Post Your Motorcycle

Riding season is upon us for those of us in the Northeast. Gotta change my oil/filter and clean my chain then I'll be back on two wheels.

Out of curiosity, has anyone in here used car oil in their bike rather than motorcycle oil? I was curious about the difference and some people claim it's all marketing and others say they've done it and killed their engine.
I've heard of people using Rotella with no issues. I was going to use Rotella last season because 1 gallon was cheaper than 2 qts of cycle oil but I didn't want to hang on to that gallon. 

I bought a project car and planned to sell my bike and stop riding but man I went for a ride on Sunday and couldn't hold in all the excitement of being on 2 wheels. Dammit why does it have to be so addicting lol.

I'm so tempted to just get a bike, without a license, and practicing in a parking lot. Rather do that and learn than going into the exam with no experience.

Last edited:
I use Rotella in my CBR no issues. Great price in Walmart.

Thanks for the response. What kind of Rotella are you using? I did some quick Googling and saw some people say to avoid using T6. I've been using Valvoline 4-Stroke 10w-40 the past few seasons, maybe I'll try out Rotella.

Last edited:
Stock 2014 SUZUKI DR650SE

Supermoto kit is in the mail

I'm in Jersey :nerd:

Stock 2014 SUZUKI DR650SE

Supermoto kit is in the mail

I'm in Jersey :nerd:

How off road can you go on these?

I have a big bulky cruiser that's great for long trips but I don't get the adrenaline rush like on a nifty sport bike...

But I've been thinking about getting a dirt bike and just wandering Around the city like it's a grand theft auto game.

Any insight on street vs dirt Bikes?

How off road can you go on these?

I have a big bulky cruiser that's great for long trips but I don't get the adrenaline rush like on a nifty sport bike...

But I've been thinking about getting a dirt bike and just wandering Around the city like it's a grand theft auto game.

Any insight on street vs dirt Bikes?

DIRT BIKES ARENT STREET LEGAL...

GENERALLY TOP SPEED IS 85-100MPH :lol:

I'm so tempted to just get a bike, without a license, and practicing in a parking lot. Rather do that and learn than going into the exam with no experience.

THE EXAM IS THE EASIEST TEST YOU WILL EVER TAKE. JUST PAY ATTENTION.

I WENT IN WITH ZERO EXPERIENCE AND SCORED THE HIGHEST SCORE OUT OF MY ENTIRE CLASS.

I WENT AND GOT MY ENDORSEMENT ON MY LICENSE THE FOLLOWING DAY....

BUT 7/10 RIDERS DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ENDORSEMENT ON THEIR LICENSE BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS OUT RIDING... AT LEAST HERE IN MEMPHIS.

HERE 90% OF MOTORCYCLES ARE DIRTY IN 1 OF 3 WAYS: EXPIRED TAGS, NO INSURANCE, RIDER DOESNT HAVE THE "M" ENDORSEMENT..... AND YOU WILL COME ACROSS RIDERS WHO ARE 3 OF 3 DIRTY :lol: :lol:

Dirt bikes can be street legal. You just need a horn, lights and inspection I belive. I see em all the time on the freeway.

I suggest the MSF course. I took it and learned a lot.

thunderchunk69 thunderchunk69 Gonna look clean with a SM kit. Post final pics. I dig the 400SM color combo that Suzuki offers.

Dirt bikes can be street legal. You just need a horn, lights and inspection I belive. I see em all the time on the freeway.

It depends on your DMV requirements. For Cali it needs to have turn signals too.

My Grom has a top speed of under 70 :lol: ...got on the freeway once, never again.

YEA GROM'S ON THE EWAY IS A INSTANT L :x :x :smh: :lol:

FASTEST IVE GOTTEN MY BIKE UP TO IS 156MPH... IN 5TH... I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE IT TOPS OUT AT... DONT THINK I WANT TO FIND OUT :lol:

Last edited:
YEA GROM'S ON THE EWAY IS A INSTANT L :x :x :smh: :lol:

FASTEST IVE GOTTEN MY BIKE UP TO IS 156MPH... IN 5TH... I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE IT TOPS OUT AT... DONT THINK I WANT TO FIND OUT :lol:
Top speeds Ive hit:
2002 GSXR750 120ish
2007 GSXR1000 160ish :x never again
2014 Grom maybe 65 on a downhill with the wind on my back :lol:
2011 848 140ish
Im not a speed freak but if Im on a wide open stretch of highway Ill push it for a bit.

Last edited:
Top speeds Ive hit:
2002 GSXR750 120ish
2007 GSXR1000 160ish :x never again
2014 Grom maybe 65 on a downhill with the wind on my back :lol:
2011 848 140ish
Im not a speed freak but if Im on a wide open stretch of highway Ill push it for a bit.

NICE!

AND SAME HERE, OPEN STRETCH I'LL CRACK IT OPEN FOR A SEC... WHEN I WAS AT 156 AND MY HELMET WAS PRESSED UP AGAINST MY FACE, I LET OFF :lol: I COULDNT HANDLE IT :lol: :rofl:

I MAINLY JUST CRUISE AT ABOUT 85-90 ON THE E-WAY, THAT WAY IM ROLLING WITH TRAFFIC FOR THE MOST PART... I DONT DO THAT LANE SPLITTING ISH MOST OF THE DUDES DO HERE ON THE E-WAY. I ONLY LANE SPLIT AT RED LIGHTS SO I CAN GET UP TO THE FRONT.... ESPECIALLY DURING RUSH HOUR, MY LEG BE COOKIN WHEN ITS WARM OUTSIDE AND THAT RADIATOR FAN KICKS ON :smh:

172 on my CBR. I want to max it out but I'm older and wiser. Doubt I ever will. I hit 120-140 on occasion but I just chill on my bike for the most part now.

165 indicated on '15 636 is my max. Don't really push it past 115 or so anymore, maybe once every blue moon.

My personal record is 165mph when I used to have my 899 Panigale.

Last edited:
172 on my CBR. I want to max it out but I'm older and wiser. Doubt I ever will. I hit 120-140 on occasion but I just chill on my bike for the most part now.
I hit 172 on my GSXR back in the day.  Was maxed out.   Long slight decline stretch of highway that you could see for 3+ miles. 

Head was bobbling like crazy from the wind

BUT 7/10 RIDERS DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ENDORSEMENT ON THEIR LICENSE BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS OUT RIDING... AT LEAST HERE IN MEMPHIS.

HERE 90% OF MOTORCYCLES ARE DIRTY IN 1 OF 3 WAYS: EXPIRED TAGS, NO INSURANCE, RIDER DOESNT HAVE THE "M" ENDORSEMENT..... AND YOU WILL COME ACROSS RIDERS WHO ARE 3 OF 3 DIRTY
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
HA!

I'm 3 of 3, but I'll be legal next week.  I've been riding since 3/19 and got on 55/240 for the first time the other day.  Had to hit up Fletcher Cycles in the Mound.

I'm a new rider and I'm more comfortable with the highway than the city streets.  Memphis roads are terrible, so I just ride the back roads in Desoto and Tunica County MS.  

Last night I got up to 105 mph on Hwy 61

HA!

I'm 3 of 3, but I'll be legal next week.  I've been riding since 3/19 and got on 55/240 for the first time the other day.  Had to hit up Fletcher Cycles in the Mound.

I'm a new rider and I'm more comfortable with the highway than the city streets.  Memphis roads are terrible, so I just ride the back roads in Desoto and Tunica County MS.  

Last night I got up to 105 mph on Hwy 61

HAHA! LOL! RIGHT ON CUZ THE POLICE ARE CRACKING DOWN ON BIKERS.

I HEARD FLETCHERS IS GOOD FOR MAINTENANCE.

AND YEA ALL THE STREETS HERE ARE BUNZ... I TRY TO TAKE THE SAME ROUTES WHEREVER I GO SO I'LL KNOW WHAT LANES TO RIDE IN.

AND YEA ME AND MY BOY WERE OUT ON I40 AND I240 LAST NIGHT DOING 120-130MPH PULLS :lol:

Snapped the bolt on my oil filter cover so my first ride of the season is gonna be delayed...

So mad at myself for snapping it. :smh: This is probably the 5th or 6th time I've changed my oil but supposedly the bolts on my bike are notoriously fragile. But still :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom