\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

There honestly is no comparison to Porsche.

Pretty much. But if you think about it, they've been building the 911 for over 50 years. That's 50 years they've had to perfect the car, which they most certainly have done. They've nailed things which you won't realize or appreciate until you drive other cars--ergonomics, driving visibility, blind spots (or lack thereof), etc. And the beauty of Porsche is they make something for everyone.

I flip-flop daily as to what my next P car is going to be, but at the moment I'm considering perhaps ordering a base 991 and throwing on a turbo-back exhaust, lowering it, adding some wheels, and calling it a day. Still need to drive one though.

Caught up to a Ferrari f12 on the highway over the weekend. I looked over and he was looking at me. He had gloves on so I'm guessing he has an alcantara steering wheel? All of a sudden he took off. I tried to keep up, but had absolutely no chance haha. He still had paper plates on his...not sure if it was brand new or just new to him, but it was real nice.

The only losers here are the people who paid 400/500/600k for their R.
Basically.

Porsche just mad they ain't price it at 500k and get that $$$
Nah Porsche ain't stupid. They know they could get that if they asked it.  And if they sold them at 500k sticker they would just pop up on the secondhand market for 800k instead....

The only ways for them to not have the cars get flipped is: 

- Produce more of the limited cars (won't happen, defeats the purpose of a limited car)

- Blacklist customers who resell the cars within a certain time period (which would end up making the used market crazy since so little of them would be available and all the people who missed out on an allocation at sticker would be lining up for them)

Anyway, Porsche already has like the biggest prophet margin per car of any manufacturer. 

Porsche takes pride in how much of a bargain their performance cars are (the sticker price at least).  Base price of around 150k for new GT3 and i think around 180k for GT3RS. Quite a deal.
I really want to get the panamera hybrid turbo s in the next 12 months but I also want to get a targa 4s but I want to see if they'll make a turbo version of it in the future .
i wonder when Porsche is going to use that hybrid (918 style) technology in a 911 platform. After seeing what they did with the new Panamera Turbo S hybrid, and how fast the current 911 Turbo S already is, it would be absolutely ridiculous. 

Last edited:
Blew my head gasket smh can only imagine how much it cost to replace the motor. Thinking of just getting a new car

Talked my way out of a racing ticket...smoked that STR8 Jeep..

Can't wait to install that K90 Laser Jammers on the car this week...

Blow head gasket doesnt mean you need a new motor broski. What kind of car?
96 Mazda 626. Not balling like you guys in here lol

Just looked your model up, you're looking at about $800 for a new engine on a '96

Much better than when my pistons warped on my old '06 accord.

I'd search eBay, or even any local junkyards/auto part yards around your area

Blow head gasket doesnt mean you need a new motor broski. What kind of car?
96 Mazda 626. Not balling like you guys in here lol
We all come from different walks player 
nthat.gif

I'm sure you'll get solid recommendations regardless of what route you decide to take. 

How much would you be looking at for a new ride?

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback. A new motor sounds like the cheapest option if that's what I need. I had plan on getting a few ride in August I was just looking for something in the 10-15 thousand rang like maybe a chevy Cruze. Not really trying to have a big car note because most of my money goes to student loans

Why not get the 2.3L L3-VDT EcoBoost that's in the Mustang...isn't that the same Mazda engine.

Those joints are faster than the V-6 Mustangs :lol:

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback. A new motor sounds like the cheapest option if that's what I need. I had plan on getting a few ride in August I was just looking for something in the 10-15 thousand rang like maybe a chevy Cruze. Not really trying to have a big car note because most of my money goes to student loans
That's plenty to make do with. In the normal car brand market I really like Hyundai and VW. There are a number of one or two year old cars you can find well within your budget. 

That's also enough to get into a  '11 or '12 Lexus ES, BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class f you wanted a little more but just depends on what you want from your car. 

If 10-15 is your budget but you were cool with the 96 Mazda until now you're probably pretty chill and not looking to stretch your pockets or deal with the possible headache of much more expensive repairs though

Why not get the 2.3L L3-VDT EcoBoost that's in the Mustang...isn't that the same Mazda engine.

Those joints is faster than the V-6 Mustang :lol:

It's a '96 mazda though

Dropping all that money on a new mustang engine, he could just put that money towards a new car :lol:

It's a '96 mazda though

Dropping all that money on a new mustang engine, he could just put that money towards a new car :lol:

Or do a LS swap..

Fastlane Performance quoted my homey a new stage 2 LS engine with parts/labor and tune for $4200

Speaking of repairs, the alternator in my 04 TSX just went out. When you guys buy replacement parts for such an important component of the car, do you guys care about the brand?

The OEM alternator is a Denso, looking online seems like they're discontinued. The only ones available are remanufactured, I was taught that for important mechanical/electrical parts brand new is the only way to go.

Those joints are faster than the V-6 Mustangs :lol:

Haha no it's just a 96 bucket that gets me from point A to point B nothing fancy at all. The crazy thing is I only paid $600 for the car and had it for 6 months so I will be paying more to fix it then what I paid for it. But that's my fault I should of did a better job on the car maintenance and learn my lesson the hard way

Speaking of repairs, the alternator in my 04 TSX just went out. When you guys buy replacement parts for such an important component of the car, do you guys care about the brand?

The OEM alternator is a Denso, looking online seems like they're discontinued. The only ones available are remanufactured, I was taught that for important mechanical/electrical parts brand new is the only way to go.

Nothing wrong with remanufactured comes with warranty.

I'm assuming just the engine would cost $800? That doesn't include the labor to take the old engine out and put the new one in?

An alternator isn't a big deal getting it remanufactured. I've personally haven't had a problem with it. And if you do it usually comes with a good warranty.

Just get a new car. If it's not the engine that's going to go, something else will. Car is only as good as its weakest link.

Joint is 20 years old. Had more than a good run.
This. 10-15k will get you a civic or accord that'll last you years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom