\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Figured I would post this here. Got a speeding ticket the other night, first ticket in the last 7 years. Wondering if I should fight it, caught doing 55 in a 35. I'm guilty but just don't want it hitting my record. Read online about people hiring attorneys that will show up to court for you and get it dismissed. Anyone have any first hand experience with this or have any advice on what I should do would be much appreciated.

Figured I would post this here. Got a speeding ticket the other night, first ticket in the last 7 years. Wondering if I should fight it, caught doing 55 in a 35. I'm guilty but just don't want it hitting my record. Read online about people hiring attorneys that will show up to court for you and get it dismissed. Anyone have any first hand experience with this or have any advice on what I should do would be much appreciated.
never been caught speeding (knock on wood)

but when i fought a couple of my tickets, i would always claim guilty with explanation such as "I wasn't familiar with the area/ didn't see the sign" 

and they usually lowered my ticket and changed the charge to something that wouldnt go on my record

I think generally speaking, if you go to court and just ask to get the charge lowered, they'll do it. you can offer to take a safe driving class and whatnot. there's always the chance that you'll get an unfavorable judge though like I did the first time.

in va, 20+ over is reckless driving and you pretty much have to hire a lawyer to get it reduced otherwise you can end up in some bs.

Yeah it is only $160 so it isn't the fine I'm worried about. Freaking speed trap going down a bridge where it went from 50-35. Motorcycle cops were running a train on people. While I was parked another person was already pulled over, the cop finished went back and had a car pulled over in the same spot not 30 seconds later :smh:

Cop was nice though I guess, he had me with a laser at 56, reduced it to 55 to save me $100 on the fine.

I'd go to a lawyer, some of them have good enough connections to get the ticket dismissed all together.  At the very least, they can probably get the fine reduced and not have it appear on your record...

you also don't want your insurance rates going up or anything which is why keeping your record clean is so important.

I'd go to a lawyer, some of them have good enough connections to get the ticket dismissed all together.  At the very least, they can probably get the fine reduced and not have it appear on your record...

If you live in a state where 20 miles over is reckless driving, def get a lawyer. Court is infuriating to be in and watch sometimes. You think something is cut and dry, you're innocent, go in dolo and get the book thrown at you or told to get a lawyer because you could face some real ****. You get a lawyer, they put everything together, and when they get to court they don't even discuss the case, just how's the family and when's the next get together or some **** then you're outta there scott free. Crazy sight to see, but a good lawyer is worth it.

Anyone get snow tires?

I'm gonna cop a set with rims to put on the BRZ for some fun

I hear Blizzaks are the best

Blizzaks are top notch bro

Yeah, Blizzaks are second to none. I'm trying to not drive the Z much this winter, but I've been test driving S2000's this week and am ready to trade in my DC-5 for one but the cloth tops and having to buy snow tires immediately are making me hesitate.

With a clear head, I know I should wait until April to do the trade but I'm impatient as hell and I'm confident in my skills with RWD in the snow :lol:

Last edited:
You can always get an aftermarket oem style hardtop for the s2k. I was realllllly thinking about getting one but decided I will just trade in my s2k for something else this year

You can always get an aftermarket oem style hardtop for the s2k. I was realllllly thinking about getting one but decided I will just trade in my s2k for something else this year

That was part of the "problem". I was researching tops and it'd add an extra $2-3K. Getting an S2k for around $13k was the part that was really drawing me in.

yeah those tops are so damn pricey. plus, if you have it newly painted, it might not match exactly with the car.

are you looking at a ap1 or 2?

Last edited:
yeah those tops are so damn pricey. plus, if you have it newly painted, it might not match exactly with the car.

are you looking at a ap1 or 2?

From what's I've read, it all comes down to preference, and the differences aren't too major. Since I'll be tracking more often starting this year, I love the idea of a 9k redline on the AP1 and the stiffer suspension, but I like the "improved" styling of the AP2. Having VSA isn't a factor as I'd probably keep it off anyway, so that's that. It pretty much factors down to price for me and AP1's seem to be a few grand cheaper so that's all I've been seeing when I do my searches.

laugh.gif
^ why did you edit your post?
so what year is the am, you still havent told us

i was just wondering what year your car was thats all.

i could care less about salt and other trivial things of that nature

I edited my post because I had a feeling you can't take a joke and I was right. Dudes is sounding extra insecure in here. Were you even born before your Rolex was manufactured?

You seem like a hating dude man. So what his rolex is used and the AM is obviously used as well. No need to come at the guys neck about it, even though he doesn't have to post a pic/vid of his car every 2-3 pages.

Better do some research and find out what year your car is fam. Don't wanna get outed like GSC... :rolleyes

I'm playing guy, nice whip :lol:

If not ducktales :nerd: :lol:

Hell is going on in here ? :rolleyes

@WhatCanISay When others doubted you I had your back, but I have to admit.... right now your starting to look like a NTer e-stunting and playing dress up in his grandpas jewelry and car.

At this point you've been so evasive childish that even if the car is yours no one will believe you and just chalk it up to another spoiled brat in daddys ride.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom