Post your unpopular music opinions

I think hip hop/rnb  are aware thay they have a negative influence in society but wont change because is the new wave i.e rihanna is a bonafide thot and her following is crazy.

N's4Life is way better than Straight Outta Compton
No One Can Do It Better is better than Straight Outta Compton
Compton's better than 2001

I think hip hop/rnb  are aware thay they have a negative influence in society but wont change because is the new wave i.e rihanna is a bonafide thot and her following is crazy.

Rihanna is a lot more tame than Madonna was and even Miley now

but she's black

Last edited:
Rihanna is a lot more tame than Madonna was and even Miley now

but she's black
You're right i guess the i forgot the tittle was "Music" not just hip hop/rnb i dont think nobody wanted to be like Madonna the way these girls want to be like rihrih tho, i dont even think she gets the praise she deserves as an og thot lol people forgot how thotious she was.

dynasty album is jays best project ever

dipset and g unit>>>>>>wutang

soulja boy is one of the forefathers of this generation 

kanye fell off after graduation

michael jackson is an overrated dancer 

future is a poor mans trap version of prime busta rhymes 

LOL at DJ Quik being the best rapper on any label. I love Quik but let's be real.

I def agree, but he got down on "Dollars and Sense". That's just my opinion though, whenever I hear or see Quik mentioned all that comes to mind is " e-i-h-t, now should I continue, yeah, you left out the g cuz the g ain't in you".

DJ Quik is perhaps not the best rapper but is a great artist nonetheless. His production is second to none and he has far more personality in his rhymes than most rappers.

Madonna has always lacked talent, and she shouldn't be deemed the "Queen of Pop." That title belongs to Janet Jackson.

Rihanna is an awful artist who has remained relevant solely because she drops an album every 9 months and she's naked in every photoshoot/music video she does. It's been 3 years since her last album which is why her team is scared to death right now. None of the new gimmicks they have tried have gotten her a hit/buzz poppin again and they don't want her new album to flop.

The Weeknd cannot sing, therefore he is incredibly overrated. There is nothing "Michael Jackson-esque" about his talent or his song making ability, and he doesn't have the talent required to last and be an all-timer. His lyrics lack substance and self-awareness and most the people who obsess over his work are just as narcissistic as he is. They just appreciate the shock value of his vanity-laced lyrics which pretty much represent the mind state of our current generation.

Drake is one of the most overrated artists to ever do this. He's been catapulted to the top because of his dual ability to rap and sing...however he CAN'T sing, and he raps with the same flows constantly. Lyrical ability is extremely limited. He's an actor playing the role of a hip-hop star, and it has worked tremendously.

Chris Brown's best work came out between the ages of 16-18. Since then, he has repeatedly released low quality albums and he has never improved his vocal ability whatsoever. He constantly lip syncs and rarely sings live. When he does, his voice is cracking all over the damn place. I suppose he's too busy flossing and becoming a blood and going to court to actually work on his craft that has made him a millionaire. He's not even mentionable in the same breath as Usher...let ALONE MJ.

Beyoncé is the greatest female entertainer of all time. She is lacking in substance/musical content, but her live performance ability is nothing short of phenomenal. She is one of the only artists EVER who can go onstage and bust out some high octane choreography, and sing every note at the same time and sound just like her record, if not better.

Kanye West dropped 3 classics back to back to back coming into the game, which solidifies his all-time place in history for me. Incredible pieces of art. However, he's gotten a lot of free passes since then. MDATF is often mentioned as his best album, but whenever people say that, it lets me know what type of listener they are. That album was extremely lacking on lyrical content, which is why it pales in comparison to his early work. It's become quite clear to me that he had cats helping him write his raps because his content on albums 1-3 is >>>>> 4-6. Major difference, but Kanye stans won't admit it.

Miguel is cool, but his music is average and he'll never be an all-timer.

Frank Ocean has impeccably unique phrasing, which is what I enjoy the most about his music. But Channel Orange was incredibly overrated solely due to the lack of competition he faced. That album is not special and his vocals are not special either. When you go back in recent R&B history and think of albums like Brown Sugar, Voodoo, My Life, Baduizm, Mama's Gun, TP-2.com, etc...you notice just how far off he is from that level of greatness.

Trey Songz is a copycat and vocally he sounds like a billy goat. Baaa baaa black sheep, have you any wool??

Future is not very talented and his future is limited. I won't even argue it because he's hot right not, but all his fanboys can scribble this down on a piece of paper :lol:. Remember this in a few years when no one cares anymore about his computer-aided, drug-induced warbling on wax. His time is ticking so enjoy it while it lasts...

