ya guys needa let each other cook

relax with the lawrys were all NT famb here

instead of firin shots at each other we should be having a civil discussion

and appreciate each others whips

ya guys needa let each other cook
relax with the lawrys were all NT famb here
instead of firin shots at each other we should be having a civil discussion
and appreciate each others whips

QFT. Why can't we all just talk as civil gear heads? Is that too much to ask for.

I can't discuss exactly what I've done or do. But I started working at 16 and have never had to pay a single bill in my life, so I was able to save every single penny, and I did. My parents bought me the VW but I crashed it and it was considered a total loss. Then they bought me the M3 for a steal. It was a year old with around 10k miles for a little over $40k. I still have the OEM wheels for memories, and recently sold the bumper (I actually had the bumper on sale in the misc section here for a while).I sold it for almost 20k more a few months later and just kept saving while investing in a few things which I enjoy.

I was able to accumulate over 230+ pairs of mint condition sneakers ranging from LeBron south beach 8,9s, De la soul, what the dunks, Yeezy 1s, Lucky 7s Supreme dunks, unkle's, three bears and many many other grails. As well as double and triple pairs of general releases. I sold 80% of my collection recently, due to me thinking that the hype was dying down and the prices probably won't go up anymore than they were at already.

So I was sitting on some cash that I had no idea what to do with. I traveled overseas to where my parents are from, looking for some property. They bought themselves a house over the summer, overseas, and I bought myself a piece of land. After debating with myself I finally decided that I wanted the feel of having a nice car again and pulled the trigger. I'm able to not have to work now and fully focus in school, due to a few wise decisions I made when I was younger, which I'm still able to collect from.
Good stuff bro!  You sound like you are light years ahead of most when it comes to investing and money management.  Get that degree and then some, it's going to open a whole new set of doors that most can only dream about.  It did for me!  Hearing stuff like this is why I like this forum so much, so many interesting and smart people from varied backgrounds with shared interests.  Keep posting pics and feel free to share some of your likes and dislikes with us about the Aston platform, as I believe you might be the only member on here with one!  

And to the tough guy directing me to the Aston forums to learn about the vehicle, sorry dude I love cars and love hearing real owners experiences regarding a vehicles characteristics.  Before I bought my Cayman R and NSX this year I scoured both Porsche and NSX forums researching and talking to other members before I decided on these 2 awesome machines.    Keep the negativity out of this thread and maybe hang out more often in the Kanye or Lebron hairline threads.  You will find more of your kind in there.

Last edited:
Thank you, man. I really appreciate the kind words. I was steering clear of posting anymore since a lot of ppl were getting bothered by it and I had no idea they were. But, thank you for the encouragement. I will be looking forward to it.

Cayman's and Porsche's in general are dope, even though I admit I'm not too knowledgeable in that department. I know a lot of ppl who consider the NSX as a grail, and they are so rare around my way so it's definitely
smokin.gif
to hear some1 on this forum owning one, alongside a Porsche as well.

Good luck to you, brother, and congrats on all of your achievements as well!
Keep posting the Aston bro, I know that the majority on here want to keep seeing it.  Here are mine!

Why is it always new heads that always seem to cause people to bicker for pages upon pages? Guess people dont believe newer members as easily? Also seems like only new members seemingly give a nod to other new members.

Not saying you two folks are negatively affecting the thread, just a pattern ive observed.

That NSX is gorgeous. How do you have 2 coupes though? I figure a coupe and a sedan would be ideal. 

Some nice cars in here. My 07 335i.

Dope wheels. Excuse the stupidity but are those stock?

if I don't answer, then will I be accused of them not being real? :lol:

But seriously... they aren't stock. They are a brand called VMR model VB3 in gunmetal. Supposed to look like some e46 m3 wheels from what I remember. I wanted a stock look to keep the car toned down. I also vinyled the chrome window trim, replaced the chrome grills, added replica front bumper splitters, changed the rear tails, and added the performance rear bumper. all subtle things that made the car more to my liking.

Looks good dude! I didn't even notice those changes until I read your post but it's a nice touch. Any plans to drop it an inch? I think during the summer time with the VMR's it would look dope. Give's it that "stance" look imo.

thanks dude. I was thinking about dropping it when the suspension starting going bad. im at 111k now so im not too far from that day :frown:
the car has the sports package so its already a little lower and im not too much in love with having a slammed car. I had a 98 prelude that was slammed on Tein SS coilovers and it caused more harm than good (bent my rear exhaust flange the weekend I installed my greddy evo 2 exhaust).

I thought about putting spacers on the car to give it wider stance but I honestly decided that I was done putting money into the car.

im actually thinking im gonna go for an 08-10 m3 coupe since the m4 is coming out soon and the value will be dropping to the mid 30s on them soon enough. its not as practical as a 335 but its my dream car and I honestly cant afford a brand new m4.

thanks dude. I was thinking about dropping it when the suspension starting going bad. im at 111k now so im not too far from that day :frown:
the car has the sports package so its already a little lower and im not too much in love with having a slammed car. I had a 98 prelude that was slammed on Tein SS coilovers and it caused more harm than good (bent my rear exhaust flange the weekend I installed my greddy evo 2 exhaust).

I thought about putting spacers on the car to give it wider stance but I honestly decided that I was done putting money into the car.

im actually thinking im gonna go for an 08-10 m3 coupe since the m4 is coming out soon and the value will be dropping to the mid 30s on them soon enough. its not as practical as a 335 but its my dream car and I honestly cant afford a brand new m4.

I agree that a slammed car can cause more damages especially going over potholes and debris on the road. Were you thinking about getting a convertible or not? M3's are :smokin With a titanium exhaust set up. There's one down my street that has a carbon fiber rear spoiler like the one on your 335 and the exhaust note is just beautiful every morning when he drives down the street doing 20mph.

Some nice rides in hear. Hear is my 18 year old beater
http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/null-2.jpg.html

I had this befor but had to sell it so I can get the wife somthing reliable and get a motor for the integra cause I bought it as a shell (no motor)

http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/IMAG0419.jpg.html

This is what the wife got

http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/IMAG0433.jpg.html

I miss the s2000 but sometimes you got to do what you have to do. After I pay her car off im eather looking for m3,335, ls430 or the current body style tl sh awd.

Last edited:
I bought a Buick Verano....I love her, it's just that compared to the cars shown here... SMH. lol

Then they bought me the M3 for a steal. It was a year old with around 10k miles for a little over $40k. I still have the OEM wheels for memories, and recently sold the bumper (I actually had the bumper on sale in the misc section here for a while).I sold it for almost 20k more a few months later and just kept saving while investing in a few things which I enjoy.

Humor me, please. How did they manage to find a year old M3 for $40k when 2009's with 40k on the clock are going for $40k?

so jealous bro. love them both. 

if you ever feel like throwing a comptech blower on that NSX you should ship it out here to Driving Ambition. my buddy works there. and i assume you have heard of it being an NSX owner?

Goods
Kinda fast with no mods if you no how to drive
Doesn't need much to make it look good
I got alot of compliments
Reliable if you take care of it

Bad
not good in snow
Not good to take a trip in
Cop magnet
Can be a money pit if you get on that hasn't been taken care of
No mid grade or reg gas 93 only which may not be bad cause im shure you use it in a dc5.
Theft magnet
not having a back seat can be good and bad

If you plan on getting one ide keep the dc5 and get the s2k you wont want to daily it for long. Ide do work on the dc5 to make it faster to track. I had friends that broke drive shafts and rear diffs tracking there s2k and some that didnt

so jealous bro. love them both. 

if you ever feel like throwing a comptech blower on that NSX you should ship it out here to Driving Ambition. my buddy works there. and i assume you have heard of it being an NSX owner?
One day bro!  CT Supercharger would give it the HP that it lacks, just can't bring myself to drop 15K on it quite yet!  

Here are some pics I found online from Wekfest Texas, some incredible S2K's, NSX's, and a Skyline mixed in:

Is that Drake admiring the NSX?

Perhaps the most beautiful S2K I have ever seen:

Beautiful looking FR-S:

To the NTer looking for an S2000... Make sure you check out the suspension thoroughly. A very large number of S2k's didnt have their shipping spacers removed from the springs by the dealerships that sold them. This lead to many cars being driven for thousands of miles with spacers that were not intended for the car to go over 10mph.

This has happened to plenty of brands in small quantity due to dealership neglect, but the number of s2ks effected is alarmingly high. Over 40% of people polled on Honda forums have had this issue.

To the NTer looking for an S2000... Make sure you check out the suspension thoroughly. A very large number of S2k's didnt have their shipping spacers removed from the springs by the dealerships that sold them. This lead to many cars being driven for thousands of miles with spacers that were not intended for the car to go over 10mph.

This has happened to plenty of brands in small quantity due to dealership neglect, but the number of s2ks effected is alarmingly high. Over 40% of people polled on Honda forums have had this issue.

Wow, that's crazy. I've been researching on the S2k forums for the past week and never came across that.

Ive never heard of that for the 3 years I owned mine. When I bought mine it had aftermarket suspension on it though but some of my boys had stock suspension.

Back
Top Bottom