\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

my baby. hard to believe it's 10 years old. feels like a new car to me still. it only gets like 4 thousand miles a year on it but it gets run really hard. i do a lot of autocross and road racing on weekends in the summer when i'm not going to car meets/shows with friends.

2006 Charger SRT8

has way too many parts to list but some highlights =

-Inertia Motorsports SRT Max Plus cam

-3.55 gears (factory was 3.06) with a Wavetrac mechanical LSD and Mercedes AMG C63 diff cooler (a lot of the LX mopar platform is Mercedes and there are many Mercedes AMG division parts we use as upgrades)

-Paramount Perfromance Dominator stall torque converter

-Mercedes AMG blue top shift solenoids

-Tein Superstreet Coilovers and Stack Performance swaybars

-AMG C63 paddle shifters

-fenders all around rolled and pulled to clear 315/35/20 rear and 285/35/20 front Michelin Supersports. (gray wheels for the street, the red ones are for the track)

idles pretty old school sounding

Last edited:
Wouldn't ever buy a newer rebuilt or salvage car. Too many options for that amount of money. Under 5k I would consider it

man if we're talking about wheel/tire width from the back... the e46 m3 is definitely up there :x

BMW-M3-680x453.jpg

soo chunkkyy :pimp:

Lawd

my baby. hard to believe it's 10 years old. feels like a new car to me still. it only gets like 4 thousand miles a year on it but it gets run really hard. i do a lot of autocross and road racing on weekends in the summer when i'm not going to car meets/shows with friends.

2006 Charger SRT8

-3.55 gears with a Wavetrac mechanical LSD and Mercedes AMG C63 diff cooler (a lot of the LX mopar platform is Mercedes and there are many Mercedes AMG division parts we use as upgrades)
-AMG C63 paddle shifters
-fenders all around rolled and pulled to clear 315/35/20 rear and 285/35/20 front Michelin Supersports. (gray wheels for the street, the red ones are for the track)

Car sounds bad *** bro! It's cool that you autocross that thing too.

I've always wondered this about autocross.... how long does it take to get used to going around and through cones? Like, I think if I tried autocross, I'd constantly be getting lost or missing my turn, or running them over :lol:

Last edited:
Car sounds bad *** bro! It's cool that you autocross that thing too.

I've always wondered this about autocross.... how long does it take to get used to going around and through cones? Like, I think if I tried autocross, I'd constantly be getting lost or missing my turn, or running them over
laugh.gif
thanks bud. people love to see the big cars out there. especially when they are noise makers. lol.

as for getting used to the course. well... you get to walk the track a few times in the morning before the drivers meeting so you get a good idea of where to go. people are very helpful at autocross events and if you ever have a question while walking the track anyone around you will tell you were to go. people do DNF and go off track, it happens. it is not uncommon for the track layout to have one or two places that actually try to throw you off, but it's all in good fun. no one makes fun of people who go off course, they just try to help them avoid the mistake again. if someone is having problems they will have someone do a ride along with them to help them stay on course too. 

you get used to reading cones too. two cones apart are a gate you have to go between. a spaced out single file line is a slalom (if the first cone has a second cone  on it's side by it pointing a direction you have to start on the side it points to. if the first cone is a single cone and no cone is pointing you can choose which side to start on. you just have to keep in mind what side of the last cone you want to be on to set up the next turn best) .  cones on their side are pointer cones telling you what direction to go. a square of cones means you will go through like it is a gate but the course will probably loop to make you go back through the box from another angle (in the video i posted there is box of cones you can see i pass through twice from two different sides after the first couple gates.). there are more but you get the picture. it seems like a lot at first, but it's not hard to learn. most times you take the first lap slow to get a feel for the course and avoid DNF'ing in future laps.

it's the cheapest racing with turns you will ever be able to do. most autocross days are like 40 bucks and you get at least 8 runs or so. when your group is not racing you either rest or work the course chasing and resetting cones or radioing in drivers cone hits.

Posted my car before, but heres a update. Done alot to it latly, even just the exterior mods got me loving it more let alone engine mods. Only downfall with this car is ppl think its just some random 4cyl slap on turbo car, its not one of them. The handling is something insane, awards speak for themselfs. It is so much fun to drive and goes like woooo. But cos of the stigma these cars get, it gets put in the same bs catergory by non owners as other 4cylinder turbos (which are slap om turbo pieces of ****) if u drive one ul understand.
Anyway. I love it, and thats all that matters to the owner :smile: and more to come. Wing extention next, then smashing some hard core engine mods.
Im sharing anyway, as i like my car alot. It provides fun, excellent fuel economy (which is why i bought a new car) but also speed and looks imo.

2006 Charger SRT8

-3.55 gears with a Wavetrac mechanical LSD and Mercedes AMG C63 diff cooler (a lot of the LX mopar platform is Mercedes and there are many Mercedes AMG division parts we use as upgrades)
-AMG C63 paddle shifters

I saw your avi in another thread and was wondering why I had never seen your car. Need more cars like yours in here. Love that you AutoX. I'm more so a GM guy but the 392 Charger is on my short list of vehicles to check out.

2006 Charger SRT8

-AMG C63 paddle shifters

Im not a mods guy, but this is an Amazing car. Nicely done all the way around and it all functions well. The loping idle sound is crazy.

I still have my 1st gen 2007 MSRT8 and it also gets around 4k per year. The fact that these are Eclass Mercs underneath will make these collectables down the road.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a rebuild if the seller had documented pictures of the damage, and the damage wasn't severe and didn't involve frame damage or something important like that.

But you're right, you need to take into account selling the car down the road when you buy a rebuild. Not many people are even willing to consider one, and those that are probably don't have the cash in hand to make it happen.
Yeah but can there be frame damage that isn't visible or apparent to the naked eye? I could be wrong there though. 

2006 Charger SRT8

-AMG C63 paddle shifters

Nice build! Thats pretty cool you guys can use AMG parts. How much do SC kits run for that car?

I wish Sneaker would be cool and post his 
frown.gif

On a side note can we get a no pic quoting rule in here? Its annoying seeing the same thing as you scroll down the whole page 
laugh.gif

I saw your avi in another thread and was wondering why I had never seen your car. Need more cars like yours in here. Love that you AutoX. I'm more so a GM guy but the 392 Charger is on my short list of vehicles to check out.
Thanks! i like any brand if it is done right. i have two best friends i cruise with a lot in the summer and one has a cammed LS1 T/A and the other has a 03 Terminator Mustang convert. both are sweet cars.
Nice ride @Jontoad! Repped. How much hp/tq you pushing?
to be honest i have no idea. it has all been email tuned to this point off datalogs by Johan at Diablo. i was waiting until i could afford to buy some Theitek cylinder heads to get the final dyno tune on the rollers.
Im not a mods guy, but this is an Amazing car. Nicely done all the way around and it all functions well. The loping idle sound is crazy.

I still have my 1st gen 2007 MSRT8 and it also gets around 4k per year. The fact that these are Eclass Mercs underneath will make these collectables down the road.
Thanks! i love the Magnum too. they are getting kinda rare to see now a days.

Nice build! Thats pretty cool you guys can use AMG parts. How much do SC kits run for that car?

I wish Sneaker would be cool and post his 
frown.gif

On a side note can we get a no pic quoting rule in here? Its annoying seeing the same thing as you scroll down the whole page 
laugh.gif

SC kits are around 5 to 6 thousand for the most part. i don't think i will ever go that route though. too much heat to stay reliable for road racing in my opinion on all the kits that are out there.

thanks bud. people love to see the big cars out there. especially when they are noise makers. lol.

as for getting used to the course. well... you get to walk the track a few times in the morning before the drivers meeting so you get a good idea of where to go. people are very helpful at autocross events and if you ever have a question while walking the track anyone around you will tell you were to go. people do DNF and go off track, it happens. it is not uncommon for the track layout to have one or two places that actually try to throw you off, but it's all in good fun. no one makes fun of people who go off course, they just try to help them avoid the mistake again. if someone is having problems they will have someone do a ride along with them to help them stay on course too. 

you get used to reading cones too. two cones apart are a gate you have to go between. a spaced out single file line is a slalom (if the first cone has a second cone  on it's side by it pointing a direction you have to start on the side it points to. if the first cone is a single cone and no cone is pointing you can choose which side to start on. you just have to keep in mind what side of the last cone you want to be on to set up the next turn best) .  cones on their side are pointer cones telling you what direction to go. a square of cones means you will go through like it is a gate but the course will probably loop to make you go back through the box from another angle (in the video i posted there is box of cones you can see i pass through twice from two different sides after the first couple gates.). there are more but you get the picture. it seems like a lot at first, but it's not hard to learn. most times you take the first lap slow to get a feel for the course and avoid DNF'ing in future laps.

it's the cheapest racing with turns you will ever be able to do. most autocross days are like 40 bucks and you get at least 8 runs or so. when your group is not racing you either rest or work the course chasing and resetting cones or radioing in drivers cone hits.
Haha yea I bet people like to see the big cars out there. Personally, I love vehicles that are big and heavy and shouldn't be fast, but are, that's one of the reasons why I bought my Lightning.

Thanks for the autocross breakdown man, it sounds like it would be a blast! 8 runs would be plenty of runs, even if you were prone to getting lost on the track :lol: . I just assumed you'd only get like 2 or 3 runs. When I'm done school and making money, I'd like to look into autocross. It seems like a lot of fun for the money, although I'm sure the most expensive part of it is the wear and tear you'd put on your vehicle, rather then paying for the track day.

jontoad jontoad I don't like that body style too much but yours is dope

You should cam the hemi though and repped for the gear ration change :lol:
He did cam it my dude, it's his first mod in the list. AND he even provided a video of it, it's like he knows you or something :lol:
Oh my fault,yeah he did do that didn't he? :lol:

That the homie right there , he done cammed the hemi :pimp:

Thanks! i like any brand if it is done right. i have two best friends i cruise with a lot in the summer and one has a cammed LS1 T/A and the other has a 03 Terminator Mustang convert. both are sweet cars.

to be honest i have no idea. it has all been email tuned to this point off datalogs by Johan at Diablo. i was waiting until i could afford to buy some Theitek cylinder heads to get the final dyno tune on the rollers.

Thanks! i love the Magnum too. they are getting kinda rare to see now a days.

SC kits are around 5 to 6 thousand for the most part. i don't think i will ever go that route though. too much heat to stay reliable for road racing in my opinion on all the kits that are out there.

Most definitely. I like cars in general although I prefer RWD American and German. I've always owned GM and I'm familiar with LSx motors. A close friend of mine drives a single turbo Challenger SRT-8 and the crew is full of Camaros, 5.0 Mustangs and a couple Chargers ranging from twin turbos setups to simple bolt-ons.

Haha yea I bet people like to see the big cars out there. Personally, I love vehicles that are big and heavy and shouldn't be fast, but are, that's one of the reasons why I bought my Lightning.

Thanks for the autocross breakdown man, it sounds like it would be a blast! 8 runs would be plenty of runs, even if you were prone to getting lost on the track
laugh.gif
. I just assumed you'd only get like 2 or 3 runs. When I'm done school and making money, I'd like to look into autocross. It seems like a lot of fun for the money, although I'm sure the most expensive part of it is the wear and tear you'd put on your vehicle, rather then paying for the track day.
the wear and tear is not bad. you hardly ever see cars breaking on track. you really just use tires, break pads/rotors, and put a little stress on the power steering systems if you run a lot of RPM's. you don't shift much so the trans isn't too stressed.

with my car being heavy i did go through 2 power steering pumps before i figured out it was too much heat and rpm's for the pump though. i had to add a 24 inch long finned Derale power steering cooler that holds an extra quart of fluid in the system and put a bigger pulley on the power steering pump to keep the RPM's lower. it has been rock solid since.

Last edited:
Posted my car before, but heres a update. Done alot to it latly, even just the exterior mods got me loving it more let alone engine mods. Only downfall with this car is ppl think its just some random 4cyl slap on turbo car, its not one of them. The handling is something insane, awards speak for themselfs. It is so much fun to drive and goes like woooo. But cos of the stigma these cars get, it gets put in the same bs catergory by non owners as other 4cylinder turbos (which are slap om turbo pieces of ****) if u drive one ul understand.
Anyway. I love it, and thats all that matters to the owner :smile: and more to come. Wing extention next, then smashing some hard core engine mods.
Im sharing anyway, as i like my car alot. It provides fun, excellent fuel economy (which is why i bought a new car) but also speed and looks imo.

Repped for always keeping it clean. I remember someone asking a while back what car would we drive of no one knew about it. Fiesta ST would be my choice cause it's not the type of car I would normally drive but I like em.

Last edited:

I wish Sneaker would be cool and post his :frown:

On a side note can we get a no pic quoting rule in here? Its annoying seeing the same thing as you scroll down the whole page :lol:  

Can we also get a "stop posting the same pics over and over" rule? lol

Back
Top Bottom