Post your favorite "chill" songs (if you know what i mean) or just relaxing songs in general

Gilles Peterson's Nelson Mandela Tribute Mix

I'm a huge Gilles Peterson fan. I posted this in the Mandela thread in General when he passed (RIP). But I was listening to it just now & thought I'd also post in there also. This is Peterson's tribute mix to Mandela.

Playlist

1 - Simphiwe Dana - Zundiqondisise
2 - Dollar Brand - Ishmael
3 - Sathima Bea Benjamine - Music
4 - Hugh Masakela - What Is Wrong With Groovin
5 - Harmonius Serenade Choir - Lyo
6 - Gil Scott Heron - Johannesburg
7 - Letta Mbullu - Mahlalela
8 - Protest Meeting - Amandla
9 - Hugh Masakela - Stimela
10 - Miles Davis - Big Time
11 - Miriam Makeba - Soweto Blues
12 - Maze featuring Frankie Beverley - Mandela
13 - Abdullah Ibrahim - Did You Hear That Sound?
14 - Vusi Mahlasela - Kuzobenani Na?
15 - John Wizards - Jabu Ley

GXNXVS & CVIRO - Let Me Love You

Common - A Song For Assata (Common track & instrumental)

Wish the The Soulquarians would do more work. In this day & age you can put out mixgtape & such & really blow up "the internets".

This track was had James Poyser on bass & keys, ?uestlove on drums along with Larry Gold manning the string section & Jeff Lee Johnson on guitar.

Last edited:
Been meaning to listen to Air for awhile, and decided to play Moon Safari this morning. I've had the album on my iPod for about two years at this point.

Definitely going to check more from them.

Marconi Union - Weightless

Posted on the youtube page accompanying the video...

British indie band Marconi Union wrote this eight minute track, called "Weightless", in collaboration with the British Academy of Sound Therapy in October 2011. According to scientists at the Mindlab institution, Marconi Union's Weightless induced a 65% reduction in overall anxiety and brought test subjects' resting pulse rates to 35% of their usual resting rates. The song features guitar, piano and manipulated field recordings. It is punctuated throughout by low tones that supposedly induce a trance-like state. This piece of relaxing music propelled the band into the worldwide media spotlight. In November 2011, Marconi Union were featured in Time.

Willie Hutch - The Shortest Distance (Big K.R.I.T. - Neva Go Back)

I've posted these songs before in one of these threads but the original & the BIG KRIT track are just so chill... Never understood why Hutch made the original track so short.

Some of ya'll might know this song from Hutch from this killer soundtrack from the 80s...

Jazz Liberatorz - Blue Avenue

The Jazzual Suspects - This Beat

Quantic - Time Is The Enemy

Gramatik - Afternoon Soul & No Way Out

Last edited:
Isaiah Rashad - RIP Kevin Miller (Instrumental)

The song (a tribute to Master P's slain little brother) is ok, but the beat by Black Metaphor is :smokin...

Devin The Dude - see what i could pull  
pimp.gif

Last edited:
psk

also dope Aesop Rock track

That bassline :smokin

Just recently got put on to these guys, Exmag. They have a smooth West Coast G-funk type of sound and most of their album is flames imo. Here's a small sample

The whole thing's up on Soundcloud,I recommend giving it a spin . Laid back funky vibes

Back
Top Bottom