\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

There is such a bias toward european and asian cars in this thread that the only example of contemporary American muscle someone provided is a riced out one.

Muscle cars have always been big, heavy, high horsepower cars.

This is why I said the new Mustang doesn't look a like a muscle car because it looks like a European car.

Performance wise, its great I just doesn't look like an American muscle car.

High horsepower... yes

Big and heavy... not necessarily

It's only due to how small most cars have gotten that we view older cars as being so large. I mentioned this a few pages back, but most old muscle cars weigh less than pint sized modern cars.

Take the 64 GTO for example. That's a true Muscle car, not a gussied up Pony car like the Camaro, Challenger or Mustang.

The recipe was simple....

- Take relatively small car
- Throw in the biggest production engine you have in it
- Sell it for a price the average young person can afford

(64 GTO) It was a chassis designed for 5.3L engines. Compared to the full-size cars of the time, it was very small. They took a chassis designed for 5.3L engines and threw a 6.4L in it. Then left the original brakes on it and sold it to the public as cheaply as possible. That's what a muscle car is meant to be. Not a big, overweight hunk with a fake luxury interior sold at a 35% markup.

In the early days, professional hot rodders would usually buy the base model of a mid-full sized Ford or GM in total stripper form. No radio or power anything, along with the biggest available engine. While auto manufacturers and dealers didn't really like it because these cars weren't profitable, it was nonetheless good publicity because any racing exploits the owner achieved could be bragged about by the brand. Also since street racing was illegal in most locales, it was important to make the cars look as unassuming as possible to not attract attention from cops. As time went on however, the Big Three realized that they could capitalize on this success by selling dedicated "performance" packages such as the Chevelle SS and Charger R/T which had tons of ugly tape graphics, bucket seats, and other tinsel that the serious hot rodder did not need. Thus was born the modern "muscle"... or rather "Pony" car.

The new Challenger is a muscle car in the worst possible way. Big, heavy and if you want a fast one... expensive.
**** that. Make it 3/4 the size, give it a bare bones interior from a wrangler and sell it with a base 5.7 at a price point competing with the ecoboost stang.

the eggplant foam pic just shut down this whole thread. Rep the man infinite reps and close thread.

Lulz

Left my Bae in the shop today and driving the civic LMAO huge *** difference.

dankenstien88 dankenstien88

I'll always like big coupes though.

I have obviously have no qualms with the current size of the Challenger. The 6.4 should be standard though.

A base R/T is about the same of cost as an Ecoboost though.

You'd hate this then

I love it. Lawd.

American muscle needs chrome trimming back.
Yea :lol: that chrome plated plastic

There is such a bias toward european and asian cars in this thread that the only example of contemporary American muscle someone provided is a riced out one.

This is why I said the new Mustang doesn't look a like a muscle car because it looks like a European car.

High horsepower... yes

It's only due to how small most cars have gotten that we view older cars as being so large. I mentioned this a few pages back, but most old muscle cars weigh less than pint sized modern cars.

Take the 64 GTO for example. That's a true Muscle car, not a gussied up Pony car like the Camaro, Challenger or Mustang.

(64 GTO) It was a chassis designed for 5.3L engines. Compared to the full-size cars of the time, it was very small. They took a chassis designed for 5.3L engines and threw a 6.4L in it. Then left the original brakes on it and sold it to the public as cheaply as possible. That's what a muscle car is meant to be. Not a big, overweight hunk with a fake luxury interior sold at a 35% markup.

In the early days, professional hot rodders would usually buy the base model of a mid-full sized Ford or GM in total stripper form. No radio or power anything, along with the biggest available engine. While auto manufacturers and dealers didn't really like it because these cars weren't profitable, it was nonetheless good publicity because any racing exploits the owner achieved could be bragged about by the brand. Also since street racing was illegal in most locales, it was important to make the cars look as unassuming as possible to not attract attention from cops. As time went on however, the Big Three realized that they could capitalize on this success by selling dedicated "performance" packages such as the Chevelle SS and Charger R/T which had tons of ugly tape graphics, bucket seats, and other tinsel that the serious hot rodder did not need. Thus was born the modern "muscle"... or rather "Pony" car.

The new Challenger is a muscle car in the worst possible way. Big, heavy and if you want a fast one... expensive.
**** that. Make it 3/4 the size, give it a bare bones interior from a wrangler and sell it with a base 5.7 at a price point competing with the ecoboost stang.

:pimp: tell em dank

Stangs and Camaros were originally smaller bodies.

Chevy has actually crossed over to the big body over the years.

It was mostly just Plymouth/Dodge who had the huge heady bodies. (charger/chally/Cuda)

Challenger should have been more "rounded off" if you know what I mean

Less aerodynamic than the one they're paying homage too

High horsepower... yes

No shade, but you're telling me original muscle cars were Death Traps on purpose?
And the thing is pylmoth and doge were making those big bodies MOVE
:lol:

It's the formula for a muscle/race car fam

Small body
Big engine
Basic Interior
No radio
Hell some had factory back seat delete :pimp:

That's how it was

Living dangerously :pimp:

The 5.0 is kinf of american muscle hands down

Till u start talkin zl1. Lingenfelter vettes. Hellcats etc

u forgot about the shelby and saleen stangs papi
Biased, but definitely looks better than the Camaro/Challenger.

wow i love your car, any mods?

you should get the cobra jet intake with the new throttle body
really gives u a lot more power

new mustang doesnt look like a muscle car? :lol:

which eurocar has a long fastback like the stang?

the stang stays true to its roots. this car is like an evolution of the 60s fastback mustang

does not look anything european, the mustang was never a boxy car like a challenger it always had smooth lines.

High horsepower... yes

No shade, but you're telling me original muscle cars were Death Traps on purpose?

:lol: look up the 1963 "Swiss Cheese" Pontiac Catalina 421 Lightweight

High horsepower... yes

And the thing is pylmoth and doge were making those big bodies MOVE
:lol:

It's the formula for a muscle/race car fam

Small body
Big engine
Basic Interior
No radio
Hell some had factory back seat delete :pimp:

That's how it was

Living dangerously :pimp:

I can respect the enthusiast, but it doesn't seem like a recipe for success at all. Unless you never plan on turning the wheel, and/or going on anything that isn't a flat, paved surface.
Man...... Your just a wet towel when it comes to muscle cars :lol:

How many times did he replace/rebuild the engine/******, though.

Those aren't original miles.

:lol: Yes they are. Engine is all original. Transmission has been replaced once.

LS1 Vettes run to 300k+ regularly and usually only quit when they get so cheap they wind up in the hands of some undesirable and end up getting totaled.

The 5.0 is kinf of american muscle hands down

Till u start talkin zl1. Lingenfelter vettes. Hellcats etc

u forgot about the shelby and saleen stangs papi
Biased, but definitely looks better than the Camaro/Challenger.

wow i love your car, any mods?

you should get the cobra jet intake with the new throttle body
really gives u a lot more power

new mustang doesnt look like a muscle car? :lol:

which eurocar has a long fastback like the stang?

the stang stays true to its roots. this car is like an evolution of the 60s fastback mustang

does not look anything european, the mustang was never a boxy car like a challenger it always had smooth lines.

Never ? :tongue:

1990saleensedan.jpg

Fox body the GOAT stang on the streets :pimp:

My neighbor had a 5.0 growing up.

Joint used to wake me up out of my sleep :smh: :lol:

y u had to bring up the foxy :rolleyes

but im talking about the 60s model and the now model

its not european at all

ppl just like saying that

put a m4 next to a stang and tell me they looks similar :lol:

That's what a muscle car is meant to be. Not a big, overweight hunk with a fake luxury interior sold at a 35% markup.

In the early days, professional hot rodders would usually buy the base model of a mid-full sized Ford or GM in total stripper form. No radio or power anything, along with the biggest available engine.

0:58 seconds

chally's look realllly nice imo

and again the word rice is thrown around :lol:

Last edited:
I'm going to need to see paperwork on that 650,000 mile vette.

Or some type of dealership verification. I'm not taking his word for it.
It really isn't that unbelievable. GM LS motors constantly go for a long time. Hell, the police use Tahoe's as part of their fleet, racking up high miles, not to mention all the hours they leave their cars idling. There's lots of Tahoes, Yukons, Silverado's etc with 200-300,000 miles on their LS engines that you can find for sale in most areas, and I'm sure there's plenty with much more than that out there that aren't for sale. If it was a Tahoe or a Silverado, I bet you'd be more inclined to believe it. But because it's a Corvette, it seems unbelievable. Similar drivetrains in both vehicles.

Two of my favorites.

Audi's Nogaro blue.

audi-rs4-avant-b8-nogaro-blue-exclusive-38.jpg

Lexus' blue mica.

WekFest-East-2012-THUMBNAIL-8.jpg

i like the audi one a lot more than the lexus one.

that being said, ever since i wrapped my car blue, i feel meh about it. probably going to stick to grayscale for a while moving forward.

It really isn't that unbelievable. GM LS motors constantly go for a long time. Hell, the police use Tahoe's as part of their fleet, racking up high miles, not to mention all the hours they leave their cars idling. There's lots of Tahoes, Yukons, Silverado's etc with 200-300,000 miles on their LS engines that you can find for sale in most areas, and I'm sure there's plenty with much more than that out there that aren't for sale. If it was a Tahoe or a Silverado, I bet you'd be more inclined to believe it. But because it's a Corvette, it seems unbelievable. Similar drivetrains in both vehicles.
300k and 650k is a HUGE difference 
laugh.gif

We aint talking Hondas here, no way thats on the original motor.

Back
Top Bottom