Justin Timberlake is a product of his producers, not the other way around. You could have given the songs on Justified/FSLS to a plethora of artists and they would have been massively successful. You don't hear a JT song and think, "oh snap, that's gotta be that new JT!" You think..."Ok Timbo, ok Neptunes...yall back on yalls **** again! Heat!" He's generic and quite fortunate.

That's all I have for right now...

All I know is that when it comes to Death Row artists, I'll take Kurupt & Quik over everybody else.

I agree with the guy above that said Chris Brown was better during his younger days. That "Wall 2 Wall" is still my favorite track from him. I thought Trey Songz was going to be something special when he first came out with  "Just Gotta Make It".

Ne-Yo is the best male r&b artist/writer out right now.

Jhene Aiko isn't worth ish when it comes to singing.

Tinashe is a real good singer, but I feel like they're not promoting her right.

"Starr" by Teeflii is a slept on r&b album

Last edited:
Madonna has always lacked talent, and she shouldn't be deemed the "Queen of Pop." That title belongs to Janet Jackson.

Rihanna is an awful artist who has remained relevant solely because she drops an album every 9 months and she's naked in every photoshoot/music video she does. It's been 3 years since her last album which is why her team is scared to death right now. None of the new gimmicks they have tried have gotten her a hit/buzz poppin again and they don't want her new album to flop.

The Weeknd cannot sing, therefore he is incredibly overrated. There is nothing "Michael Jackson-esque" about his talent or his song making ability, and he doesn't have the talent required to last and be an all-timer. His lyrics lack substance and self-awareness and most the people who obsess over his work are just as narcissistic as he is. They just appreciate the shock value of his vanity-laced lyrics which pretty much represent the mind state of our current generation.

Drake is one of the most overrated artists to ever do this. He's been catapulted to the top because of his dual ability to rap and sing...however he CAN'T sing, and he raps with the same flows constantly. Lyrical ability is extremely limited. He's an actor playing the role of a hip-hop star, and it has worked tremendously.

Chris Brown's best work came out between the ages of 16-18. Since then, he has repeatedly released low quality albums and he has never improved his vocal ability whatsoever. He constantly lip syncs and rarely sings live. When he does, his voice is cracking all over the damn place. I suppose he's too busy flossing and becoming a blood and going to court to actually work on his craft that has made him a millionaire. He's not even mentionable in the same breath as Usher...let ALONE MJ.

Beyoncé is the greatest female entertainer of all time. She is lacking in substance/musical content, but her live performance ability is nothing short of phenomenal. She is one of the only artists EVER who can go onstage and bust out some high octane choreography, and sing every note at the same time and sound just like her record, if not better.

Kanye West dropped 3 classics back to back to back coming into the game, which solidifies his all-time place in history for me. Incredible pieces of art. However, he's gotten a lot of free passes since then. MDATF is often mentioned as his best album, but whenever people say that, it lets me know what type of listener they are. That album was extremely lacking on lyrical content, which is why it pales in comparison to his early work. It's become quite clear to me that he had cats helping him write his raps because his content on albums 1-3 is >>>>> 4-6. Major difference, but Kanye stans won't admit it.

Miguel is cool, but his music is average and he'll never be an all-timer.

Frank Ocean has impeccably unique phrasing, which is what I enjoy the most about his music. But Channel Orange was incredibly overrated solely due to the lack of competition he faced. That album is not special and his vocals are not special either. When you go back in recent R&B history and think of albums like Brown Sugar, Voodoo, My Life, Baduizm, Mama's Gun, TP-2.com, etc...you notice just how far off he is from that level of greatness.

Trey Songz is a copycat and vocally he sounds like a billy goat. Baaa baaa black sheep, have you any wool??

Future is not very talented and his future is limited. I won't even argue it because he's hot right not, but all his fanboys can scribble this down on a piece of paper :lol:. Remember this in a few years when no one cares anymore about his computer-aided, drug-induced warbling on wax. His time is ticking so enjoy it while it lasts...

Justin Timberlake is a product of his producers, not the other way around. You could have given the songs on Justified/FSLS to a plethora of artists and they would have been massively successful. You don't hear a JT song and think, "oh snap, that's gotta be that new JT!" You think..."Ok Timbo, ok Neptunes...yall back on yalls **** again! Heat!" He's generic and quite fortunate.

That's all I have for right now...

If that is all that you have for now, please sit down, watch a game, perhaps have a drink or put one in the air and come back because your points are damn dead on, so I would be interested in reading more because I agree with everything you stated.

I can't take anyone 100% serious who feels Future is a gimmick.

It's like yall have your minds made up as to what type of artist he is, and can't see past it. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom