mlp_brony_car_by_sakuraknight2000-d62dkbz.jpg
No ****.

Oh ok so it just happens to be that his Vette is the ONE that made it to 650k? :lol:

Are you a French model?

No ****.

Are you a French model?

:lol: the usuals mad at the v8 I see

ikr ? leave it to the bimmerstans to try and downplay the relentless dependability of the tried and true LS1. :lol:

Exactly why I don't believe his story.

I like American muscle brah brah but I don't believe that guys story, sorry not sorry.

ikr ? leave it to the bimmerstans to try and downplay the relentless dependability of the tried and true LS1. :lol:

Right because I don't believe some guys story that he put 650k on his original motor Im a hater?

I would trade my M in right now for a Stingray or Z06 so miss me with that stan ****.
Daaaaaawwwg :rofl: what have I misse out on yall wild

'preciate it

And while this is purely anecdotal, I figure I'll mention it anyway. My friends dad owns a performance tuning shop and they get tons of LS customers in. After tearing down so many engines from high mileage Camaros, Firebirds and Corvettes to rebuild, he's started advising against rebuilds unless the owner wants serious performance or an abused car is knocking and showing signs of trouble. He said 9/10 200k+ engines they were tearing down showed virtually no signs of wear and as an honest businessman it they're just not worth advising a rebuild unless that's really what the owner wanted.

Granted, there is a huge difference between 200k and 650k... but if any engine is capable of making it that far it's a well maintained LS1.

That boy dank in here holdn it down :pimp:

:lol: I'm just saying... we're talking about an LS1 here. They're known to go and go.

I think the fact it's in a car people aren't used to seeing get driven to such high mileage that tends to make people more skeptical. If this were a 600k Crown Vic or Lexus people wouldn't bat an eye.

Last edited:
:lol: I'm just saying... we're talking about an LS1 here. They're known to go and go.

I think the fact it's in a car people aren't used to seeing get driven to such high mileage that tends to make people more skeptical. If this were a 600k Crown Vic or Lexus people wouldn't bat an eye.
Exactly. Or even a Tahoe or Silverado, most people would probably be OK with it.

i like the audi one a lot more than the lexus one.

that being said, ever since i wrapped my car blue, i feel meh about it. probably going to stick to grayscale for a while moving forward.

Favorite wrap in this thread. Not sure why you dont like. I woulda done the wheels in a highpolish dark chrome or something. Something with a little more pop than black.

I know a guy in New York who is a master tech at Ferarri and his Evo is his commuter. Its about to hit 400k soon

^^ I don't hate the wheels themselves.... But the offset is ridiculous, and stretching the tires on a big truck? :x

I know a popular look right now with lifted trucks is wheels with a ridiculous offset, but at least put the right sorta tires on em. I'm not crazy about this look either, I'd prefer the tires to be a little more tucked in, but it's a hell of a lot better with offroad rather than stretched tires :lol:

Last edited:
I know a guy in New York who is a master tech at Ferarri and his Evo is his commuter. Its about to hit 400k soon

I don't believe it.

I'm gonna have to see an odo check, VIN check and part number check to ensure all parts are 100% original, dealership verification, any and all receipts, DMV paperwork for every year the car was registered and detailed insurance records monitoring the cars annual mileage since new.

not srs :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom