Psychologically, What Does Wearing Fakes or Grey Markets Really Say About A Person's Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeness

Banned
How do you view the phenomenon of people sporting knockoff luxury or expensive items? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
lol

depends on one's views on grey market vs fakes. are they synonymous or is there a difference?

then, you can break down the question for each or just assume they are one and the same and answer.

:tongue:

They just want to be down.

The REAL question is what does it say about a person's character that judges someone for such things?

I understand not everyone went to college for business, or comprehends "branding". But luxury brands and high end brands are marketed towards people who can afford it.

http://niketalk.com/t/602469/grey-m...ssion-mature-rules-on-pg-1-please-read-before

Why do you keep doing this? Its getting old. Pretty sure you can get banned for this type of trolling
Argh! It's not trolling! Conversations take  different directions. I'm not talking about just shoes, the conversation could lead into vehicles or accessories. What is getting old is some of you guys' level of negative vehemence. It's unnatural the amount of attention that goes into monitoring what I post. Honestly it doesn't matter what I post, ALL OF IT, positive or negative gets attacked.

...while I'm not upset, it is puzzling how much energy goes into bothering me vs. energy in carrying on a decent discussion.

Last edited:
Dopeness loves attention man...

I've seen you post everywhere, in every thread, yet still saying nothing..
laugh.gif
 ...okay breh, if you say so. Right now there's 35 tabs open on my browser, I log into NT and just chop it up. There's no motive, I'm not trying to sell anything, socially influence anyone, research, etc... I'm just chillin', and I think that's the problem. A lot of you are insecure in who you are, therefore you're unsure how to be yourself, or what to post. Maybe you're the one who is ACTUALLY trollin'...which is why you're faceless.

I've bumped into several celebs who've recognized me from NT and have told me I was a cool guy, and they don't know where the hate comes from.

Try living life, stop trying to figure met out. I've learned psychology and communication in college, so I know the last thing I'm looking for on NT is validation.

Again... I'm just chillin' and some of you seem genuinely upset that I have the ability to log on and be myself, or ask certain questions without fear of social judgement.

Last edited:
I had a 180 view on fakes. If they look quality, knock yourself out.

Reps are no worse than paying $180+ for sweatshop shoes imo

Consumerism is harmful to society imo. It low key encourages ungratefulness: yes, my ___ is nice, but the new ___ just came out and mine is inferior. America feasts on this notion.

"fake" shoes is definitely a first world problem. Take some "fakes" to underprivileged children anywhere in the world and see how they react. That's the hidden problem with luxury: once everyone has what they really need, let's make them feel inadequate by saying it's old, or it's fake.

Corporations exploit this ideal by using exclusivity as a tool. No way on hell should a shoe be 750 dollars.

Random, but I think there's a reason that dogs tend to chew up expensive items, that's their way of saying, this really isn't important, you don't need it.

On the cool doe. I feel like all whites AF1s get a pass.

The fake might be better quality. :lol:

I had a 180 view on fakes. If they look quality, knock yourself out.

OP What celebrities have recognized you from NT?

Do you wear knockoff or grey market items?
Over the years, lots, not even just celebrities, industry people who lurk, or research NT. As I've stated dozens of times, it would be petty to name drop. I simply don't need to. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

No, I wear what I can afford, if I can't afford it brand new, I'll by it pre-owned or trade. Buying items that's not directly from the manufacturer is corny, it's their designs, it's their technology, it's part of their brand. There's a difference between being a loyal customer and being tool. If you wear grey markets, then you're a tool.

"Let me go at ninja, they seem to pay him attention. Trump thing isn't really working out"
I have no qualm with Ninja, again what is this attention that I'm so called seeking? Are you jealous? Would you like some of it? In all honesty I'd give it to you if I knew what it was.

Last edited:
What does paying $200-2000 over retail on a pair of shoes say about a persons character?

I don't think it says anything really. I remember getting air forces for $50 from dudes on the street vs going to footlocker and paying twice that. They were the same shoe and we're gonna get dirty the same way so might as well save money

I had fake/grey market BC3s and Concords back in college when I didn't go on NT at all. I got them from Air Randy or Marqueesole. Having bought many pairs of Jordans since 2000 they looked fine to me. I got them months early and beat them into the ground. This was before the whole fake/grey market debate. I wouldn't buy them again knowing that they are fake but I don't regret it either. They looked and felt just like the real thing. I just can't consciously buy fake stuff. I really thought they were just early release pairs snuck out the factory.

I don't any Jordans any more partially because of the fake/grey market stuff. Mainly because they drop a new pair every week and they are impossible to buy. Jordans are played out, period. Not gonna lie though I'd come back for BC3s, BC4, and Spacejams. That's pretty much it though.

I wouldn't buy fake high end stuff either. Why play yourself if you can't afford it?

They all come from the same sweatshop imo
Maybe because I'm self employed and often contracted I understand the hard work that goes into curating a brand. The power of a company comes from the brand loyalty. People will pay whatever they feel the brand is worth to their lifestyle.

When you buy fakes, you're being a tool. You just want to be like everyone else. You have no personal value, or self-identity. You're a true attention seeker.

Last edited:
This isnt like a troll answer or anything but honestly

I dont give a **** wat anyone wears.

It doesnt make me think any more or any less of them.

I guess there was a point wen i felt sum kind if way about someone who knowingly wore fakes.......but not anymore.

Over the years, lots, not even just celebrities, industry people who lurk, or research NT. As I've stated dozens of times, it would be petty to name drop. I simply don't need to. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

Is that you in your avy? I browse NT every weekday, have seen you post on all of your SNs, and still have no clue what you look like :lol: I have no idea how a celebrity would recognize you outside of NT, let a lone someone who's on NT all the time.

I've had non-celebrities notice me in real life and it's creepy as hell. I don't see a celebrity reaching out like that, especially to someone who doesn't seem to post in the threads about shoes/clothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom