Privacy Issues at Home?

i wish i had a lock on my door
smh.gif

me and my girl do stuff in my room and half the time I'll be looking at the door waiting for that knob to turn
smh.gif

Originally Posted by thewodun

So recently my mom found out I am a user of marijuana. Ever since then she has been on my case about it. I'm not going to stop my use of weed because of this though. And I told her this. That was about a month ago. Fast forward to today. I come home from a long day at work, so I want to lay back and smoke one. I go into my drawer and what do you know? My sack of weed is missing
indifferent.gif
. So I'm searching through the drawer.. nothing. I also remembered hiding a cap of E in there too. And that also went missing! Anyways.. I'm like 99% sure my mother took it. So what do I do about it? Ask her if she stole my drugs? Tell her to stop going through my stuff? or just buy some more? what do i do?!?

i would stop being selfish and start thinking about your mom; it's obvious that it's she that has the serious drug problem, sneaking into your roomwhen your away and then smoking your purple haze and popping your crimzon dolphin.

Originally Posted by thewodun

ya ok ill take the L or whatever you cool guys call it. i lost some weed its not a big deal really. and im not trying to justify my drug use. i know its bad and everything. I was just trying to start this discussion about privacy at home..Can we say I was hiding a secret letter and she snooped around my room and found it? is that still ok? like what are the limits? Anything goes just because its "her" house? It is really my dads too. He doesn't have a huge problem with it. He knows I'm still young and just like to have fun. But I guess he has to follow what my mom is saying. just because it has more of a meaning when both of them are on my ##+ about it?..
No one is judging you on your drug use or anything- at least I am not, its more the principle behind it all. Regardless of what it is, legal orillegal, if its not cool with your mom and she has made it clear in the past, theres really nothing you can do until you are on your own. You can hide stuffbetter, stop, or not do it at home but the point is that while you live with her you gotta abide by her rules. And if your dad doesn't have a problem withit then maybe all of you should address the situation, he may help convince your mom if its that big a deal.

Most NTers will always side with the parents over anything even though I know that at least some of the people saying that, you have should not have anycontrol over what you put into your body, have also disobeyed their parents while they live or have lived at home. The rest of the people blindly siding withyour mom are either dominated by their mothers or they are the types who know nothing about marijuana and consider it to be equally as addictive and damagingas hard drugs. That is evident by someone saying that you are associating "with known drug dealers" as if you have Tony Montana dropping by everyday. Anyone who knows even a modicum about marijuana knows that a typical "dealer" is your boy, who you've known since middle school, and thedrug lords are separated by at least half dozen intermediaries.

It is one thing if your mom is looking out for you and got upset over you driving drunk, doing hard drugs, stealing or being in a gang but opposing marijuanahas no valid basis other than someone inflicting their own prejudices on another person. This is true for public policy or a private house hold. Unless yoursmoke is causing a bad smell in the rest of the house or disturbing someone's allergies, smoking marijuana is a lifestyle choice that should be respected.

Respect your mother but transcend ignorance, regardless of where it comes from, and in this case your mother is giving into the ignorance and superstition thathas led to marijuana being unfairly demonized.

Originally Posted by streetchemistry

Originally Posted by infamousod

file a police report that your mother stole narcotics from you that you stashed in her house. that'll show her.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i remember seeing an episode of cops where some chick did this with coke.

Originally Posted by phaze1123

You need to move out and learn some respect. It's your mom's house and she sets the guidelines. Even if by chance you pay some rent or help with some bills, she's your mom and you should respect that she doesn't want illegal activity going on in her house. Believe it or not, I burn, but I never left any paraphanlia in my parent's house. I went to college, burned whenever I wanted and left it wherever I wanted. After college I got a job and never had to move back home...Get your +*% together and live life the way you want.
pimp.gif

Good words.... planning on getting my stuff right this year and just blowing my head off when I get the chance to celebrate my accomplishments

Till then I will put my w away
mad.gif
frown.gif

But dude you took the L when your mom FOUND OUT you were smoking weed. If you were more careful about your recreational activities (that's what I considerweed, just like peeps like to drink some like to puff). Once she found out and you were still living at home thats when you should have temporarily...quit. Shewas bound to snoop through your things because

1. It's her house
2. She already knew you smoked so while still living in her house she will do anyhting in her power to make sure your "ok" and nothing shady goes onin her house

so you have no rights in her crib
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Most NTers will always side with the parents over anything even though I know that at least some of the people saying that, you have should not have any control over what you put into your body, have also disobeyed their parents while they live or have lived at home.

grammar time

Originally Posted by MvP07

Most NTers will always side with the parents over anything even though I know that at least some of the people saying that, you have should not have any control over what you put into your body, have also disobeyed their parents while they live or have lived at home.

grammar time
OMG from Rex???

Signs of 2012

Originally Posted by lil rell

respect your mom's house.
her roof=her rules.

all there is to it....This has got to be the funniest thing ive read in a while. Duke is dead serious
roll.gif

And to REX, If you live in my house, and we boys, if i pay the bills, and again you livin wit me, if i say no chicken in my house, you dont bring chicken inthe house.

its a respect thing.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

lil rell wrote:

respect your mom's house.

her roof=her rules.

all there is to it....This has got to be the funniest thing ive read in a while. Duke is dead serious
roll.gif

And to REX, If you live in my house, and we boys, if i pay the bills, and again you livin wit me, if i say no chicken in my house, you dont bring chicken in
the house.

its a respect thing.

That's all there is to it

Really though, @#!%+* are still having drug wars with momma dukes at age 19
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Thats a damn shame, I mean i had the same issue...when i was in the 8th grade, it was a mute point after i discovered that little slot in the back of the PS2

Honestly just find a better hiding spot for your goods...you're trying to tell me you can't hide a sack in a better spot than yourdrawer?

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

That's all there is to it

Really though, @#!%+* are still having drug wars with momma dukes at age 19
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Thats a damn shame, I mean i had the same issue...when i was in the 8th grade, it was a mute point after i discovered that little slot in the back of the PS2

Honestly just find a better hiding spot for your goods...you're trying to tell me you can't hide a sack in a better spot than your drawer?
laugh.gif
for real dude deserves to have it found. I mean, I'vebeen stashing stuff in baggy clothes and on top of my closet where my mom cant reach, for damn near 5 years. I've had a bag hidden in my closet for 6months (
sick.gif
, but it was free, so
eyes.gif
) and she's even gone through some of the closet "hanging upclothes."

STEP YA HIDING GAME UP, OP.

And to REX, If you live in my house, and we boys, if i pay the bills, and again you livin wit me, if i say no chicken in my house, you dont bring chicken in the house.

its a respect thing.

Well that view of the head of the household having absolute power over everyone else in the household's lives is a tad antediluvian, simplistic,patriarchal and in some ways dangerous.

How far should this go. If the parents are racist and they command their children to share in that racism and tell them to never bring over friends of adifferent color, should the kids show "respect" their parents' wishes and share in that bigotry? What if the parents abuse one or all of thechildren? What if the father keeps someone in his basement as captive and sexually abuses that captive, should the kids show respect and follow thefather's orders to tell no one?

Again, it is important to respect and love your parents but the obligation for obedience ends when the edicts are evil or even just based on nothing butsuperstition and ignorance. Banning marijuana can only be justified by superstition and ignorance. Every argument about the evils of marijuana are rooted inone of those two or a desire to control someone's life simply for its own sake and making someone suffer for your own pleasure has a name and that name issadism and that is unacceptable.

Through most of history, the father could kill, rape, torture or sell his own children into slavery and fortunately we have, as a society, evolved and advancedbeyond that but it looks like we still have a little more progress to make.

Most NTers will always side with the parents over anything even though I know that at least some of the people saying that, you have should not have any control over what you put into your body, have also disobeyed their parents while they live or have lived at home. The rest of the people blindly siding with your mom are either dominated by their mothers or they are the types who know nothing about marijuana and consider it to be equally as addictive and damaging as hard drugs. That is evident by someone saying that you are associating "with known drug dealers" as if you have Tony Montana dropping by every day. Anyone who knows even a modicum about marijuana knows that a typical "dealer" is your boy, who you've known since middle school, and the drug lords are separated by at least half dozen intermediaries.

It is one thing if your mom is looking out for you and got upset over you driving drunk, doing hard drugs, stealing or being in a gang but opposing marijuana has no valid basis other than someone inflicting their own prejudices on another person. This is true for public policy or a private house hold. Unless your smoke is causing a bad smell in the rest of the house or disturbing someone's allergies, smoking marijuana is a lifestyle choice that should be respected.

Respect your mother but transcend ignorance, regardless of where it comes from, and in this case your mother is giving into the ignorance and superstition that has led to marijuana being unfairly demonized.

And to REX, If you live in my house, and we boys, if i pay the bills, and again you livin wit me, if i say no chicken in my house, you dont bring chicken in the house.

its a respect thing.
Well that view of the head of the household having absolute power over everyone else in the household's lives is a tad antediluvian, simplistic, patriarchal and in some ways dangerous.

How far should this go. If the parents are racist and they command their children to share in that racism and tell them to never bring over friends of a different color, should the kids show "respect" their parents' wishes and share in that bigotry? What if the parents abuse one or all of the children? What if the father keeps someone in his basement as captive and sexually abuses that captive, should the kids show respect and follow the father's orders to tell no one?

Again, it is important to respect and love your parents but the obligation for obedience ends when the edicts are evil or even just based on nothing but superstition and ignorance. Banning marijuana can only be justified by superstition and ignorance. Every argument about the evils of marijuana are rooted in one of those two or a desire to control someone's life simply for its own sake and making someone suffer for your own pleasure has a name and that name is sadism and that is unacceptable.

Through most of history, the father could kill, rape, torture or sell his own children into slavery and fortunately we have, as a society, evolved and advanced beyond that but it looks like we still have a little more progress to make.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Rex always speaks the truth.[/color]

you guys arent getting the point in this thread. its not about the drugs. its about having privacy in your home. and i really wasnt trying to "hide"it. i'm not trying to hide my weed smoking. she already knows i do it and i have told her im not going to stop just because she found out. But the cap of Ei had WAS hidden pretty well. in my box of cheques, under all the cheques. the box even had a cover on it! and she went snooping. but thats besides the point.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Most NTers will always side with the parents over anything even though I know that at least some of the people saying that, you have should not have any control over what you put into your body, have also disobeyed their parents while they live or have lived at home. The rest of the people blindly siding with your mom are either dominated by their mothers or they are the types who know nothing about marijuana and consider it to be equally as addictive and damaging as hard drugs. That is evident by someone saying that you are associating "with known drug dealers" as if you have Tony Montana dropping by every day. Anyone who knows even a modicum about marijuana knows that a typical "dealer" is your boy, who you've known since middle school, and the drug lords are separated by at least half dozen intermediaries.

It is one thing if your mom is looking out for you and got upset over you driving drunk, doing hard drugs, stealing or being in a gang but opposing marijuana has no valid basis other than someone inflicting their own prejudices on another person. This is true for public policy or a private house hold. Unless your smoke is causing a bad smell in the rest of the house or disturbing someone's allergies, smoking marijuana is a lifestyle choice that should be respected.

Respect your mother but transcend ignorance, regardless of where it comes from, and in this case your mother is giving into the ignorance and superstition that has led to marijuana being unfairly demonized.

its a respect thing.
Well that view of the head of the household having absolute power over everyone else in the household's lives is a tad antediluvian, simplistic, patriarchal and in some ways dangerous.

How far should this go. If the parents are racist and they command their children to share in that racism and tell them to never bring over friends of a different color, should the kids show "respect" their parents' wishes and share in that bigotry? What if the parents abuse one or all of the children? What if the father keeps someone in his basement as captive and sexually abuses that captive, should the kids show respect and follow the father's orders to tell no one?

Again, it is important to respect and love your parents but the obligation for obedience ends when the edicts are evil or even just based on nothing but superstition and ignorance. Banning marijuana can only be justified by superstition and ignorance. Every argument about the evils of marijuana are rooted in one of those two or a desire to control someone's life simply for its own sake and making someone suffer for your own pleasure has a name and that name is sadism and that is unacceptable.

Through most of history, the father could kill, rape, torture or sell his own children into slavery and fortunately we have, as a society, evolved and advanced beyond that but it looks like we still have a little more progress to make.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Rex always speaks the truth.[/color]

I've always felt the way Rex has, but never could put it quite so eloquently.

A+ post, sir.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom