Props to my fellow Black people that use "Big words" and all, but...

I used to get annoyed by his use of words, then embarassed. But now I think it's hilarious. C'mon, be serious, if Clyde was truly a fool and didn't know what he was talking about, he wouldn't be calling the games. For those of you who haven't heard him, he doesn't talk like this all the time. I just heard a radio interview with him this morning and he definitely isn't a dummy. Sorry OP, you have an argument with swiss cheese reasoning
laugh.gif

I understand what you're saying...like that one dude who got a word-a-day calendar for Christmas but not the accompanying connotation answer key...so the message is SAT-prepworthy but has a garbled *$% (or unintentionally hilarious) message. I definitely know one. As for the race thing, I think it was more a question of sounding like you're "trying to prove something BECAUSE this is what people think" rather than just an intelligent brotha dropping knowledge multi-syllabically. Clyde is just a visible example of a bigger phenomenon...

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Should he be like

"Damnnnnn this dude is droppin dimes on the court my dude"

"Pass G the ball hes on fire, word cuz"

"Mannnn, you know home boy is bout to get some tail tonight after all these points he made, word to yo momma G"
Sneak racism?

lil'bit...

I understand what you're saying...like that one dude who got a word-a-day calendar for Christmas but not the accompanying connotation answer key...so the message is SAT-prepworthy but has a garbled *$% (or unintentionally hilarious) message. I definitely know one. As for the race thing, I think it was more a question of sounding like you're "trying to prove something BECAUSE this is what people think" rather than just an intelligent brotha dropping knowledge multi-syllabically. Clyde is just a visible example of a bigger phenomenon...

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Should he be like

"Damnnnnn this dude is droppin dimes on the court my dude"

"Pass G the ball hes on fire, word cuz"

"Mannnn, you know home boy is bout to get some tail tonight after all these points he made, word to yo momma G"
Sneak racism?

lil'bit...

props to those who utter jibberish and think they deep, im looking directly at you rilla
cause a _ wear a kufi it don't mean he nice........

*i ji butchered that jay bar but u get the point lol

props to those who utter jibberish and think they deep, im looking directly at you rilla

*i ji butchered that jay bar but u get the point lol

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/571/****justgotrealo.gif

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/571/****justgotrealo.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I suppose you singled out black people because it is uncharacteristic for them to have an extended vocabulary. Am I right or am I right?

uncharacteristic?! 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
  that %!$! is like 8 syllables, what does it even mean?? obviously u just mad cuz op is talkin bout u. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I suppose you singled out black people because it is uncharacteristic for them to have an extended vocabulary. Am I right or am I right?

uncharacteristic?! 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
  that %!$! is like 8 syllables, what does it even mean?? obviously u just mad cuz op is talkin bout u. 

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

You know what, T.I. be doing that crap too...
laugh.gif
Nah. I'd have to disagree. I think he's naturally well spoken. He's the perfect example of someone who knows when to turn it on and off. Around his peers, yeah he's lax and can talk that hood lingo, BUT when the camera's are on, and there's some kind of important symposium going on, he knows
what time it is. This is one the many things i respect about him as an artist. He's eloquent, and if you notice, he chooses his words VERY carefully.
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
clown just cant keep himself outta prison
laugh.gif
@ the rest of this thread

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

You know what, T.I. be doing that crap too...
laugh.gif
Nah. I'd have to disagree. I think he's naturally well spoken. He's the perfect example of someone who knows when to turn it on and off. Around his peers, yeah he's lax and can talk that hood lingo, BUT when the camera's are on, and there's some kind of important symposium going on, he knows
what time it is. This is one the many things i respect about him as an artist. He's eloquent, and if you notice, he chooses his words VERY carefully.
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
clown just cant keep himself outta prison
laugh.gif
@ the rest of this thread

Really? Dudes are going at Clyde Frazier? And they going at him about his commentary and use of different words?

Dudes I chill with, that I respect when it comes to discussing anything NBA/Basketball or Sports related agree that Clyde is one of the GOAT at what he does.

I never get the sense that he is trying to be better by using these words.

It's entertaining to wait for his next great quote.

He's the best rhyming announcer by far as well.

Clyde is piff.

pimp.gif

Really? Dudes are going at Clyde Frazier? And they going at him about his commentary and use of different words?

Dudes I chill with, that I respect when it comes to discussing anything NBA/Basketball or Sports related agree that Clyde is one of the GOAT at what he does.

I never get the sense that he is trying to be better by using these words.

It's entertaining to wait for his next great quote.

He's the best rhyming announcer by far as well.

Clyde is piff.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom