Psychologically, What Does Wearing Fakes or Grey Markets Really Say About A Person's Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you don't see the irony let me explain.

You said
You are making a baseless assumption when you say "all they can get are real kicks". It's ironic because you have made this mind set up of what the guy wearing real kicks thinks about someone else (while hypothetical; this was made up totally on your own), while stating you don't care about fakes at all. Also, you now have to additionally demean the person wearing real kicks by claiming they can't get a baddie themselves. It's clear you feel a certain way here...

You are no better than the "dudes wear shoes to impress other dudes" crowd. It's lame and corny. I don't understand why the personal insults need to be thrown at dudes involved in the sneaker culture. Plenty really chill guys that are smashing baddies that still rock sneakers and care about them being authentic. I'm one of them.
you sure take sneaker talk to heart...lol....i stand by my comment regardless of your explanation...we agree to disagree

first so we not gonna address dude that keep posting Michael Buble lol :rofl:

second, i repped one of the best responses to this topic... its so layered that at the end of the day it doesnt matter yo

if you seen the movie "Dope", there is this scene were a bootlegger goes on this monologue about how ppl with money come to him and buy fake goods and rock it like its the real thing and no one will ever question them because of their "status".

with that in mind... imagine a person that can barely afford a real luxury item standing next to a person with a larger cashflow with the same knock off luxury item... the person with the knock off item probably feels better about themselves than the person that bought the real deal. Not only did they keep extra money in their pocket to go to something thats non material, they dont have to worry about anyone doubting if their item is the real deal.

what does that say about character? deep pockets could have the best of both worlds.

celebs are out and about in nyc like it ain't no thang, doe.
Not really

first so we not gonna address dude that keep posting Michael Buble lol :rofl:

second, i repped one of the best responses to this topic... its so layered that at the end of the day it doesnt matter yo

if you seen the movie "Dope", there is this scene were a bootlegger goes on this monologue about how ppl with money come to him and buy fake goods and rock it like its the real thing and no one will ever question them because of their "status".

with that in mind... imagine a person that can barely afford a real luxury item standing next to a person with a larger cashflow with the same knock off luxury item... the person with the knock off item probably feels better about themselves than the person that bought the real deal. Not only did they keep extra money in their pocket to go to something thats non material, they dont have to worry about anyone doubting if their item is the real deal.

what does that say about character? deep pockets could have the best of both worlds.
nope

Not really

See, this is what I meant by totally different lives. At lease once a week I meet a new celebrity. Then there's the behind the scenes people who you'd have a beer with at the bar or chill in the city with after meeting them ...it's about where you're chillin' and working. Also who you're chillin' and working with too.

Last edited:
first so we not gonna address dude that keep posting Michael Buble lol
roll.gif

i was thinking the same thing about that buble...lmao

Since you don't see the irony let me explain.

You said

You are making a baseless assumption when you say "all they can get are real kicks". It's ironic because you have made this mind set up of what the guy wearing real kicks thinks about someone else (while hypothetical; this was made up totally on your own), while stating you don't care about fakes at all. Also, you now have to additionally demean the person wearing real kicks by claiming they can't get a baddie themselves. It's clear you feel a certain way here...

You are no better than the "dudes wear shoes to impress other dudes" crowd. It's lame and corny. I don't understand why the personal insults need to be thrown at dudes involved in the sneaker culture. Plenty really chill guys that are smashing baddies that still rock sneakers and care about them being authentic. I'm one of them.
you sure take sneaker talk to heart...lol....i stand by my comment regardless of your explanation...we agree to disagree

Ok dude :lol: I'm not the one that made up the scenario about sneaker talk and then had to throw a fugazi with a baddie in there JUST to demean the dude with real kicks. Those were your thoughts. Maybe you're the one who takes this to heart... We can agree to disagree though :D

I don't care if you buy fakes, just don't try to stunt on me or show them off to me just because I like shoes. That's the part that annoys me, but that's even with real kicks. I don't care what you have, unless I ask to see them.

Ok dude
laugh.gif
I'm not the one that made up the scenario about sneaker talk and then had to throw a fugazi with a baddie in there JUST to demean the dude with real kicks. Those were your thoughts. Maybe you're the one who takes this to heart... We can agree to disagree though
happy.gif
we agree on something...
tongue.gif

See, this is what I meant by totally different lives. At lease once a week I meet a new celebrity. Then there's the behind the scenes people who you'd have a beer with at the bar or chill in the city with after meeting them ...it's about where you're chillin' and working. Also who you're chillin' and working with too.

well yea, you worded it as if every single day celebrities are just walking by as if they don't get harassed by paparazzi. If you're a paparazzi of course you're gonna see celebs every day :lol:, but the reality of that situation is a celebrity doesn't really effect me so I could walk right past em and I don't really give a damn :lol:

I'm not doubting whom met whom(grammar?), but how do you in real life in your day to day comings and goings know who's on NT? Like for example, SCKid is out in South Carolina, and I've been to South Carolina a few times since being on this site, if I were to see him, how would I even know it is him? I just don't get it, was the celebrity Proto J, GSC regardless.....

As far as the character of an individual who wears fakes, I don't see it as a character issue, they can be good upstanding people, but sometimes money is an issue, they got to do what they got to do. It doesn't, as it shouldn't affect me for we don't share shoes. I'm not going to clown or mock someone who does it because then what does that say about my character? So I live and let live and let higher powers judge character, or in this case fittingly, integrity. Now, NOW, if dude/chick is rocking fakes, and they're being obnoxious towards someone else or making fun of others for not being engrossed in that type of materialism extreme, then they get the business, for being jerks.

yea if you cant afford something faking the funk is not the way to go. an audemars piguet watch is out of my price range, you wont catch me trying to floss with a counterfeit just to impress people, that is ridiculous. everyone should wear what they want because they like it, not to impress others. that's just a bonus :lol:

What if u want one just cause it's a nice watch? Not to impress others?

then either you got it like that or open a savings account for a few years and cop one. If you can't afford it copping a fake is not the answer, it's pathetic actually

I think copping fakes can say many different things about ones character.

I think alot fake it to make it. To perpetuate and image or lifestyle their budget cant authentically accommodate.
There are also some who sees something they like, but cop anyway cus they like what they see. They dont care that it is fake or care about branding but like the item. They appreciate its look and most importantly its functionality.

To me, possessions doesn't make or break a person, their actual character and personality does.
But there are many who judge based of what one has, to assess one value. These are the people to whome fake it til
you make it matters.

Last edited:
Psychologically what does buying $200+ shoes to impress other men (deny it if you want) say about a person's character?

That should be the real question

That concept doesn't exist.

Nice isn't defined by you.

It is defined by society.

How do you know a watch is "nice" exactly?

You didn't create the concept of nice or beauty or a watch that looks good.

So the, "I am doing it for myself" nah, no you aren't. If NOBODY commented on your "nice" watch, your feelings would be crushed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom