\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

ive been inside both the new mazda 3 and 6s

impressive inside an out imo, have not test drove though (both were loaded up)

just like all cars these days expensive

a fully loaded new mazda 3 was hittin for like 26-28k from what i recall

Last edited:
I saw the new regular hatch. Was so surprised at how small that thing was.

Always had a soft spot for Miatas tho.

Last edited:
The dealer wanted to schedule an oil change at 3.5k
I didn't schedule as to me not knowing when I will hit it.

Now that I'm researching and reading on the subbie forums, they recommend an oil change at 1k and then 3k miles intervals. I also want to use Amsoil Signature 5w-30 rather than the subaru oil, so I just can't wait to hit that 1k miles so I can at least rev it to 5k. I won't be doing hard pulls till about 1.5-2k, though, just to be safe.

It's strange, most people swear by Rotella T6 5w-40 for their STI's, but I think it's only necessary if you're going to be driving it really hard/hitting the track a lot.

Anyone have any experience with breaking in a car and changing oil at 1k?

Also, I want to get a magnetic drain plug. Can anyone inform me on the benefits of this?
Dudes are so anal about their cars on there I love it :lol:

I'm usually used to just taking my car to a reputable shop and paying for maintenance/service. I feel like I get to get more personal with my STI and it's :smokin

I'll probably run Rotella T6 if I ever mod my car and begin to track it, though. They say these engines love that oil.
Anyone else in here super anal about engine oil/ oil change intervals?

Just got me thinking with the whole breaking the engine in... I wonder if race teams put their engines thorough so many simulated miles, or if they're fresh outta the box... All before ready to race...

mazda is always being hated on .....ever since they were taken away from ford and i believe are made in japan now ? might be wrong theyve been nice cars..... i believe 03 + mazdas or 04+

I'll just say that I have used Mazda 3 parts on my old 07 Volvo S40. The trim and exteriors maybe slightly different, but many of these companies use the same plants to build their parts.

for those people saying mazda is ****, have you ever owned one or are you just comparing it to your ferrari?

More trucks. We grabbed this bad boy today
pimp.gif

I'm more of a Chevy man myself but can't deny that a Ram is mean as hell. Still gonna get me a Z71 sometime though

2pq2bls.jpg

u still have this?  hows the maintenance?  do u still love it just as much? ever thought about putting a snow plow on it?

What do you guys think of the new Mazda 3? Will they live up to the reviews or end up garbage? My girl has an 08 mazda 3 and has had a bunch of problems but this thing is lookin nice 

2014-Mazda3-Sedan_2.jpg
availability-of-2014-mazda-3.jpg

Actually looking to get rid of my Z just to pick up one of these. That ~40mpg is the clincher since all my other whips are such gas guzzlers.

it's kind of crazy to me that we have come so far in technology on cars, yet 40mpg is "extremely impressive" for a economy car these days, while the 94 civic hatchback my dad was using for his 3 hour commute was getting him 50mpg on the highway and 40-45 normal driving

it's kind of crazy to me that we have come so far in technology on cars, yet 40mpg is "extremely impressive" for a economy car these days, while the 94 civic hatchback my dad was using for his 3 hour commute was getting him 50mpg on the highway and 40-45 normal driving

crazy times we live in, huh?

crazy times we live in, huh?
lol yea man.  With the way gas prices have gone up, fuel mileage has become a much bigger deal lately than it has ever been before. They even have a mandatory average MPG that a car manufacturers cars need to get (an average between all of their cars combined). Yet cars from the 90s, and earlier, get as good or better gas mileage.

u can get an old school VW deisel truck that gets like 55mpg 
laugh.gif

91c89c40850c56423e913f8bfaf36570.jpg

Last edited:
Man i get like 10mpg :lol:

Im used to the cost but ino ppl with priuses and stuff driving hundreds of miles then filling up for twenty bucks

Man i get like 10mpg
laugh.gif

Im used to the cost but ino ppl with priuses and stuff driving hundreds of miles then filling up for twenty bucks
i get like 12-14 mpg in the in Evo depending how i drive.  But, e85 is like $1 cheaper per gallon than premium right now......

Back
Top Bottom