\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

boss boutta **** around and throw some chrome wrap on it :lol:
neo chrome wrap and some big *** rims.  next time we see his car posted it's gonna be lookin like:

They're nice cars but I would go IS F before I go M.
A2_zps06b00183.gif

:rofl:

I considered the IS-F prior to buying the M. Drive them back-to-back and you'll see why the M is a far better car.

QFT, I owned an IS350 for 3 years and test drove the IS-F twice. My family has owned 8 Lexus' since 1990. Any M is better than any Lexus period.

Anyone who prefers the IS-F either doesn't have a driver's license or has never driven both cars.

Choosing the M3 was a no-brainer. I had 2 of them.

Last edited:
They're nice cars but I would go IS F before I go M.

I considered the IS-F prior to buying the M. Drive them back-to-back and you'll see why the M is a far better car.

What makes you say that? I've heard on occasion that the ISF's ride is kind of stiff, but that's been fixed in the newer iterations. Besides that, it is significantly heavier than an M. I'm drawn to the ISF primarily on its reliability, and I don't see too many on the road. I love how low profile it is as well.

That's how i was with STI/Evo. 

My original plan was to sell my s2000 and get an STi, but then i started researching more into the two, drove them both, went with Evo

QFT, I owned an IS350 for 3 years and test drove the IS-F twice. My family has owned 8 Lexus' since 1990. Any M is better than any Lexus period.

Anyone who prefers the IS-F either doesn't have a driver's license or has never driven both cars.

Choosing the M3 was a no-brainer. I had 2 of them.

What makes it better, per se? Never driven either, but an E46 was my first car, and I've had an IS for nearly two years. Really considering an ISF in the next year or so. Don't feel like incurring hefty maintainance bills.

What makes you say that? I've heard on occasion that the ISF's ride is kind of stiff, but that's been fixed in the newer iterations. Besides that, it is significantly heavier than an M. I'm drawn to the ISF primarily on its reliability, and I don't see too many on the road. I love how low profile it is as well.

The M has outperformed the IS-F is every category. Like you mentioned, the ISF is heavier, and it lacks in handling.

Plus, for the amount of money the ISF is, having fake exhaust is ricer status.

mean.gif

you can even see the tiny real exhaust up inside of the top one.

Almost as cool as the newer mustangs pumpin fake engine noises through the speakers

Oh and fake scoops/vents on cars like mustangs and a lot of Toyotas

Last edited:
What makes it better, per se? Never driven either, but an E46 was my first car, and I've had an IS for nearly two years. Really considering an ISF in the next year or so. Don't feel like incurring hefty maintainance bills.

If maintenance bills are your primary concern then buy an extended warranty, in fact, an extended warranty should be factored in to the price of any car you are even considering. If you can't afford the car with the warranty then don't buy it.

It's like going out drinking and not taking an Uber or taxi. Bad idea.

As for why the M3 is better, take each car on a short drive. After you take the first turn in either car you will have made your decision, trust me.

The M has outperformed the IS-F is every category. Like you mentioned, the ISF is heavier, and it lacks in handling.

The quad exhaust could always be changed, though. I hear you on the handling, though. As far as holding value, and reliability though, is it safe to say that an ISF would prevail in that category?

Thanks for all the advice guys, no chrome or plasti-dip will go on da M 
laugh.gif

The only big thing I will do in the near future would be exhaust. 

Last edited:

:smh:

you can even see the tiny real exhaust up inside of the top one.

Almost as cool as the newer mustangs pumpin fake engine noises through the speakers

Oh and fake scoops/vents on cars like mustangs and a lot of Toyotas

While I agree that the M3 is the better car, there are so many cars that have fake tailpipes these days. Lexus is just the only company that gets laughed at.

Audi r8 and bugatti veyron, just to name a couple. :D

Last edited:

Thanks for all the advice guys, no chrome or plasti-dip will go on da M 
laugh.gif

The only big thing I will do in the near future would be exhaust. 
pimp.gif
 dat v8 needs to be heard

this is one of the best e92 exhausts i've heard:

Last edited:
The quad exhaust could always be changed, though. I hear you on the handling, though. As far as holding value, and reliability though, is it safe to say that an ISF would prevail in that category?

I can't speak for the reliability for the Lexus, but the M doesn't have any common issues that would sway you away. Yes there are guys with Rod Bearing issues, or blow motors, etc., but it all depends on how you drive it.

Like someone mentioned above, purchase extended warranty and you'll be good.

If maintenance bills are your primary concern then buy an extended warranty, in fact, an extended warranty should be factored in to the price of any car you are even considering. If you can't afford the car with the warranty then don't buy it.

It's like going out drinking and not taking an Uber or taxi. Bad idea.

As for why the M3 is better, take each car on a short drive. After you take the first turn in either car you will have made your decision, trust me.

What do you drive now? Still the M?

No, if you don't want to spend much, get the megan racing axle back with Macht Schnell test pipes.

Trust me.

No love for the OEM Mod + Test pipes? I'm loving this set up right now...

I previously had a MPE, but the dam thing cracked, and since I bought it second hand, I didn't have warranty. Sold it and went with the OEM Mod and Test Pipes and loving it.

What do you drive now? Still the M?

I sold the M a few months ago and got a 2013 911 Carrera S, and am picking up a Panamera S Hybrid on Friday as my daily. Pics of both my M and 911 can be found in this thread. My M3 was heavily modded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom