Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Idk if y'all follow dude or not.
Works for Lids on the coprperare level I believe.

wonder how these will look and fit especially the crown

those classic joints shouldn't have a batterman on the back either imo!!! :wink: but they prob will...yall love them :lol: and tagging is pseudo post-batterman

and green underbrim when applicable!

Last edited:
those classic joints shouldn't have a batterman on the back either imo!!! :wink: but they prob will...yall love them :lol: and tagging is pseudo post-batterman

and green underbrim when applicable!
Youll really like the new Ultimate patch ASG caps that lids has. I had to laugh when I saw the '81 Indians featuring a Wahoo and a green under and batterman.. As I asked in a PM about a sports specialties indians on field, the team never had a wahoo and green under at the same time. In '81 they still had their block C. So what they are selling for $40 is a mythical on field. And no on field design pre '92 should have a batterman, that's a given.

Like is a strong word for these latest "retro classics". By the looks of the 5950 label, that rings right to the 93-95 era of on fields. I doubt they are going for that sort of label accuracy to match colors and logos.

Specifics. The all teal Marlins came out in 93-95. It only ever did have a batterman and the 5950 tag seems to match. This may be the only one that they are showing that is 100% accurate.

The Whitesox cursive "C" was around late 80s/early 90s. It shouldnt feature a 5950 tag, or a batterman.
Same with the Phillies maroon. Last seen late 80s/early 90s. It shouldnt feature a 5950 tag, or a batterman.

The CA Angels did re introduce that design around 93-96, so they would actually be right with the batterman and 5950 tagging.

It seems like they should have just went with a 25th Anniversary retro edition and bring back every hat from 1992-93. Yet they over stepped with the Whitesox and Phillies caps. I am guessing they will be about 60% correct when they finally release all of the hats. Although I suspect they wont get little details like lack of raised embroidery right, where some teams didnt get it until '95 and beyond.

It still seems feasible that you would have to go back to the originals to get a true to spec design. A multi million dollar company who doesnt want to go the extra mile.. Sad

Last edited:
Reactions: uno
A nice gem of a pickup here today
1994-1995 teal alternate Seattle Mariners on field

Most remembered by me was when Griffey won the '94 HRD with it on. The team rarely wore it in '94 and '95. A bit of a one off.

Crown is a bit dented and deflated but for less than a #3 at Wendys, I'll take it. While many went for the Hat Club exclusive @ $40 and a tonal NE flag, nothing tops the original.

Here's a bit of a compare and contrast.

The brighter teal is a cooperstown collection hat from lids (not to be confused with the hat club exclusive). I swear half the time the staff that puts these together sees photos online and doesn't necersarily have access to the real thing.

In certain lighting situations, the OG '94 appears much more vivid than it really is. In person, it's the same shade of teal that is still used today.

Another thing to note, the cooperstown collection hat has a raised logo on the front. Seattle didn't go raised until 1996. That and the raised flag on the back and the underbrim being navy, the cooperstown collection hat is pretty much trash in my book. I thought it'd be a lot closer.

Here's a 2000 on field to compare colors. Pretty much identical.

Last edited:
Add another gem to the book. I know I said I'd never buy a hat of theirs. It was too hard to pass up.

Nice eBay grab the other day

Two photos on the site. Not exactly described wrong. Ended less than $20. Took a chance with them saying it was used. I make a bigger mess after one wear than what I see here.

After looking at different websites, I'm calling this one a first year grey under 1994/1995 NY Yankees on field. I guess in '96, there was some foam padding added to the NY logo to make it stand out more. This one does appear more of a flat embroidery. Absolute steal imho. And the 7 3/4 isn't shrunken down like a lot of '99-'06 wools can be.

Damn Nice Pickup Wally! And based on this link, which I always use for reference, it is a 94-96 hat. Very Very Excellent pickup!

http://ballcapblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/chronology-of-new-era-cap-tags.html?m=1

ya, no logo in the back is good thing imo 8) nice pick-up

does it get any more 'murican than a baseball hat with a gun caliber logo?

Last edited:
All were made in Derby, NY which is an automatic plus for me. None of that crazy high crown mess with the super stiff boning either. Fit wise these are perfect. The way the wool smelled fresh out the box was reminiscent of the days of old. They even come with dents on the sides like the days of old [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Marlins hats is the only one not true to the original fabric and that was do to the material not being available.
2qkkqqp.jpg

^ how many teams are we looking at? Is what was shown above just about all we'll see? Price point? I wonder if they'll do a soft roll out to gauge interest and then make it much more common.

ElijahDukes, eBay. Not exactly described wrong. Ended with two bids. I mentioned before, a lot of hats of this era can feel soft or deflated. That's it's only flaw. I had to stick a piece of cardboard in the crown under the sweatband to prop it up a bit.

I'll tell you this much. I'll never sell a hat auction style. Most heavy hitters tend to sit for weeks to months near MSRP. Ifs definitely more of a buying market right now. The teal Mariners, I've seen for months to years in small to regular sizes for cheap. It's just a matter of not a lot of people bidding up on hats. They'd rather drop 2x-4x for an inferior "current product". Their loss. Our gain.

Alot of sellers get impatient that they'll discount their BIN for weeks to months until its really cheap. That's when Ive jumped in before. Others stand strong with higher prices. Auction style, there doesn't seem to be enough interest. Cheap stuff for days. I've gotten like 9 on fields for $60 via auction style. I do search twice a day using various search terms.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the first "cooperstown" collection hats came about? I see some online with 2002 era tags that also include the "Cooperstown Collection" tag.

Roman Pro throwback hats started carrying the original CC logo in 1989.
American Needle soon after. New Era after that.

I don't know an exact year for New Era because they weren't the first.

Last edited:
Forgot the hats in my friends car.

Got these Levi's joints in from my guys at NE. They'll retail for $40 bucks. They look great, crown is just too high for me.
sza046.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up the Yankees 2017 All Star Game fitted and idk if its just me, but the sizing is off. I wear a 7 5/8 in all my other hats and this one is super tight. Gonna have to try a 7 3/4 and hope it's not too big. Did anyone else have this issue with the All Star Game hats?

New Era sizing has been inconsistent for years, ordering online is always a gamble because of this. You can take it to a New Era flagship store and get it stretched out for free though.

Just picked up the Yankees 2017 All Star Game fitted and idk if its just me, but the sizing is off. I wear a 7 5/8 in all my other hats and this one is super tight. Gonna have to try a 7 3/4 and hope it's not too big. Did anyone else have this issue with the All Star Game hats?

The 4th of July hat gave me issues. I'm normally a 7 1/2 and I had to size up because of the fit. It's possibly the new materials the Stars and Stripes and All Star hats are constructed with.

2009-2010 was probably the last year sizing was consistent. I have some 2011 WS cool base hats that just dont fit like they should. Now with made in china specialty on fields becoming more prevalent, it's just a mess. Then last year they started introducing IMPORTED MATERIALS to Made in USA hats, so the problems have just escalated.

I don't worry about buying vintage online, or first year poly (with the blue/white NE logo), those sizes are amazing. It's just become a recent trend in lower quality all around. I know a 7 7/8 wool on field will fit me perfectly. Whereas with todays releases, even an 8 can fit me tight. So stretching has become the only option really.

Last edited:
new era sizing never been consistent... from shop to shop sizes run big or small.

Last edited:

That is my same size (7 5/8) and my mariners all star hat is super tight on me. Also feels like a low profile hat. I ordered it from Eastbay because their all star hats don't have the huge patch on them. I'll stretch it out and call it good enough.

Ebates has been having 9% cashback at lids. I doubt it still is up when the retro classic line drops.

From the same source that showed off the others, we have this

19984608_931693413637567_759628093726916608_n.jpg

I guess we go beyond on field specifics, as a black and white SD cap has zero significance ANYWHERE at any given time. I think it's safe to say we will be seeing some custom color combos. I guess the only thing retro classic about a lot of these will be that they are wool and made in the USA, quite the rarity. You can't win them all.

--------------

Hmm. I guess I didnt check lids good enough. A good dozen are up there. My size missing already.. What a disappointment. I hope they restock.

Classic Twins M is a must for me.
Then they have your typical rangers Red, Mets Royal, Tigers orange D, Anaheim Angels Disney wings in Navy and most of the ones already mentioned.

Price is $36.99. I'd sure love to use that ebates on top of 20% off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom